#1006 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:36 AM

Just logged on to say thanks to those who reached out to me. As some know, my wife had breast cancer treatment in 2014 and we received some troubling news again this year.

Timely reminder that events IRL impact how some people may cope with comments on here.

I'm no saint. Can give as I get. But, I do try to pick up the vibe if someone is sounding off. I've sent direct messages to a few over my time on here and appreciate those who reached out to me.

Just remember real life impacts how people cope with comments.

Enjoy your golf.

All the best hack as well. Hoping things get better!

• hack2489 likes this

OOM 4 2017 Moonah Open C Grade and Overall Winner - 39pts

OOM 1 2018 Growling Frog B Grade and Overall Winner - 40pts

Cap: 15.4 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Stiff | Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Works Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spare: Big Bertha Mini on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

#1007 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14949 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:30 AM

Just logged on to say thanks to those who reached out to me. As some know, my wife had breast cancer treatment in 2014 and we received some troubling news again this year.

Timely reminder that events IRL impact how some people may cope with comments on here.

I'm no saint. Can give as I get. But, I do try to pick up the vibe if someone is sounding off. I've sent direct messages to a few over my time on here and appreciate those who reached out to me.

Enjoy your golf.

Hi Hack  thanks for your message and text.  Im sorry to hear about what you are going through with your mrs. Best wishes with that and please stay positive on everything.

Re forum.  the written word can be interpreted many ways. From what Ive seen as well talking with people on here that may have posted. Most here enjoyed your contribution and are really just having friendly banter with another hack golfer on here!  ;)   we all have a love of the game and can learn from each other.

We all come here for different reasons and takeaway different things.  I hope yo come back when you can, adn there are people here that have/are going through similar things as to what you are at moment. Drop us a line anytime.

Im trying to get back to playing again so a Friday game is on the horizon!

• Joe79 and hack2489 like this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#1008 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14258 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:05 PM

Sorry to hear about your wife Hack and truly hope things turn for the better for both of you.  Yep real life experiences can teach a lot.  One of those lessons is, that making light of most things when you cannot be sure of the intent behind a written or verbal comment will in the majority be the right choice.  Look after your wife, that is your priority.  When things are right, come back and give us hell.  Golf is to each person what it is.  It may not be the same for everyone, but it is still golf.  Remember....Golf was invented by a sadist for masochist to enjoy.  There can be no other rational reason for playing the farkin game!!!

• CaNadiAn MiCk and hack2489 like this

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
2018 ISG National Champs Top 10 Finish & 4BBB Champion with Weetie.  

Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#1009 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14570 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:09 PM

Hey Hack the knuckleheads on here have no idea. Forgive their sins. As I do every time they give me the shiits. :D

18.4 by the end of. 2018  - 4.7 to go

2018 Gardiners Run Senior Matchplay Champion

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event Winner

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Frank" founding member

#1010 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1491 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:08 PM

Witnessed by one among us, I played in the back marker COMPETITION round today at the home track.

With a DSR of 76, my near Bradman OTS result has seen my GA drop 0.8

For those interested in details... It was 98 ots playing off a daily of 20 (GA 16). Scratch rating for the back markers is 74, slope 138.

Lively NE sea breeze for added fun today too.

Golf hey?
  • CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

#1011 hack2489

hack2489

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1491 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 29 September 2018 - 06:16 AM

And for those who know the course, the par 3 12th was playing at 190m yesterday...

That's also into the two club NE breeze we had for comfort.

Someone got a hole in one on it yesterday. Skuttle butt is a 4 hybrid was used by a scratch marker.

For other comparison of the course, conditions etc:

- A grade club champ playing off scratch shot 79 ots

- club pro shot 84 ots

98 ots for me sounds and feels horrendous, but when those two guys are a few shots above DSR, I guess my effort was reasonable in the conditions.

Still played way too many poor shots.

Golf hey?

Edited by hack2489, 29 September 2018 - 06:17 AM.

#1012 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42058 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:33 AM

Yep

Golf
  • hack2489 likes this

Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

2018 Nationals 4BBB Champion with Commish
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 2 round at Kooralbyn

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 3 round at Sanctuary Cove Pines
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#1013 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5404 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:55 AM

And for those who know the course, the par 3 12th was playing at 190m yesterday...

