#61 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13073 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:53 AM

I put it down to the 57kmh winds, they played the best soccer of all time but the elements were not in their favour

• Goldy, koiom K Frenzy and Itchy4Scratch like this
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#62 koiom K Frenzy

koiom K Frenzy

Anyone for a Cuppa?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11630 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:12 AM

I heard the Socceroos went into the game thinking that away goals for Honduras were worth too much so they were going to just treat it as a practice game.
  • Goldy and MaxxOn like this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3011891841

2012 Curlewis OOM#5 A Grade NTP
2013 Beaconhills Invitational Classic 3rd Place
2013 Stink 3 Club Challenge NAGA
2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade NTP
2014 Bendigo Slog Pairs Winner with Ghetto
2014 Vic ISG Matchplay Runner Up
2015 Vic ISG Matchplay Semi Finalist
2016 Keysborough GC April Medal Winner
2016 ISG Race to 6 Winner
2017 Torquay OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2017 Moonah OOM#4 A Grade Runner Up
2017 Overall A Grade OOM Winner

2017 Overall All Grade OOM Runner Up

2018 Bacon Wide Tour Keysie Invitational Winner
Have never been beaten by Mick off the stick

#63 gobligook

gobligook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:39 PM

I'm with Mouldy on this. Standard of game was pretty damn low.

Honduras defensively were insipid. Aussies should've had heaps of easy shots on goals but continually butchered the ball.

Anyway, aussies earnt the right to be embarrassed in Russia. That's fine.

#64 tigertuff

tigertuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

Socceroos playing pathetically. Absolutely no talent on either wing. Mooy and Rogic are in a different class to the rest of the team. The Hondurans know this and are clogging up the middle of the pitch. Set pieces are Australia's only chance.

Sainsbury at the back is most likely to give a goal away. Totally pissweak under pressure. Behic also a liability. The Hondurans have done nothing down their left side as we're in total control on that side of the pitch.

Milligan showing how poor the A-League over the hill talent pool is. More on that later from a talented source.

Nil all draw and penalties beckon.

I was worried watching the game unfold until I read this at halftime  :D

• Goldy likes this

#65 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3112 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:22 PM

Soooo, opinions on the aussie test team picked for 1st Test?

FMD, where did they get those selections from? It screams "crisis" to me.

Are they trying to even things up and give the poms a fighting chance? Or do they just shuffle a pack of cards and see what numbers come up :)

rider - I still fully expect Australia to win 1st test by a country mile. Their quicks will be tough on the Gabba wicket.

Edited by bazinoz, 17 November 2017 - 12:22 PM.

#66 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13073 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:09 PM

I think Renshow at 1 and Bancroft at 6. Granted Renshaw's Shield run-scoring form hasn't been outstanding by stretch, he's still be out there for long periods time showing he can graft out a patient dig.

It won't matter who keeps anymore, the expectations of a keeper have been radically changed since Gilly and to some extent Hads. If Paine can hang on some catches, he's done his job.

It's my hope that I get to see Bancroft and Warner bat for an hour or so on day 1 after the Poms win the toss, bat and get rolled after tea.

"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#67 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8621 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:51 PM

WTF are the Australian Cricket selectors on..... seriously S Marsh, T Paine and dropping of Renshaw..... deary me.... think they have found a paddock of laughing lucerne and are intent on smoking the hole farking lot....
Chance to really kick the Poms whilst the street brawler is absent and they loose the plot....

VTTP 006

Miracle

#68 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18020 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Until Paine had a bad finger break, I think it was, he was rated by far the best keeper in the country. He just didn't score enough runs subsequently to force his way back.

Agree that Renshaw can occupy the crease for long periods and give us some stability. I'm sure he only needs one good century in the shield and he'll be back.

Marsh is a waste of space and shows what a dearth of batting talent there is. Only a matter of time before Austin Waugh is picked for a baggy green from grade cricket.
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users