125 replies to this topic

#121 mugcanic

mugcanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3549 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:37 AM

Lol I'm asian. I have about 4 of these floating about already for the asian steam boats!

Well done....I have an amusing little story regarding these stoves.

Wife and I were coming down the Stuart Hwy a few years ago and decided to stop at one of the roadhouses for lunch, mainly because there was a fair bit of shade under some big trees.

Sat down at one of the outside tables with our sandwiches and as we did, a middle aged couple pulled up and got out with a few things and asked if they could share our (very large) table.

No probs, we said...so they proceeded to unpack a portable stove and a kettle with water.......making a cuppa.

The guy set the stove up and then....turned it on and lit the thing with a match.

I asked him why he was using matches and he said that's how he lights it.

The look on his face when I showed him how to do it with the knob was priceless.

Their kids had given them this stove 6 months ago and they thought using matches was the way.

• GhettoGolfer, Joe79 and hack2489 like this

#122 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8409 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted Yesterday, 11:40 AM

Well done....I have an amusing little story regarding these stoves.
Wife and I were coming down the Stuart Hwy a few years ago and decided to stop at one of the roadhouses for lunch, mainly because there was a fair bit of shade under some big trees.
Sat down at one of the outside tables with our sandwiches and as we did, a middle aged couple pulled up and got out with a few things and asked if they could share our (very large) table.
No probs, we said...so they proceeded to unpack a portable stove and a kettle with water.......making a cuppa.
The guy set the stove up and then....turned it on and lit the thing with a match.
I asked him why he was using matches and he said that's how he lights it.
The look on his face when I showed him how to do it with the knob was priceless.
Their kids had given them this stove 6 months ago and they thought using matches was the way.

That's funny.

Must admit that I've been guilty of finding out the "right way" to use certain things months/years after the fact.
  • Joe79 likes this
6th March 2016 - Beat the ISG Matchplay Champion!

Posted Image

#123 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9851 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted Yesterday, 12:01 PM

Everywhere we camp, have camped, the grass is already dead in the 'main' campsite area.

Noisy. HUH?

We tried the interlocking mats. No way we could get them down, to cover a whole 'annex' area in 5 mins. But, a tarp, rolled out and pegged down was no hassle, so our only method now.

Each to their own.

Noisy.
You know the "scrunch scruch" noise
  • Bumpy.M and hack2489 like this

#124 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

oh!! that lady swallowed a baby!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7830 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Posted Yesterday, 12:57 PM

Noisy.

Scrunch scruch ey 🙄

Edited by Mr Trump, Yesterday, 12:57 PM.

• RobNewy likes this

#125 hack2489

hack2489

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted Yesterday, 10:26 PM

Noisy.

Cheap thin tarps more so than the heavy duty ones... It's the camp site security system ;)
  • RobNewy likes this

#126 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11532 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted Yesterday, 11:35 PM

I think I stated this before. Many caravan parks & camp sites will not accept shade cloth or tarps as annex  flooring. This info came from more than one Grey Nomads forum. They are invaluable for up to date info.

Member of the Vision Test Pilot Project.
No VTPP11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users