#1 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

Playing pennant yesterday and on the 7th we both sliced our balls off the tee and they were down an embankment in the scrub. We found his in the open and looked for mine and even though we had an idea where it went it looked lost, I was about to declare it lost and found it sitting down in the crap but just visible. My opponent came up after I yelled out I found it and that's when the doubts set in with him saying I was using a titleist 2 and I was using titleist 4 and he questioned how the ball ended up where it did.
I hit the ball out but conceded the hole because he was sure I now was using the wrong ball. I did confront him on the tee and attempted to say what ball I was using and showed the sleeve that still had one ball left in it ( a Titleist 4) but he was still sure I tried to pull a swiftie and said he might be wrong about the ball I was using but I was pissed off then and was tempted to concede the match and lost the next hole because I could not find the ball. I did approach him on the 9 th and said I could have handled the incident better but he said he had forgotten about it by then. This did affect the rest of my game but when someone questions your honesty and all but accuses you of cheating it does put a damper the rest day. The end result was I lost but it was not a game that I will try to remember.
  • Parmachine likes this

#2 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40401 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

Poor play in my opinion unless you are playing with a known cheater

As the question and if the person says it's right then it's right unless you have quality proof

Sounds like he's either gaming you or an ass - unfortunately it worked either way - bummer
  • AGQ likes this

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#3 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8554 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:41 PM

Always best to put a texta mark on your ball at start of play, and show it to him on the 1st tee, ie using a titleist 4 with a big red dot on it.
  • Tochakka and AGQ like this

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#4 Ji Bao He

Ji Bao He

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16547 posts
  • Location#KW #CHAMPION

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:59 PM

I guess if you did cheat you wouldn't be asking us this question. So you can't tell me he didn't notice what number Ball you were using. On the tee, on the putting green marking your ball for the last 7 holes..... he is a tosser, I would have made him putt everything out over the closing holes. Hope he gets flogged 10/8 next match
  • Parmachine likes this
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#5 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9016 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:14 PM

Got played brother
  • Parmachine likes this
6th March 2016 - Beat the ISG Matchplay Champion!

Posted Image

#6 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

Always best to put a texta mark on your ball at start of play, and show it to him on the 1st tee, ie using a titleist 4 with a big red dot on it.

+1

#7 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:19 PM

I will be making a point of confirming what number and brand of ball I am using and the colour of the pen or permanent marker every time I play . If I cross paths with him again I will be certain he knows what number and brand and any markings on the ball and might even take a photo so he can be certain what I started with or changed to during the game.
Did I get suckered in? maybe I did and he won because I lost a couple holes and lost focus.
  • tigertuff and Parmachine like this

#8 Rodent

Rodent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:04 PM

You need a better mindset. I always try harder when playing against an r sole. The nice guys are the hardest to beat!

• Tochakka and Parmachine like this

#9 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

You need a better mindset. I always try harder when playing against an r sole. The nice guys are the hardest to beat!

I see yesterday as a lesson in match play, good or bad my opponent got in my head and had the game swing in his favour until I coooled down.
  • Parmachine likes this

#10 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11710 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:51 PM

I see yesterday as a lesson in match play, good or bad my opponent got in my head and had the game swing in his favour until I coooled down.

I have had several players try to pull rules on me but must admit nobody ever accused me of cheating. You need to be awfully sure of your grounds before accusing someone of cheating. I tend to agree with Ghetto, you got played.

Member of the Vision Test Pilot Project.
No VTPP11

#11 Vinhol

Vinhol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

Match play can be a real mind game and things can really get to you.

I was playing a guy about 15 years ago I was about 3 up on the 10th and I was sure he had a 5 and he said he had a 4 I didn't call him and it played on my mind and I lost the match after being in control

#12 mrbluu

mrbluu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:54 PM

+1

I've been marking my golf ball for ages. If u can't identify your golf ball then it's lost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users