16 replies to this topic

#1 twinkles76

twinkles76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

I have had a little break of 6 months from the game and have recently got back online and went to go to golflink to book an open comp game at Ryde Parra.

Obviously I was directed to golf.org or something like that and there is limited places to book golf online these days. A few limited courses on here.

Being a shift worker and my club having one comp day a week during the week I am limited at my own club and sometimes mates give me late notice whether they are working the next day.

I am not a fan of ringing around clubs the next morning asking if they have a comp and if there is any spots.

It got me thinking of a few questions

1. Are golf clubs missing anything by not having online booking for all courses.

2. Will there/Is it possible to have a full Australian online booking system for all golf courses

3. Will all courses ever  have open days online that they could open it a day or 2 before so members get first choice

• Madambo likes this

#2 Harambe

Harambe

I said "cream" not "green"!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3457 posts
  • LocationBoooooooo

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

Clubs can do it now if they have MiClub. It's up to them if they want to use it in that manner.

#3 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11619 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:45 PM

Clubs can do it now if they have MiClub. It's up to them if they want to use it in that manner.

there lies the problems- clubs/pros are very painful at times to take on what they perceive is more work. fyi  isg tee times work with Micropower, GCS, and Miclub currently.

• Harambe likes this

#4 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11619 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

I have had a little break of 6 months from the game and have recently got back online and went to go to golflink to book an open comp game at Ryde Parra.

Obviously I was directed to golf.org or something like that and there is limited places to book golf online these days. A few limited courses on here.

Being a shift worker and my club having one comp day a week during the week I am limited at my own club and sometimes mates give me late notice whether they are working the next day.

I am not a fan of ringing around clubs the next morning asking if they have a comp and if there is any spots.

1. Are golf clubs missing anything by not having online booking for all courses.

2. Will there/Is it possible to have a full Australian online booking system for all golf courses

3. Will all courses ever  have open days online that they could open it a day or 2 before so members get first choice

Hey we are associated with Open Day s and will have some further ones announced moving forward.

http://forums.iseekg...l/#entry1558403

#5 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11619 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

FYI updates re: Open Days across the country  Check 40min mark on this podcast for more info. http://podcast.iseekgolf.com/7

#6 Falcs2

Falcs2

Suspect

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:54 PM

Hey we are associated with Open Day s and will have some further ones announced moving forward.

http://forums.iseekg...l/#entry1558403

I assume this would be relevant to my post a few weeks ago?

http://forums.iseekg...-hoc-open-days/

#7 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11619 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

I assume this would be relevant to my post a few weeks ago?

http://forums.iseekg...-hoc-open-days/

Yep exactly sorry I lost track as there are a couple posts on same topic.  More to come!

#8 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

FLABBERGASTED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29014 posts
  • LocationIn Disbelief

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:14 PM

Hey twinkles...you need to get back on the ISG NSW Golf Days bandwagon...pretty sure you played with us once, has been a while!

• Madambo likes this

A

DON'T LET THE BLACK DOG WIN...

HELP IS OUT THERE

5 Time ISG NSW WBT Winner

2013 ISG NSW WBT COC Runner Up

2015 ISG NSW WBT COC

2nd ISG NSW Life Member Inductee

2012 Inaugural ISG National Supreme Putting Champion .

2013 ISG National Championships...13th place...now that's desperately unlucky

2013 ISG National Championships...3rd Place 2nd Round - Moonah Links
2014 ISG National Championships...13th place...no other golfer could be that desperately unlucky 2 years in a row!

2015 ISG National Championships...21st place...that's farked

2016 ISG National Championships...waaaaay down the list.

2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Yarra Yarra Satellite Game 

2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Huntingdale Satellite Game

2016 ISG National Championships...Captain of winning NSW Team, SOO.

2013 Inaugural Brass Yacht Winner

2014 Brass Yacht Winner

2015 Brass Yacht Runner-up

2016 Brass Yacht Winner

Life Motto: "If it's free, it's for me!"

Team Live4BarnEsy...forever undefeated angel-2-smiley-emoticon.gif

Desperately Unlucky ©

#9 twinkles76

twinkles76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for all your replies

Barnsey.. I was active on this forum a few years ago and was interested in the ISG open days but never made it out to a game..

I have a new job now which has seen me go from 1 to 2 games a week to 8 games in the last 12 months..

I will have a look at the open days when I get back to hitting it ok and playing more than 1 game every 6 weeks..

• Madambo likes this

#10 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32537 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:51 PM

Barnsey.. I was active on this forum a few years ago and was interested in the ISG open days but never made it out to a game..

I have a new job now which has seen me go from 1 to 2 games a week to 8 games in the last 12 months..

I will have a look at the open days when I get back to hitting it ok and playing more than 1 game every 6 weeks..

That's more games than what BarnEsy plays.   :D

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#11 twinkles76

twinkles76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:03 PM

Just listened to the podcast. . 

Hopefully all the clubs can get on board and post their regular open days and the private ones that have special 1 day a year open days..

Even a list to start with the open days would be good. I am using a list from about 6 years ago which isn't too far off the mark.

• Madambo likes this

#12 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8842 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

Need better mates Twinkles!

Edited by GhettoGolfer, 27 May 2017 - 01:23 PM.

6th March 2016 - Beat the ISG Matchplay Champion!

Posted Image

#13 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11619 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for all your replies

8 is about how many players NSW gets to each event as well!

#14 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12842 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:02 PM

8 is about how many players NSW gets to each event as well!

The circus is in town, so we have twice as many clowns at the next game on 4/6/17.

• GhettoGolfer likes this

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER

2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National  N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie

Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#15 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8842 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

The circus is in town, so we have twice as many clowns at the next game on 4/6/17.

Clown 1 says to Clown Commish:
How many shots did it take for you to finish hole 9 at the Frog?

Clown Commish Responds:
Too many, i couldn't turn my frown upside down. Then some little fecker took a sneaky pic too.

Then we all had a laugh.
  • Commish and Madambo like this
6th March 2016 - Beat the ISG Matchplay Champion!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users