#61 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12117 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

They should change it to handicap matchplay so the international team have a chance

Played off the stroke index, obviously
  • Itchy4Scratch likes this
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#62 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2793 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

From what I've seen the septics have made a lot more putts when they have had to, the internationals have missed putts they should have made.

#63 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8554 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:04 PM

They should change it to handicap matchplay so the international team have a chance

Liberty National has a slope rating of 155, so some players will get an extra handicap shot or 2.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#64 voss

voss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1617 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

The Presidents Cup is on it's final outing at RM unless someone can formulate an idea to save the event. The Dollars and the Zero return to the players are the only plusses. The event is one sided and needs a total revamp.

The Vic Open was saved by mixing and matching the men and women and this is the only 'out' left to save the event. Mixed foursomes , 4BBB and singles will work, get the girls in and add some colour and mystique .

At my golf club , over three days not one Member talked about the Presidents Cup ..... I ask you !!!!
  • chevychase likes this

#65 PerryGroves

PerryGroves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

Not sure it's as dire as all that Voss, but yes, the Internationals certainly need a better performance than the stuff they put on in New Jersey.

Its only a dozen years ago the US got thumped 18 1/2- 9 1/2 in back to back Ryder Cups. Nobody was calling for revamps, LPGA players etc.

This looks to be a pretty special US team at the peak of their powers, "we" only lost by a point 2 years ago in Korea.

I think there is a fair chance that a player like Li Haotong may be the first Chinese to make the side at RM (he was unlucky this time).

Over time I think the event has a future, it will never be the Ryder Cup and thats OK. Additionally for 1 week every 2 years it doesn't hurt the PGA Tour to be a little outward looking.

Edited by PerryGroves, 03 October 2017 - 06:55 PM.

• voss and BumpunRun like this

#66 Takeitasread

Takeitasread

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

Remember this was a really powerful US team, the majority of whom were playing at or near their best. I was standing watching them on the range on day one and it was comical the talent the US team had on show, right through the list. It is also easy to suggest scrapping it or changing it, but it can be like when a side loses a preliminary final in the AFL and they say they are going back to square one and a total rebuild. Somebody has to lose.

Just the fact all the US team showed up at the end of their year indicates it does mean something to them too. I assumed some would feign injury but none did.
  • voss and kevin123 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users