Jolls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationBallarat

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

Hi all,

My Brother is currently based in Perth doing some fly in / fly out work at a mine in the middle of nowhere. I am heading over to visit on Wedneday 3rd May and back on Monday 8th May. I'll be taking my sticks over, he loves his golf but is a bit of a chopper and happy for me to pick the courses I want to play. He doesn't have a GolfLink number anymore so I'm tipping public access courses will be our go.

He used to live in Mandurah when he first moved to WA and suggested a bit of a golfing road trip down that way. So I was thinking Kennedy Bay and The Cut both get a run due to their rankings on the lists I have seen. Would probably be looking at Thursday, Friday and Saturday rounds, having the Sunday off to go and watch his Bombers hopefully get flogged by Fyfe and Co. (Carlton man here :rolleyes: ).

If anyone has some hidden gems up their sleeves, or would recommend something over the two courses mentioned it would be much appreciated!

Cheers

#2 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18868 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

Definitely play The Cut as your first choice.

Also just slightly north of Perth (30 mins or so) .... is Joondalup.

Neither are hidden gems, but both should be played I reckon.

• AGQ and Jolls like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2016.

#3 AGQ

AGQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:15 PM

Hi all,

My Brother is currently based in Perth doing some fly in / fly out work at a mine in the middle of nowhere. I am heading over to visit on Wedneday 3rd May and back on Monday 8th May. I'll be taking my sticks over, he loves his golf but is a bit of a chopper and happy for me to pick the courses I want to play. He doesn't have a GolfLink number anymore so I'm tipping public access courses will be our go.

He used to live in Mandurah when he first moved to WA and suggested a bit of a golfing road trip down that way. So I was thinking Kennedy Bay and The Cut both get a run due to their rankings on the lists I have seen. Would probably be looking at Thursday, Friday and Saturday rounds, having the Sunday off to go and watch his Bombers hopefully get flogged by Fyfe and Co. (Carlton man here :rolleyes: ).

If anyone has some hidden gems up their sleeves, or would recommend something over the two courses mentioned it would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Think you are on the money with the courses to play down south. The Cut might get a bit demanding for a chopper, especially in strong winds, but is quite stunning, especially visually for those holes away from housing. Look at some hole maps for 10, 12 and 17 before going though, as these are some of the most demanding tee shots.

GPJ suggestion for Joondalup is a good one if you can make the trip north. Quirky, but certainly something you will remember. Just need to play the Quarry/Dune nines though.

• Madambo and Jolls like this

Fulfilling my dream to play Australia's Top 100

AGD 2016 - 95 played

AGD 2014 - 97 played

GA - 2016 - 85 played

GA - 2014 - 90 played

#4 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3351 posts
  • Location40m past you.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:37 PM

I really enjoyed Secret Harbour and it would fit your itinerary well it would seem. Have a great time. Go Blues.
  • Jolls likes this
Almost regarded by one member as the best non-golf playing golfer on this forum.

#5 Jolls

Jolls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationBallarat

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:01 AM

Thanks guys!

#6 pim

pim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:41 PM

Lakewood Shores, Binningup: Best 9 hole course in WA.

#7 OzPaul

OzPaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:01 AM

Lakewood Shores, Binningup: Best 9 hole course in WA.

+1

What a great course

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users