#1036 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15130 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

Age and the rigours of life affect us all differently Hack. My brother also had to pull the pin on golf due to ongoing back issues and an arthritic hip. The hip in the end was the issue that stopped him playing altogether.
Feel free to join the peanut gallery with Max and let the rest of us know how to enjoy the game and LoL at the insanity of the usual threads.
  • hack2489 and Forrest Gardener like this

18.4 by the end of 2019  - 3.6 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Frank" founding member

#1037 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1516 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:20 PM

Age and the rigours of life affect us all differently Hack. My brother also had to pull the pin on golf due to ongoing back issues and an arthritic hip. The hip in the end was the issue that stopped him playing altogether.
Feel free to join the peanut gallery with Max and let the rest of us know how to enjoy the game and LoL at the insanity of the usual threads.

Cheers Mick.

Funny thing is, I currently have the shorties, twitchiest most radical surfboard I've EVER owned or ridden and am not only really enjoying it, but have also been feeling fitter and healthier than I have in a long time.

The twisting and torque of the golf swing is just too much for my lower back. Yet, seems ok for surfing.

I'm the 47yo grommet in the surf lately. But, after golf yesterday and how I feel today, I see, get, the golfing gods message loud n clear. Unfortunately.
  • iRON MiCK and Forrest Gardener like this

#1038 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42317 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:39 PM

Bugger back that sucks
  • hack2489 likes this

Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

2018 Nationals 4BBB Champion with Commish
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 2 round at Kooralbyn

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 3 round at Sanctuary Cove Pines
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#1039 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3052 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:07 PM

We have to learn to listen to our body sometimes and it happens that your body and golf don’t mix on a regular basis so I guess the occasional game is all that suits you. At least with surfing you know your physical and mental health are being taken care of in a positive way and that’s all that matters.
  • iRON MiCK and hack2489 like this

#1040 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1516 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted Today, 04:32 AM

Maybe? It's not over yet ... 😲

I emailed my golf coach, Chris, with my lower back golf and overall health linkage synopsis. We had a chat yesterday.

Turns out we have a TPI certified physiotherapy near the club. So, we're going to have a chat with her, do some assessments and maybe, just maybe, get some golf strength and conditioning into my body to not only help my back, but improve overall my golfing fitness etc.

The interlinking of surf muscles n fitness vs golf strength n flexibility has me a little concerned. But, who knows, it might be complementary.

Watch this space!
  • CaNadiAn MiCk and Forrest Gardener like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users