41 replies to this topic

#31 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2857 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

So you have never ever ever ever ever, dropped a long range 3 metre putt????

Pffft. 3 meters is a tap in mate ;)

• Ji Bao He likes this

#32 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22504 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

Pffft. 3 meters is a tap in mate ;)

What specifics are measured by the 3 meters?

#33 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2857 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:22 PM

What specifics are measured by the 3 meters?

I measure my metres with a meter. What else?

/pedant

Wtf does my keyboard keep putting the red underline thingy under metre and change it to meter?

• Ji Bao He and iRON MiCK like this

#34 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 12075 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:14 AM

Wtf does my keyboard keep putting the red underline thingy under metre and change it to meter?

check your comp setting for which English its using.

• Ji Bao He likes this

#35 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2164 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:14 PM

100% of Short putts never go in!

I've seen plenty of putts come up short and sit on the front edge of the hole for several seconds and then via gravity or magic just fall in, does that count ?

100% of long putts never go in.

Just sayin... ;)

Sorry to say Baz that I've witnessed some putts go past the hole then turn around and come back to drop in !

Jon...

Just sayin... :) 

• Ji Bao He and Short Putt Man like this

#36 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2857 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

I've seen plenty of putts come up short and sit on the front edge of the hole for several seconds and then via gravity or magic just fall in, does that count ?

Sorry to say Baz that I've witnessed some putts go past the hole then turn around and come back to drop in !

Jon...

Actually Jon, I remember that has happened to me too! :lol:

Earlier this year at Gailes I think. An uphill putt went a little left, slowed down and stopped about a foot past the cup with me cursing my shi-ite putting ability. Then slowly crawled back down and in. Brilliant putter me :D

• Ji Bao He, Short Putt Man and hack2489 like this

#37 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2731 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

Jon...

Yeah but then that wouldn't be a short putt then :P

Cap: 17.9 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#38 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2164 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

Yeah but then that wouldn't be a short putt then :P

All of the ones that I've seen have been short and never going in but as I said, it was either gravity or magic that finished them off.

I remember watching a ball during a rain deluge that was moved 8 to 10 metres down a green by the amount of water pouring across the slope. The volume of water created a small river and took the ball from the back of the green to within acouple inches of the hole and ended up as a tap in birdie !

Jon...

• Short Putt Man likes this

#39 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2731 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:05 PM

All of the ones that I've seen have been short and never going in but as I said, it was either gravity or magic that finished them off.

I remember watching a ball during a rain deluge that was moved 8 to 10 metres down a green by the amount of water pouring across the slope. The volume of water created a small river and took the ball from the back of the green to within acouple inches of the hole and ended up as a tap in birdie !

Jon...

Now that would have been awesome to see!

Cap: 17.9 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#40 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2766 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:28 PM

100% of long putts never go in.

Just sayin... ;)

I've hit putts that were way too hard and have gophered into the hole or hit the back of the cup and jumped up a bit and fell in, I've never hit a putt too soft that went in.

#41 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22504 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

I measure my metres with a meter. What else?

/pedant

It seems that the world of software engineers believe that Yankee spelling should apply to everything, unless the user corrects it. Or perhaps it is their acknowledgement that Yanks wouldn't have a clue how to personalise it if real English was used as the default.

#42 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39795 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:53 PM

I've hit putts that were way too hard and have gophered into the hole or hit the back of the cup and jumped up a bit and fell in, I've never hit a putt too soft that went in.

I suspect that if it went in it wouldn't have been too long by bazs definition
  • bazinoz likes this

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer