#1 Danz

Danz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4661 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:10 PM

Bit of a club fit question...

Got a friend who's indicated he'd like to try golf one day at the range. (ie. me introduce him to the game). This guy is 6 foot 5 inches tall. I'm about 5'9" and use standard length clubs. Assuming my clubs will be too short for him, so i'm wondering what sort of length would he require?

• Madambo likes this

#2 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10663 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:13 PM

Depends on wrist to floor measurement mate

Measure that, then have a look at the Ping website

#3 jrg1166

jrg1166

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:36 AM

Depends on wrist to floor measurement mate

Measure that, then have a look at the Ping website

Agree totally as an example I am 6ft 5 and use clubs 1" above standard while one of my regular playing partners is the same height and he plays clubs 1.25" above standard

So there is no easy rule for club length it is dependent on arm length etc

#4 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2213 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

To answer your question properly, it's important to look at his body section lengths, trunk, legs and arms.

Just taking a floor to wrist measurement is only a guesstimate and doesn't account for the odd differences in body sizes. Short/long arms, long/short trunk, long/short legs and the combinations of all segments etc. Once those things have been evaluated and then how he sets up to the ball, a good decision can be made as to the final length and also lie angles.

Unfortunately one size doesn't fit all and when you're really tall or very short the thought process has to be more so on the money !

Jon...

#5 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13606 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:05 PM

To answer your question properly, it's important to look at his body section lengths, trunk, legs and arms.

Just taking a floor to wrist measurement is only a guesstimate and doesn't account for the odd differences in body sizes. Short/long arms, long/short trunk, long/short legs and the combinations of all segments etc. Once those things have been evaluated and then how he sets up to the ball, a good decision can be made as to the final length and also lie angles.

Unfortunately one size doesn't fit all and when you're really tall or very short the thought process has to be more so on the money !

Jon...

If that is the case, can I throw some figures at you.. Floor to wrist = 86cm    Floor to hip = 102cm.  hip to shoulder 65cm.  Shoulder to wrist = 66cm  Overall height 182cm   Working on a  12 to 15 deg spine tilt at address..  ??  Am I std length or whatever??

• hack2489 likes this
The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users