• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 norman1

norman1

Suspect

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

Some of you may be familiar with Missy Jones through her blog (virtuallycertainmissy.com) and very active, and informative, Twitter feed. I had a lengthy chat with Missy on Episode 5 of the new ISG Podcast for anyone interested and she has also expressed interest in becoming a regular podcast guest to talk all things rules and take questions from the forum. If anyone is interested in having a listen you can find the episode at http://podcast.iseekgolf.com/5. Missy's interview starts around the 45 minute mark. Any and all feedback welcomed and we will organise a pinned topic if there's interest for members to post questions for Missy to answer on future episodes.
  • Madambo likes this

#2 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21747 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

Not if it's going to take 45 minutes to get to the meat. I'd be asleep by then.

Actually, that could be useful in the middle of the night.

#3 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27034 posts
  • LocationHere in paradise

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

Not if it's going to take 45 minutes to get to the meat. I'd be asleep by then.
Actually, that could be useful in the middle of the night.

You can bypass as much as you want once it is loaded. A tech savvy man like yourself should know that :P
Intended to break 90 this year, not going well.

Concentrating just getting round the course

#4 RulesGeek

RulesGeek

Average Member; Advanced Technique

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:13 AM

Some of you may be familiar with Missy Jones through her blog (virtuallycertainmissy.com) and very active, and informative, Twitter feed. I had a lengthy chat with Missy on Episode 5 of the new ISG Podcast for anyone interested and she has also expressed interest in becoming a regular podcast guest to talk all things rules and take questions from the forum. If anyone is interested in having a listen you can find the episode at http://podcast.iseekgolf.com/5. Missy's interview starts around the 45 minute mark. Any and all feedback welcomed and we will organise a pinned topic if there's interest for members to post questions for Missy to answer on future episodes.

Did you ask any of the staff members from the R&A or USGA who are actually involved with the writing of the rules to come on your show?

Some of Ms. Jones comments on the process (e.g., the suggestion that the tours are only now being given the opportunity to contribute to the revision process ~1:20 mark) show why it would be more useful to discuss rules issues with the actual authors instead.

sigimage.png

#5 rogolf

rogolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:52 AM

Did you ask any of the staff members from the R&A or USGA who are actually involved with the writing of the rules to come on your show?

Some of Ms. Jones comments on the process (e.g., the suggestion that the tours are only now being given the opportunity to contribute to the revision process ~1:20 mark) show why it would be more useful to discuss rules issues with the actual authors instead.

As RG says, the tours have been involved with the ruling bodies/revision process for at least a decade, probably much longer.  They are an integral part - where the application of the Rules are on display and discussed.  The announcers may not come up with the right answer, but the realities of the situation are available to the viewers.

#6 norman1

norman1

Suspect

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:51 PM

Hi RG and thanks for the feedback. In answer to your question no, I did not (yet) ask any representatives from the R&A or USGA to be guests on the podcast though will likely do so in future. In terms of Missy's comments regarding the involvemrnt of the Tours, my sense was she was referring specifically to the framing of rules relating to video/television (which obviously effects professional golf almost exclusively). I would be more than a little surprised if she was not aware of the relationship between the governing bodies and the professional tours. Thanks again for the comments and hopefully you enjoyed the chat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users