15 replies to this topic

#1 pt73

pt73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

Nine caddies in 3 years, that's right up there with Mr Allenby.

http://www.golfdiges...eeds-to-wake-up

#2 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11983 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:09 AM

I wonder if she had personally liked any and thought they were good for her?

"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#3 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36251 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:13 AM

May be in need of a knowledge worker.
  • Phil Mycrackin likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#4 pt73

pt73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

My guess is IMG are in the middle of this.

When she signed with them her original coach was dumped for Leadbetter who was then replaced with Gary Gilchrist at the start of 2017.

A lot of people bag Phil Mickelson but he's had one full-time caddy for his whole career despite the ups and downs.

#5 Happy_Dude

Happy_Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:52 PM

My guess is IMG are in the middle of this.

When she signed with them her original coach was dumped for Leadbetter who was then replaced with Gary Gilchrist at the start of 2017.

A lot of people bag Phil Mickelson but he's had one full-time caddy for his whole career despite the ups and downs.

I doubt that IMG or any other management company chooses a players' caddy or coach.  Seems like they're just the messenger in this case.  A more likely speculation would be the parents pulling the strings - like Lead says.

Who's bagging Phil and why?  Not the man-boob thing again is it?

I am not interested in your blog.

#6 macc

macc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:10 AM

pt73

Nothing like Allenby. She treats caddies perfectly on course and off.

• Madambo likes this

#7 mugcanic

mugcanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3606 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:03 AM

They need to concentrate on the job at hand and stop lusting after Lydia.......joking......I'm JOKING!!

#8 pt73

pt73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:36 PM

I doubt that IMG or any other management company chooses a players' caddy or coach.  Seems like they're just the messenger in this case.  A more likely speculation would be the parents pulling the strings - like Lead says.

Who's bagging Phil and why?  Not the man-boob thing again is it?

Too much of a coincidence for me that she signs with IMG and her original coach is almost immediately dumped to be replaced by Leadbetter who's also an IMG client.

BTW, the article says the caddy was fired by her IMG agent not the player.

#9 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:40 AM

Hank Haney said about six months ago that her parents are the biggest problem, they're always interfering with her professional life. I think Haney has been sacked by her too recently as well a Leadbetter.

#10 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40267 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:05 AM

Well their interference got her to world number one so maybe it's too bad for the coaches who think they know best?

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#11 macc

macc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:57 AM

Haney never coached Lydia.

#12 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3061 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:31 AM

Hank Haney said about six months ago that her parents are the biggest problem, they're always interfering with her professional life. I think Haney has been sacked by her too recently as well a Leadbetter.

I don't think Haney coached her, she went straight from her junior coach to leadbetter

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

#13 Happy_Dude

Happy_Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

Too much of a coincidence for me that she signs with IMG and her original coach is almost immediately dumped to be replaced by Leadbetter who's also an IMG client.

BTW, the article says the caddy was fired by her IMG agent not the player.

Yes I said they (IMG) were the messenger but it's a very big leap from there to "their decision".  I reckon, at best, IMG would facilitate connections with caddies or coaches, but that would be the extent of it.  Also if IMG then sacked Leadbetter, one of their own, what does that say about your coincidence theory?

Is it Phil's gambling that folks are bagging?

I am not interested in your blog.

#14 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4141 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

I have a strong suspicion that this is an example of a golfer not being the sole one to make decisions, and the involvement of parents might well be the factor behind the chopping and changing.  She just turned 20 so maybe it is just a matter of time before she starts to truly take control of her own career.

All accounts are that she is perfectly professional with all and just wonderful with fans.  I have watched her in person when she was working with Justin Hamilton, and she seemed to have a perfectly polite and professional relationship with him.  I can understand how the departing caddies (and coaches) would grumble a bit about being moved on when you have a good relationship with the player and she is doing so well.

Golflink

Winner C Grade Long Drive 2013 OOM #2 Heidelberg

Winner B Grade Long Drive 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Winner B Grade NTP 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#15 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:57 PM

I don't think Haney coached her, she went straight from her junior coach to leadbetter

You could be right, I honestly don't know whether he coached her or not but he has a radio show in the US & I subscribe to the podcast so when I'm away in regional areas or interstate, I tune in and that's where he made the comment. I don't think Haney would just make it up so I'd assume he's got some background info?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users