#32 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I am a recovering shankaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15816 posts
  • Location45 deg right of my last shot

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

Got away with golf bags so far in Laos. Carried for free on the internal airline. Happy for the tourism dollar.

Only a matter of time before you have to swipe your credit card to get into the dunny on Jetstar flights.

Shanklink

OOM Tour

I am mid table mediocrity !

Baconwide Tour

Runner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at Yarrambat

NAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews Beach

Team Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship Flinders

Runner up 2017 Southern Invitational

Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour

Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine

Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport

#33 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18835 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

$25. You are such a tightarse :D
Paid this plenty of times for a pram. Consider yourself lucky it's for clubs :D

Considering that both ways that would be $50 in total, and I have to pack two weeks worth of clothing etc into a 7kg carry on, I reckon they have a bloody cheek.

The golf gear weighs in at 12kg, so they've just saved themselves 3kg each way, plus made themselves $50 in the process.

You tell me who wins out of that little arrangement Micky? ;)

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2016.

#34 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18835 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:07 AM

Got away with golf bags so far in Laos. Carried for free on the internal airline. Happy for the tourism dollar.

Only a matter of time before you have to swipe your credit card to get into the dunny on Jetstar flights.

Yes, I'm not a big fan of Jetstar, or as I like to call them ......."Easyjet" (after the UK TV show about their budget airline carrier.)

I've also learned that, if we don't wish to stare blindly at the back of the headrests in front of us for 6 hours each way, that's another $90 in total that we need to shell out for what they call an "entertainment pack".

If we wish to eat during the flight, meals of course are an additional cost .... so while the flights may, or may not, seem relatively cheap initially, (I haven't really compared $) ....... all these "extras" certainly are annoying, and these hidden costs (once they become evident) may make it worthwhile shopping around for alternatives in future ......... eg airlines that have all this crap included as standard to begin with. :)

And I'm not biatching about the money as such, its just annoying that you have to get back online after you've booked your flight, fight your way thru their crappy website to go into your booking and make these changes.

Then exactly two days out, you have to do it all again in order to book your seats (Why isn't that allocated when you originally book?) ........ only to find out when you get your details loaded ......... that you can't do that on-line but that you have to now do it at the check in desk at the airport.

There is enough stuff to do in the lead up to a trip without all these mindless hurdles being put in your way, that should all be done at the time of the original booking.

Edited by GPJ_Longdriver, 21 July 2017 - 08:13 AM.

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

#35 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32537 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

My belief totally Gaz. I think I would rather pay up front for everything to save the hassles. Not that I've been on too many flights of late.

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#36 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11619 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

Yes, I'm not a big fan of Jetstar, or as I like to call them ......."Easyjet" (after the UK TV show about their budget airline carrier.)

I've also learned that, if we don't wish to stare blindly at the back of the headrests in front of us for 6 hours each way, that's another $90 in total that we need to shell out for what they call an "entertainment pack".

If we wish to eat during the flight, meals of course are an additional cost .... so while the flights may, or may not, seem relatively cheap initially, (I haven't really compared $) ....... all these "extras" certainly are annoying, and these hidden costs (once they become evident) may make it worthwhile shopping around for alternatives in future ......... eg airlines that have all this crap included as standard to begin with. :)

And I'm not biatching about the money as such, its just annoying that you have to get back online after you've booked your flight, fight your way thru their crappy website to go into your booking and make these changes.

Then exactly two days out, you have to do it all again in order to book your seats (Why isn't that allocated when you originally book?) ........ only to find out when you get your details loaded ......... that you can't do that on-line but that you have to now do it at the check in desk at the airport.

There is enough stuff to do in the lead up to a trip without all these mindless hurdles being put in your way, that should all be done at the time of the original booking.

My belief totally Gaz. I think I would rather pay up front for everything to save the hassles. Not that I've been on too many flights of late.

Cheap flights are just that- bare basics. You do get prompted when purchasing for all the add ons, - did you book yours Gaz?

Check this story on what our local airlines are charging for golf clubs- as an extra now even if within your normal weight allowance.

http://www.aussiegol...ith-golf-clubs/

I had a group over to New Cal last year and no charge on way there on plane as it was Air Calin, but hen co shared on way back it was Qantas plane and they stung us majorly (5 bags close to $200 each! for overweight etc)

On my way back form US last month we had a bag 2.5K over limit and it was going to be US$80 extra but we moved a few things then all good.

#37 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18835 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

I didn't book ours Mads, the Beloved and DIL did.

My travel agent though (The Beloved) is well aware of my luggage requirements (the clubs are pretty much standard fare for any trip we've ever gone on)

After looking at your link though Mads, it seems that Qantas are the ones to fly with, if you have a sporting bent at least.

EVENT WINS

#38 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18835 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

Yeah, its the hassle involved in it all which is the really annoying thing I reckon.

This thing about having to go on line 2 days out and book your actual seat, otherwise they could put you anywhere . FFS, how bad is that?

You're seat should just be allocated when you do the booking . eg 5 people are on the booking, then all 5 get put together.

As it stands you have probably 200 people on a plane, and exactly 24 hours out from take off, everyone has to jump on line and try to pick a spot to park their arse. (Tis worse than doing the weekly golf booking at 3pm on a Friday as the golf clubs website is much more efficient than the airlines)

Surely when you buy a ticket, that should mean you have also bought a seat ........ otherwise everyone should ignore the "two day out" process, and just turn up at the aerodrome with a deck chair. :)

• Francie likes this

EVENT WINS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users