Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35571 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

John Merrick?
  • The Pres likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#107 The Pres

The Pres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17948 posts
  • Location.

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

Rocky Dennis?
  • Goldy likes this

#108 the piranha

the piranha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:53 PM

What make me confuse is why they spend $100M on Rory? It is just an insane amount of money, giving their financial condition. And TM got DJ, Tiger and many others, do they really need Rory?

There are only so many club manufacturers these days. I am guessing that only these top manufacturers are willing to pay serious money: TM, Callaway and Titleist. The rest like Mizuno, Cobra, Ping and others are not known to pay big money or they mainly just focusing to several tour players only. By the rules of supply and demand, the sponsorship money should be going down... unless you are big in golf clothing and shoe business (like Nike),...

#109 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10232 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:20 PM

What make me confuse is why they spend $100M on Rory? It is just an insane amount of money, giving their financial condition. And TM got DJ, Tiger and many others, do they really need Rory?

There are only so many club manufacturers these days. I am guessing that only these top manufacturers are willing to pay serious money: TM, Callaway and Titleist. The rest like Mizuno, Cobra, Ping and others are not known to pay big money or they mainly just focusing to several tour players only. By the rules of supply and demand, the sponsorship money should be going down... unless you are big in golf clothing and shoe business (like Nike),...

They now have the #1,2 and 3 in the world.
That is marketing brilliance

#110 the piranha

the piranha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:50 AM

They now have the #1,2 and 3 in the world.
That is marketing brilliance

Yeah but expensive, that's why the selling price is only $425m.. without Rory they may fetch $500m, the adidas shareholders must be fuming,... may be it is Taylormade management putting the company ripe for takeover -> just my conspiracy theory...

#111 trol

trol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSouth East Melbourne

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

Yeah but expensive, that's why the selling price is only $425m.. without Rory they may fetch $500m, the adidas shareholders must be fuming,... may be it is Taylormade management putting the company ripe for takeover -> just my conspiracy theory...

Uhh, we just got taken over. That's the whole point of this thread.

• Madambo and Itchy4Scratch like this

#112 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18835 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:22 PM

I've been building 2 to 5 sets of Miura irons for the past 10 or so years now.

Jon...

Geez you must work bloody slow ...... :D

• BumpunRun and Itchy4Scratch like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2016.

#113 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2111 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:05 PM

Geez you must work bloody slow ...... :D

I have to go really slow Gaz, those bloody Miura heads are very expensive and it's no good earning to much money quickly, the tax is huge :)

Jon...

• GPJ_Longdriver likes this

#114 Robroy22

Robroy22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSurf Coast

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

I have to go really slow Gaz, those bloody Miura heads are very expensive and it's no good earning to much money quickly, the tax is huge :)

Jon...

Jon you're not still paying tax are you?

On another note...the Scotty performed beautifully last week. Birdie on the first hole!

And the 3 wood arrived today...thanks mate another special stick goes back in my bag. And in the mean time I found a little brother (M-Steel 5 wood) so I'll need you to do the same job again! I'll send the M Steel 5 Wood and the Mizuno 4 Wood and can you just change the shafts and send them back again!!

Lovely doing business with you mate, hopefully the Taxmen aren't watching this thread!

Rob

• Madambo likes this

#115 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2111 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

Jon you're not still paying tax are you?

On another note...the Scotty performed beautifully last week. Birdie on the first hole!

And the 3 wood arrived today...thanks mate another special stick goes back in my bag. And in the mean time I found a little brother (M-Steel 5 wood) so I'll need you to do the same job again! I'll send the M Steel 5 Wood and the Mizuno 4 Wood and can you just change the shafts and send them back again!!

Lovely doing business with you mate, hopefully the Taxmen aren't watching this thread!

Rob

Looking forward to the next challenge you send me, as always.

Jon...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users