95 replies to this topic

#91 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8912 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:17 AM

We had a good discussion about laying the club down a few months ago.

After looking at Hardy, imo the whole question of laying down gets a lot clearer.

If you were playing a 2 plane LOP, I don't think you want to lay the club down.

If you were playing RIT, but made a 1 plane backswing, the club at the top would be parallel to the plane for the RIT throw, so would need to be dropped as you throw. Semantically, you might call this a laydown move, or choose to call it a drop. Hardy calls this a drop.

If you were playing RIT but took a 2 plane backswing, you absolutely need to lay the club down on a flatter plane as well as drop down. Hardy calls this a hybrid, a two plane RIT hybrid.

A perfect example, imo, of how you can't say "laying the club down is a good idea" until you have thought about how you want to release the club.

This is a feature of a lot of golf instruction, they don't properly put the idea they are talking about in the context of the swing type they mean.

As you will see if you look at Hardy's analysis of pro swings, once you know how they intend to release the club, what they do on the backswing and transition is understandable as moves necessary to get into the right place for the release they use.

I just hope someone on isg ponies up the 80 bucks soon, then this thread won't have to be just my take on Hardy.

do you really think the pros stand on the tee or in the fairway and part of their pre shot routine is to think about  RIT or LOP and all the other stuff to help release the club head just before they hit the shot....

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#92 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12906 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:57 AM

I can't even get through the whole of your posts let alone ponie up $80 on another golf book

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2017 VIC ISG OOM Overall Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#93 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4986 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:36 AM

do you really think the pros stand on the tee or in the fairway and part of their pre shot routine is to think about RIT or LOP and all the other stuff to help release the club head just before they hit the shot....

No. That’s not what he’s saying. He’s saying the pros have grooved, consciously or unconsciously, a certain swing pattern, they don’t think what they are going to do of course, but video shows they are doing it. Semantics.
  • GhettoGolfer likes this
I'm just pissed off OK? Don't ask.
READ EM AND WEEP
http://www.golflink....k_No=4072302355

#94 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9991 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:41 AM

I can't even get through the whole of your posts let alone ponie up $80 on another golf book

Get some ritalin into you. Should help you with your 8 sec focus window.
Because some idiots complain that my sig is too large:
th_Ghettobanner_zpsik8air89.jpg

Golflink: http://www.golf.org....icap/3013502329

#95 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12906 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:54 AM

5 sec... what?

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2017 VIC ISG OOM Overall Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#96 Devongolfer

Devongolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:59 PM

Just to recap. The Release is a book, the cheapest option is a Kindle version online, just over £7 GB. Comparable to the price of a couple of pro v1s.

If you like that and get into it, imo it is worth getting the videos that explain the book, they cost the 80 bucks.

Nothing to do with swing thoughts, thanks, Toph, for clearing that up.

If you are working on your swing, particulalry if you have been working and struggling for a while, and are looking for some fresh ideas that might help, Hardy is my recommendation.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users