;) :wub:

#17 Joe Blake

Joe Blake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:53 PM

I will be in Jakarta in late November and looking to play 2 rounds there, any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

I visit JKT for golf about once a year.  

All good options,  go nuts (I havent played Cengkareng). Gading Raya is not particularly special relative to the others.  I wouldnt play there unless there was a reason, (like with a group)

Be aware many will not allow you to play alone.   Imperial is fine with it, i went there early in the week and course was empty, didnt even cost $50.  Royale will tell you over the phone not permitted.  However I am advised if you just turn up at any course they will let you play alone on weekdays.  I havent tried it though.  Just make sure its not booked out before you do.   Early midweek is pretty quiet most places and some courses dont open at all on Mondays.

Emeralda and Royale are good choices if you are staying in the west, very easy to get to.  If you havent been to Jakarta before, dont assume a short distance is a short travel time. Its not.   All courses heading south along the Jag toll range between good and awesome.  Palm Hills probably the weakest course but are in the top 3 for service staff recruiting policy.  (Palm Hills, Bogor Raya, Rainbow hills) 

If you can play on sunday,  look up Tee Set, they welcome visitors.  If you are a wanker, I didnt send you (hey, they accepted me). I have played maybe 15 rounds with them over last 7 years.   Some of the guys organise casual mid week golf,  like on a wednesday, just ask.   

https://teesetgolf.w...e-set-schedule/

There is another group called Djakarta Old Golf Society (DOGS), mostly play saturdays.  If you want to try them you will find an emaiil contact here.  (no website) http://golfindonesia...d-golf-society/

Is there a reason why you are not looking at Riverside?  IMO, you got to be crazy not to pencil that one in.  (mind you Norman was crazy when he designed it)

Most courses are really weird to find the entrances, so use Uber and also have your own G Maps or whatever handy, and research before you go.   Golf booking times are arbitrary.  Leave early,  dont sweat traffic delays and when you check in with the starter will allocate you the precise time which could be sooner or later.  They manage the tees on the fly, so you wont actually miss a tee time, unless you are with a group and they start without you.    Most punters try to get there very early and enjoy the clubhouse and breakfast - usually because waiting for some schmuck who is late and took the cheap taxi and went to the wrong course. Play as early as possible and avoid the afternoon rain - it is rainy season.

Edited by Joe Blake, 15 August 2017 - 11:57 PM.

• Madambo, El Barto, VLAD and 1 other like this

#18 Birdie Killer

Birdie Killer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:24 AM

Thanks Joe for your invaluable inputs.

I will come with 2 other mates so shouldn't have problems with the tee booking, we will try to book in advance though, we only play on 2 days Thursday and Friday.

We will most likely stay near to Damai Indah PIK golf club, that's why Damai Indah PIK and Cengkareng are the 2 courses of choice. Would like to try the Riverside as you suggest but it's a bit of traveling.

A mate of mine who lives in Jakarta will provide car and driver that make the logistics so much easier.

2014 ISG National Championship: Killed a bird
2015 ISG National Championship: Almost killed a jogger
2016 ISG National Championship: Killed the tittle!

2017 ISG National Championship: Met the lady version of Birdie Killer

Golflink.

#19 Joe Blake

Joe Blake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

Oh yeah I got my east and west mixed up (If you had of used bh indo names I would be fine )
Jag/Area is not so bad once on the toll be because you would be travelling opposite directions to everyone else. But still a long hike, would be an hour at 2am

I also forgot there are two Damai Indah courses. My place is the opposite end of the city, further south than Matoa Nasional golf, I never go anywhere near the north except to the airport. I haven't played any courses on the north or city area.

I do recommend Imperial, just because it's very unique ( and can walk). Plus who else will be able to say they
Played through Madonnas boobs. It's not that far from where you are staying relative to other golfing areas.
  • Birdie Killer likes this

#20 Birdie Killer

Birdie Killer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

Thanks Joe, I'll put Imperial in my list and check with my mates whether they want to play Imperial or Cengkageng

2014 ISG National Championship: Killed a bird
2015 ISG National Championship: Almost killed a jogger
2016 ISG National Championship: Killed the tittle!

2017 ISG National Championship: Met the lady version of Birdie Killer

Golflink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users