Top_Cat

Top_Cat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2742 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:07 PM

Taylormade v the rest?

Taylormade would probably come out with a new model every six holes.

• TheTrueReview, iRON MiCK and wOzz like this

Hi, my name is Steve & I'm a golfaholic, I even go to the meetings
Melb Southern Suburbs 3195

Australia's most mediocre golfer.

He who rules the short game takes home the gold...Dave Pelz

#17 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8501 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

Agreed, the top 10 US players are in order, Dustin Johnson, Jordan Speith, Justin Thomas, Daniel Berger, Rickie Fowler, Kevin Kisner, Brooks Keopka, Matt Kuchar, Patrick Reed & Charley Hoffman. That is one hell of a line up. Big Titty Phil can't even get a look in at 18th.

Dont forget its match play and some players who are good at stroke which USA are dont necessarily perform well under match play pressure.
The internationals have some very good match play players such as Day and Leishman, oosthuizen

The closeness will depend how Nick Price lines up his team and the motivation of team.
If they win a few early matches and get some confidence they could roll team USA.

Edited by Can Break 80, 09 September 2017 - 12:24 PM.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#18 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 12375 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

Agreed, the top 10 US players are in order, Dustin Johnson, Jordan Speith, Justin Thomas, Daniel Berger, Rickie Fowler, Kevin Kisner, Brooks Keopka, Matt Kuchar, Patrick Reed & Charley Hoffman. That is one hell of a line up. Big Titty Phil can't even get a look in at 18th.

Big Titty Captains Pick!

• RobNewy and Francie like this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

#19 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 12375 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:01 AM

Funny interview with Day and Mickelson

• Weetbix and Francie like this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

#20 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36243 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

Big Titty Captains Pick!

Really should be paired every day against Leishman.

With Monty driving the pie cart.

• Weetbix likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#21 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:02 AM

Adam Scott needs to be locked in a room for a month with Dave Pelz! Geez he’s a woeful putter.
  • steve008 likes this

#22 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36243 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:21 AM

And if someone could please shoot Paul Gow...a flesh wound to remove him from the commentary box would suffice...then this would almost be as good as winning the damn thing.

"Jason Day the modern day Seve Ballesteros"....please...

• chevychase and Schmuck like this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#23 Takeitasread

Takeitasread

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:41 AM

As promised, today was the opening day of the Presidents Cup and here is my brief report from someone who by pure coincidence on holiday in the area.

A gorgeous sunny day but very windy. I caught a special ferry across the Hudson which took about 25 minutes and passed right by the Statue of Liberty and dropped us right by the course. One person said the course was $250k to join, another said $500k. Apparently the owners of Reebok own it, but mere heresay. The course is in spectacular condition, very flat but loads of viewing mounds. The greens seems very swift, but very true. The views back across the Statue of Liberty to the skyline of Manhattan are amazing. There were three presidents at the opening ceremony, but no sight of the Donald.

The talent on the range and putting green is amazing. The size of the players is also a surprise in some cases, such as Koepka. He looks seriously solid. On the course most seem to be watching Phil, which seems odd. Other groups have far more talent, but far fewer spectators. Sheep psychology is clearly at play here.

There are many people dressed for the occasion, which is fun. Everyone seems well behaved, although New Yorkers (and New Jersey people) are a unique breed. Golf courses always seem to attract a higher than average number of knobheads too.

I personally saw three hole outs in the first seven holes, reinforcing my view that the superstars have superstar short games.

In the end the US were up 3.5 to 1.5, but we aren't out of it. Hopefully things will fall our way tomorrow.

New York is expensive too. Just sayin'
  • steve008, Madambo and Francie like this

#24 Schmuck

Schmuck

Dead Cat anywhere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10678 posts
  • Location1 club shorter

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:14 AM

And if someone could please shoot Paul Gow...a flesh wound to remove him from the commentary box would suffice...then this would almost be as good as winning the damn thing.

Be thankful Gowy doesnt hang around all the time & redesign your golf course! :(
  • Goldy likes this
Nothing makes sense, except GOATS, they ALWAYS make sense

Ever noticed that Ducks swagger?

I am only half trying

#25 steve008

steve008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

Adam Scott needs to be locked in a room for a month with Dave Pelz! Geez he’s a woeful putter.

The stupid part about it is that his setup is textbook, he just has no confidence, either that or he can't read greens for peanuts!!

That stupid method that he uses just makes him look like a knob when he misses, which we all know is more often than not!

#26 Bully_BushRanger

Bully_BushRanger

King Epon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2342 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in my mind

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:24 PM

It was woeful to watch. 😔

ISG Vic 2013 MatchPlay Champion

ISG Vic 2014 MatchPlay Semi Finalist

ISG Vic OOM #3 Champion Sunday June 1st 2014 Heritage Henley Course (38 points with 2 wipes) Bout friggin time!!!!

ISG Vic OOM #4 Champion Sunday October 5th 2014 Sandhurst Champions Course (42 points with 0 wipes, 79 off the beater!!) Back to Back Baby!!!!

Caddy of the Year 2015 NWRGA

Kiwi "THE LEGEND"

#27 Severiano

Severiano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:22 AM

seriously, HOW does GOW get this gig? He speaks like a scrubber, calls shots as "perfict" So many better options than him. I turn the sound down to mute Gow and the Bubba Louies !!!

#28 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:36 AM

seriously, HOW does GOW get this gig? He speaks like a scrubber, calls shots as "perfict" So many better options than him. I turn the sound down to mute Gow and the Bubba Louies !!!

Yep, certainly better options than Gow. I just can’t get into this Presidents Cup. Is it just me or does it lack something?

#29 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11967 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:38 AM

Yep, certainly better options than Gow. I just can’t get into this Presidents Cup. Is it just me or does it lack something?

Needs more of the best players in the world, or different sorts of formats to usual. Or maybe just dragons, definitely needs more dragons.
  • Bully_BushRanger likes this
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#30 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:49 AM

Needs more of the best players in the world, or different sorts of formats to usual. Or maybe just dragons, definitely needs more dragons.

If the remaining four balls keeps going the way they are, the U.S. are going to be up 8 - 2 by the end of the day. This is going to be a massacre.
  • Severiano likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users