hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:44 PM

happy holidaying!!!

Despite being tired and grumpy, you logged on to tell us you were tired and grumpy!

ISG Is the in the blood well and truly now.

Whats on the agenda for the holiday?

Look.

First, let's do some housekeeping.

My sense of community requires me to respond, and contribute. So, when I blow my post cap for the year, I want it know it was YOUR fault.

Ok, now that's sorted, let me explain how it works in my family...

As the early riser, usually heading out to surf at dawn, or to do a spot of beach fishing, the unplanned alarm kick started my day. My family on the other hand saw it as an inconvenience.

So, rather than antagonise the situation with my effervescent morning personality, I headed out to find a coffee. It was while sipping this coffee overlooking a beautiful blue ocean that I thought it important to remind a few mates of the difference between their upcoming day in traffic, work, offices, city jungles etc. and so I shot off a few text messages, with photos of my view and surrounds, as you do.

I had some time and coffee left, so, had a read on here and posted my update. I thought you'd be happy it wasn't just another range report.

As for the holiday plans? Well, it's my caddies 13th birthday later this week, so we decided to give her a life experience.

We've planned a South Pacific Ocean adventure including, surfing, sailing, and diving. If all things go to plan we'll have a full day on Friday including her first reef surfing trip.

It's currently too hot ATM to do much, so we're resting up before the evening festivities begin.

More reports to follow as the adventure unfolds...

Edit - forgot to mention, reply text messages from mates were, unsurprisingly not for family discussion.

Edited by hack2489, 14 May 2018 - 12:47 PM.

• GhettoGolfer likes this

#842 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10181 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:19 PM

Yeah kinda glad that I am not on your text distribution list because,well humble brags whilst your on holidays usually raises my ire.

Still - its not the type off opportunity that you would want to forego in terms of rubbing our collective noses in the fact that:
a. you are on holidays
b. you are escaping the Oz winter somewhat (this is more of a southern thing because, quite frankly, a "light jumper", QLDer's version of winter simply isnt a bleak enough comparison.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday and please stop antagonising the rest of the family with dodgy alarm times.
  • Madam and hack2489 like this
Because some idiots complain that my sig is too large:
th_Ghettobanner_zpsik8air89.jpg

Golflink: http://www.golf.org....icap/3013502329

#843 hack2489

hack2489

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

Yeah kinda glad that I am not on your text distribution list because,well humble brags whilst your on holidays usually raises my ire.

Still - its not the type off opportunity that you would want to forego in terms of rubbing our collective noses in the fact that:
a. you are on holidays
b. you are escaping the Oz winter somewhat (this is more of a southern thing because, quite frankly, a "light jumper", QLDer's version of winter simply isnt a bleak enough comparison.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday and please stop antagonising the rest of the family with dodgy alarm times.

Yes.

It's horrible in winter having to dust off the 2mm 'steamer' while our southern surfing bretheron are stiff in their 5/4mm heat cell versions.

Happy hour has commenced. The seafood buffet is looking like it will need my attention in a little while.
  • GhettoGolfer and koiom K Frenzy like this

#844 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13073 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:49 PM

a. you are on holidays

I was bemoaning this fact to my MIL just yesterday, I have a nice jacket that I think is 3 years old that I haven't worn once. 

I personally look forward to the few weeks of winter so I can wear my vests and wool knit jumpers into work. 

"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#845 ink

ink

Pawsome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35172 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

Are we still tracking for 1000 posts in a year?

Edited by ink, 14 May 2018 - 02:16 PM.

#846 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10181 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:03 PM

I was bemoaning this fact to my MIL just yesterday, I have a nice jacket that I think is 3 years old that I haven't worn once.
I personally look forward to the few weeks of winter so I can wear my vests and wool knit jumpers into work.

Engage your inner hipster to go with the mo.
Because some idiots complain that my sig is too large:
th_Ghettobanner_zpsik8air89.jpg

Golflink: http://www.golf.org....icap/3013502329

#847 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13073 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

I wanna get inner a hispter 

as long as she is hot

"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#848 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5253 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:21 PM

Ah yes Hack. But while you are indulging in scenic views and seafood all you can eat I am practicing my putting. Well for 5 minut s of it.
The rest of the time I am working mainly.
Not sure where I was going with this now..... Bother.
  • Madam, Weetbix and hack2489 like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/4070201550
What can possibly go wrong?

#849 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13635 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

Hack, I don't really care what you are doing away from golf.

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event Winner

2017 VIC ISG OOM Overall Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Frank" founding member

#850 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23995 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:42 PM

Yes.
It's horrible in winter having to dust off the 2mm 'steamer' while our southern surfing bretheron are stiff in their 5/4mm heat cell versions.
Happy hour has commenced. The seafood buffet is looking like it will need my attention in a little while.

I just thought you'd appreciate that this evening it is currently 7° outside and rain is predicted for our golf tomorrow.
  • hack2489 likes this

#851 hack2489

hack2489

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:26 PM

TL;DR ... No golf played. No practice range visited. Not even touched a golf club.

In other news though, Huey, the surf God looks to be smiling down upon us with an awesome forecast for tomorrow, my caddie's 13th birthday.

Boat charter pick-up booked for 5.45am for a tour of the reef surf breaks and surfing before the crowds.

I had a simple goal of my gidget (caddy) having her first overseas surf trip and surf charter for her milestone birthday. Huey looks to be going to make that happen.

Totally STOKED.
  • GhettoGolfer, BumpunRun, Madam and 3 others like this

#852 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5253 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:14 PM

Have fun.

#853 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5253 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

You don’t use ap716 clubs do you? Appears I have an extra wedge after last Friday. I remember Mads passing it to me and it looked just like my Ap714’s
  • MaxxOn and hack2489 like this

#854 hack2489

hack2489

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:12 AM

I've tried to reply quoting Toph post, but it seems the interwebs from the South Pacific do not approve.

Yes, Toph, I do use AP1 716, I have PW and "W"... Which one has escaped?
  • MaxxOn likes this

#855 hack2489

hack2489

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:20 AM

Huey looked upon us favourable yesterday with a brilliant morning. Watching the sunrise over the islands as we ventured out to the outer surfing reefs was breathtaking.

Conditions were ideal for my wife and caddy, neither of which are comfortable on the open ocean. The nerves though increased as we approached the reefs with significant waves exploding down the long coral ledges. A tad too big for my caddie.

Our boat operator, Jonah, was brilliant, went out of his way to try several protected reefs so we could try to get a surfable wave for my daughter on her birthday. It seemed he was a vested as me. Top bloke.

In the end, despite trying, the water movement with king tide currents proved too much, but we got an awesome adventure for her on her 13th birthday.

Some amazing photos too to reflect upon in years to come.

Stoked!
  • OldBogey, Madam, Weetbix and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users