That's also into the two club NE breeze we had for comfort.

Someone got a hole in one on it yesterday. Skuttle butt is a 4 hybrid was used by a scratch marker.

For other comparison of the course, conditions etc:

- A grade club champ playing off scratch shot 79 ots

- club pro shot 84 ots

98 ots for me sounds and feels horrendous, but when those two guys are a few shots above DSR, I guess my effort was reasonable in the conditions.

Still played way too many poor shots.

Golf hey?

Thanks for the game Hack. Was a lot of fun. You hit some great shots and sunk some good putts. The course is a monster off the blues for someone like me. Loads of OOB and water, Long par 3’s, tight tee shots off the tips. I Should have played more conservatively.
http://www.golf.org....icap/4070201550
What can possibly go wrong?

#1014 hack2489

hack2489

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1491 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 29 September 2018 - 06:39 PM

Thanks for the game Hack. Was a lot of fun. You hit some great shots and sunk some good putts. The course is a monster off the blues for someone like me. Loads of OOB and water, Long par 3’s, tight tee shots off the tips. I Should have played more conservatively.

Was good fun, enjoyed your company.

Yes, it's long, but manageable even for us hackers. It's those pin placements that suck you in to trouble. We just have to learn to play smart!

The little nuances of speed, break and pin placement makes it confidence shattering if it hasn't broken you by the time you get to the green...

Maybe a few rounds off the white markers is in order to rebuild our confidence?

Edited by hack2489, 29 September 2018 - 06:43 PM.

#1015 hack2489

hack2489

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1491 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:10 AM

Looking at my stats from Friday, with 8/12 FIR, 6 of which were genuine GIR opportunity (2x tee shortish leaving long irons into greens that are low probability chances for me) I looked further into my round...

2nd shots cost me a lot. Even on the par 5.

Also, not hitting any of the par 3 didn't help.

I worked on driver to iron shot by shot at the range yesterday and found way too many miss hits with irons. Eventually got 7i - GW working, but 5i alluded me for ages. Eventually worked out it was grip and posture related.

After 3hrs and 2 1/2 large buckets, I must have been using good technique as I have no back pain this morning.

Edited by hack2489, 01 October 2018 - 07:11 AM.

#1016 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14949 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:51 AM

Looking at my stats from Friday, with 8/12 FIR, 6 of which were genuine GIR opportunity (2x tee shortish leaving long irons into greens that are low probability chances for me) I looked further into my round...

2nd shots cost me a lot. Even on the par 5.

Also, not hitting any of the par 3 didn't help.

I worked on driver to iron shot by shot at the range yesterday and found way too many miss hits with irons. Eventually got 7i - GW working, but 5i alluded me for ages. Eventually worked out it was grip and posture related.

After 3hrs and 2 1/2 large buckets, I must have been using good technique as I have no back pain this morning.

that is a good indicator for me as well if my back doesn’t seize up then must have been swinging ok!
  • hack2489 likes this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#1017 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10222 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:27 AM

Enjoy your golf.

Welcome back maaaate.

Hope it's smooth sailing for your wife and your fam brother.

The forum is a place for sharing whatever the hell you want or don't want. A lot of people here had no idea and just kept the banter at the usual level.

Keep hitting the range and I'll just keep telling you to take it to the course lol!!! Good to have you back. Difference is the spice of life.
  • hack2489 likes this
Because some idiots complain that my sig is too large:
th_Ghettobanner_zpsik8air89.jpg

Golflink: http://www.golf.org....icap/3013502329

#1018 Ink🐾

Ink🐾

Pawsome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35466 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:23 PM

Welcome back maaaate.

The forum is a place for sharing whatever the hell you want or don't want. A lot of people here had no idea and just kept the banter at the usual level.

Keep hitting the range and I'll just keep telling you to take it to the course lol!!! Good to have you back. Difference is the spice of life.

Go difference

#1019 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10222 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:35 PM

Go difference

... or indifference.
Because some idiots complain that my sig is too large:
th_Ghettobanner_zpsik8air89.jpg

Golflink: http://www.golf.org....icap/3013502329

#1020 hack2489

hack2489

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1491 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:41 AM

Welcome back maaaate.

Thanks Ghetto. My family are going ok all things considered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users