• PipPipPip
  • 2489 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:41 AM

http://www.golf.com/...icapping-system

• Parmachine likes this

Cap: 16.2 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | X Series Jaw Slate 54* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 60* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Project X LX 6.0 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on True Temper XP105 Stiff Shafts | X Series Jaw Slate 58* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 56* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013)

Spares: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft |"Made For" Prolaunch Red Stiff 46" | Wilson Staff FG Tours on Project X 5.5 3 - PW | X Series Jaw Slate 58* C Grind | X Series Jaw Slate 50* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#2 ink

ink

Power in (p)ink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32414 posts
  • Location#keepfighting

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:41 AM

Seems knowledge worker related
  • Mr_C likes this

#3 Bladerunner

Bladerunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

How does GA's handicapping system compare with the UK and US...by that I mean would my (chopper) cap of 13.6 in Oz be higher or lower under their systems?

Cheers

#4 Chunky McChunkerson

Chunky McChunkerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

How does GA's handicapping system compare with the UK and US...by that I mean would my (chopper) cap of 13.6 in Oz be higher or lower under their systems?

Cheers

Its what I have been wondering as well but I think it is more how they do their handicapping. IE we use Stableford, US use stroke I believe. UK I am not sure.

I know up until this year the US would allow people to post their own scores for cap reasons without a 2nd check etc or marker like we do. The USGA changed it so that it had to be signed\marked by a fellow competitor now. I think (not sure so don't quote me) UK uses tournament only caps where we use comp.

I think its more about bringing these standards in than how you got to your cap. For a long time a 13 in US would be nowhere near a 13 in UK or Aus.

Be interesting to see what comes out of it and where it ends up.

• Bladerunner likes this

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | X Series Jaw Slate 54* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 60* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Project X LX 6.0 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on True Temper XP105 Stiff Shafts | X Series Jaw Slate 58* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 56* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013)

Spares: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft |"Made For" Prolaunch Red Stiff 46" | Wilson Staff FG Tours on Project X 5.5 3 - PW | X Series Jaw Slate 58* C Grind | X Series Jaw Slate 50* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

#5 mugcanic

mugcanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3560 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:26 PM

Seems there's been tinkering happening for years...I don't think our system is all that bad...except some of the slope ratings that I know of seem to be inaccurate.

Also I don't like the part in our system whereby when playing par, the scores are reverted to stableford for handicapping purposes and if you wipe a hole you still get 1 stableford point. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Sorry.....I've probably hijacked the thread.

• Weetbix likes this

#6 Chunky McChunkerson

Chunky McChunkerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:06 PM

Seems there's been tinkering happening for years...I don't think our system is all that bad...except some of the slope ratings that I know of seem to be inaccurate.
Also I don't like the part in our system whereby when playing par, the scores are reverted to stableford for handicapping purposes and if you wipe a hole you still get 1 stableford point. That just doesn't make sense to me.
Sorry.....I've probably hijacked the thread.

Nah its exactly what its for....plus doesn't seem to be many 1responses so a hijack might give it life....

WITB:

#7 2Putts

2Putts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9574 posts
  • LocationDown on the farm

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

Cheers

Most Americans I've played with are handicapped quite aways lower than they should be due to their social round handicaps. If they say they are off 10 then they're probably a solid 16 marker and will complain all day about how badly they are hitting the ball today ...... fore right with massive slice :rolleyes:

I'd say if you did it the "American Way" you'd be a 7 marker B) 

• RobNewy and Parmachine like this

http://www.golf.org....icap/2121504048

After all is said and done ..... more will be said than done .....

#8 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21747 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

If we followed the USGA system, our handicaps would be average of your best 10 in last 20 and no deduction of 7%.

So, all ours would be higher.

Then all the A graders will be whingeing about not being able to win anything.
  • Benjamen Breeg likes this

#9 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27033 posts
  • LocationHere in paradise

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:36 PM

It's all about jobs for the boys, more officials costing golfers more money.
Intended to break 90 this year, not going well.

Concentrating just getting round the course

#10 Benjamen Breeg

Benjamen Breeg

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16165 posts
  • Location#KW #CHAMPION

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

You will have to play more comps then to get your money's worth...
  • Weetbix likes this
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#11 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27033 posts
  • LocationHere in paradise

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:21 AM

You will have to play more comps then to get your money's worth...

No, that's commitment, not for me thanks :P
Intended to break 90 this year, not going well.

Concentrating just getting round the course

#12 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8293 posts
  • LocationTol free Zone

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

It's all about jobs for the boys, more officials costing golfers more money.

Simply amazing.... maybe you might like to enlighten us with the pro's and cons of the current system compared to what we used to have as to what the proposed changes might do to handicapping in Australia and world wide....

Should be a doodle for someone with your vast experience under the current handicap system...
  • pom likes this

VTTP 006

Miracle

#13 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23703 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:14 AM

Simply amazing.... maybe you might like to enlighten us with the pro's and cons of the current system compared to what we used to have as to what the proposed changes might do to handicapping in Australia and world wide....

Should be a doodle for someone with your vast experience under the current handicap system...

as a non golfer, non comp player (for a myrid of excuses, they will come)

he has no idea.

sit back and wait for the reasons why....

wont be long now

put the jug on

• pegasus2357 likes this
Half the Trentham dream team

#14 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11320 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

Clean up aisle 5
  • pegasus2357, BarnEsy05 and RobNewy like this