#91 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3032 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

Yep swear by fitting as well. My clubs have never felt better nor myself confident over them. To me it eliminates any question mark about where the issue might be.

Although my score didn't translate yesterday I hit some great shots when I put the right swing on them. I had my lies and lofts adjusted Saturday morning and while playing yesterday I noticed chalk and cheese difference between the before and after.

Honestly to me its a feel thing and I know when my swing is off or when a club is incorrect. Without getting things adjusted and fitted correctly I would still be in no mans land blaming clubs and not trying to fix swing faults.

Still stand by this! Was reading through this because of the Perth Fitting thread and thought back to seeing Jon while on holidays. Again clubs feel great and "in tune" so to speak. Chalk and Cheese difference.

Now feeling the clubs suit me rather than me trying to suit my clubs is the best way I can explain it.

OOM 4 2017 Moonah Open C Grade and Overall Winner - 39pts

OOM 1 2018 Growling Frog B Grade and Overall Winner - 40pts

Cap: 15.4 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Stiff | Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Works Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spare: Big Bertha Mini on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

#92 Special07

Special07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:43 PM

Thought this may be the best place to ask these questions.. not sure if somewhere better? I’m an on again off again golfer but about to sign up for a membership for the first time and want to give it a proper crack.. I can shoot anywhere between 95-110 as a general guide.. I have Taylor made burners that my old man bought off the rack for me 5 years ago .. I have felt for a while like they may not be suited for me but never could be sure ..

I’ve never played a whole year consistently so have never seen my scores come down but am keen to do that this year if I sign up..

So my questions .. I’d like to get fitted but money is a factor .. is it possible to get fitted with the right clubs for me for not too much over the 1k mark? Would probably like most clubs included in that but could look to exclude a driver to stay close to the budget ..

I’ve looked online for a fitter.. I live in Cranbourne in Melbourne so not sure where to start?

I’ve hesrd before to wait until your swing is sorted before fitting but to be honest I feel like it will help me to know the clubs I have in my hand are right for me..

Any help would be much appreciated !

Cheers

#93 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5367 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:45 PM

One option is to have some lessons and talk to the pro about whether it’s worth changing clubs.
http://www.golf.org....icap/4070201550
What can possibly go wrong?

#94 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9158 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:46 PM

Thought this may be the best place to ask these questions.. not sure if somewhere better? I’m an on again off again golfer but about to sign up for a membership for the first time and want to give it a proper crack.. I can shoot anywhere between 95-110 as a general guide.. I have Taylor made burners that my old man bought off the rack for me 5 years ago .. I have felt for a while like they may not be suited for me but never could be sure ..

I’ve never played a whole year consistently so have never seen my scores come down but am keen to do that this year if I sign up..

So my questions .. I’d like to get fitted but money is a factor .. is it possible to get fitted with the right clubs for me for not too much over the 1k mark? Would probably like most clubs included in that but could look to exclude a driver to stay close to the budget ..

I’ve looked online for a fitter.. I live in Cranbourne in Melbourne so not sure where to start?

I’ve hesrd before to wait until your swing is sorted before fitting but to be honest I feel like it will help me to know the clubs I have in my hand are right for me..

Cheers

go and see Golfguy at Total Golf Performance in Oakleigh he will set you up. 

with a good fitted set.

fitted clubs are not expensive to buy.

• Francie likes this

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#95 Special07

Special07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:36 AM

go and see Golfguy at Total Golf Performance in Oakleigh he will set you up. 
with a good fitted set.

fitted clubs are not expensive to buy.

Have read a bit of the thread about him. Does he have a good range of brands and new clubs or is he more so for adjusting current ones to fit better ?

#96 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1485 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:43 AM

Cheers

Mate, if you have a read of the summary in my profile then check out the details in my 'journey, journal' thread on here, you'll see I did the whole club fitting and new clubs thing just on 12 months ago.

I'm a hack and no expert, but my $0.02 worth is if you're not confident in your clubs you'll have doubt with your swing.

The latest and greatest Driver, irons or wedge won't make you a tour player, but, a proper club fitting will help eliminate some misses and issues. That way you can concentrate on your swing without having to compensate for ill fit clubs.

Clubfitting can be expensive but really depends on where you go. Some places try to make it an elite thing with a price to match. Others, see it as essential and provide exceptional value for money.

As you'll see from your research it can be a few hundred dollars... Or, not. For me, I known, my full bag fitting and new clubs cost me less than retail prices (i.e club fitting plus club cost = less than retail for the clubs alone)... I used Drummond and Golfworld prices as my benchmark and know, full fitting Driver to Putter including clubs was, across the bag 10% less, yes ... LESS.

You've been given a good tip to go and at least talk to Jon, golfguy33, from on here. It's his profession and a lot of guys and gals (Deege has even named her new driver after him) have success from his services. At least go and have a chat to him...

Keep us updated on you progress and what you learn, find, with the club fitting. If you get new clubs, remember to post pictures on here too!

#97 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14335 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

Jon at TGP can fit you out to a budget. Depends on what you want to spend. Pretty sure he can sort you out for under $1k.

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2018 Gardiners Run Senior Matchplay Champion

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event Winner

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Frank" founding member

#98 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:17 PM

The question is do you get fitted for a poor swing that as it improves it will throw your fitting out or do you have lessons and get some consistency before fitting.

You need to decide what you want and how much time are you prepared to put in and wait.

If you want to just improve on what you have at the moment then get fitted, but if you want to really get better have some lessons.

No point getting lie angles adjusted to suit a high hand delivery if you improve your swing and your clubhead delivery.

A fitting can be a bandaid for a poor swing or it could be the difference between good shots and bad ones everyone is unique, just my opinion.

#99 KEG

KEG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:53 PM

The question is do you get fitted for a poor swing that as it improves it will throw your fitting out or do you have lessons and get some consistency before fitting.

You need to decide what you want and how much time are you prepared to put in and wait.

If you want to just improve on what you have at the moment then get fitted, but if you want to really get better have some lessons.

No point getting lie angles adjusted to suit a high hand delivery if you improve your swing and your clubhead delivery.

A fitting can be a bandaid for a poor swing or it could be the difference between good shots and bad ones everyone is unique, just my opinion.

Is that you Mark Crossfield  :D

• ElHosel likes this

-2015 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade & Overall Winner
-2016 Team Winner of the Vincent Cup @ Barwon Heads
-2017 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade Winner & N/P
-2017 GDGA Div 5 Pennant Winners (Winchelsea)
-2018 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "A" Grade Winner
Single figures reached(9.5) on 28//8/2016
Lowest H/C 7.4 on 15/9/18
PB Round 73/9/64 (11/3/17) Winchelsea par 69
PB Round 76/11/65 (14/7/18) Curlewis par 72
2018 Nationals Putting God!!😎👊
http://www.golflink....49&dt=1&skip=1#<p><p>https://www.gamegolf.../player/keggolf

#100 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5367 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:53 PM

Agree. That why I said get lessons first. You will probably be unpleasantly surprised, as I was, at how little difference fitted new clubs will make to your score. A scratch golfer can play with any clubs and do okay. A hacker can have perfect clubs and still will hack. I’ve improved more with $500 spent on lessons than $2000+ spent on clubs

#101 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5367 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:54 PM

But then again, new clubs ....... always nice!

Edited by Toph, 13 May 2018 - 01:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users