• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 sandbelt24

sandbelt24

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

I work weekends and thus like to play 1-2 times Monday to Friday. I understand that 6 or 7 day membership may be necessary.

Seeking a club that is relatively flat and has a mid-week comp and also informal inhouse groups during the week.

Seeking options and so far am considering the following;

1. Woodlands - has a Monday pm group, a Tuesday afternoon group and their mid-week comp is Thursday.

2. Spring Valley - have a Tuesday and Wednesday comp.

3. Patterson River - have a comp every day.

Anyone like to share their comments about these clubs or others in this region??

• Madambo likes this

#2 seve_

seve_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts
  • LocationSandbelt Country

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

In my opinion Woodlands is the best course of those 3

#3 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10578 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

Eastern have a comp 7 days a week.

No waitlist either

#4 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Arnie's Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10667 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:14 PM

Eastern have a comp 7 days a week.

No waitlist either

Do they really? Is it a good course? Do you recommend it?

• Mr_C likes this

Billionaire Genius Playboy Philanthropist NAGA

2017 VIC ISG OOM Champion

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#5 Feebs

Feebs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:04 PM

Spring Valley has an off peak membership which allows play on Mondays, Tuesdays (comp fees included in membership), Thursday afternoons, Fridays and Sundays after 3pm for a bit over $2000 from memory. There is a joining fee but I think the club has been discounting this. From memory I paid around $700 joining fee?

I've been there for just a few years, and I'm very happy.

Wherever you are considering, ring the prospective club and arrange for a game to try it out.

#6 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I am a recovering shankaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16367 posts
  • Location45 deg right of my last shot

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:55 PM

Keysborough 5 day membership for around $2100.

Meets all your criteria. Good comps every Wed (180+ players) and Friday (120+). Singles can get a tee time with ease.

Ladies have the course Tuesday am and there is often a 1/2 day out for trade days or regional pennant or whatever on Monday or Thursday. All advertised well in advance.

You can always find someone to have a hit with on the other days. Especially between 7:30-8:30am
  • voss likes this
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#7 Whosey

Whosey

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

Hi Sandbelt24,

You should really have a look at Patterson River. It has great all weather course, relatively flat. They run comps every day, have informal member groups during the week and will certainly have a membership package to meet your lifestyle.

You will find friendly people, a very sociable atmosphere and a great course. Give them a ring, I'm sure they will be happy to accommodate you.

Whosey.

• Madambo likes this

Whosey

#8 voss

voss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

Hi SB24, as Mouldy indicated Keysborough is a great option . There are two or three membership options that will suit and if you give the office a call they will oblige. Agree with the other comments and agree that SV and PR are also good options and pricing would be similar.

#9 sandbelt24

sandbelt24

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:10 AM

Thanks everyone for their comments ; my wonderful club and can I say, outstanding all year round course quality, closes next year. It has always been a delight walking the course, always well maintained. Just looking at options around the SE suburbs of Melbourne. I appreciate all the comments ; thanks again.

#10 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4748 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

Thanks everyone for their comments ; my wonderful club and can I say, outstanding all year round course quality, closes next year. It has always been a delight walking the course, always well maintained. Just looking at options around the SE suburbs of Melbourne. I appreciate all the comments ; thanks again.

But peninsula is so damn good....
  • RobNewy likes this

#11 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16367 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:49 AM

But lots of Kingswood members don't want to drive to the Eastern province of Franganhistan.

Overheard whispers of bulk deals being offered by competing SE clubs.
  • Parmachine likes this

National Tour

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#12 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4748 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:19 PM

But lots of Kingswood members don't want to drive to the Eastern province of Franganhistan.

Overheard whispers of bulk deals being offered by competing SE clubs.

Southern have had a few come across over the last 12 months, but it's really not that far to go to Peninsula especially if you're getting in the car to go to golf anyway 

#13 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16367 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:21 PM

Going to be a bonanza for the clubs that can absorb so many players and all who can will be working hard to do so.

National Tour

#14 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4748 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:31 PM

Going to be a bonanza for the clubs that can absorb so many players and all who can will be working hard to do so.

Did you forget you replied to me already? 

You really are losing your shite. 

• BumpunRun and RobNewy like this

#15 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11983 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:06 PM

has it been mentioned at all that the the Kingswood members aren't keen on driving to the Eastern province of Franganhistan?

• StewyGriffin and Itchy4Scratch like this
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users