2 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin N

Kevin N

Suspect

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:11 PM

hi all,

I am thinking about have some lessons from Christian Small at The Lakes or Dennise Hutton at Bonnie Doon. please advise about the two. 

Moreover do you think it is worth to take Aimpoint express lesson?

#2 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23648 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:50 PM

aim point shmame point
Half the Trentham dream team

#3 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18311 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

Having done the Aimpoint thing, I would say that if you are new to golf and have absolutely no idea about break and how to judge it, then it might be good to get a basic understanding of what to look for, and how to gauge break.

If on the other hand you are not a newbie, then you should have a pretty good idea of slopes already.

Originally Aimpoint was all about charts and actual measurements and first gauging the green speed,(in order to do the calculations) but then it quickly moved on and developed to where you now see Adam Scott straddling the line of his putts and gauging the break by using his feet to judge the break and working out the target line with fingers.

You will still miss putts though no matter what method you use.

For me I found Aimpoint too time consuming (I started with the chart method when having practice rounds) and quickly gave it away. If you just play your home course all the time though, then you should have a good idea of how much it will break on certain areas of the green, in which case, it just comes down to speed then.

Just my thoughts, but hope it helps ...... :)

• Commish and Madambo like this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) .....  Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.

Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.

Le Hole in 1  (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner

2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS

2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team

2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic

2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic

2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)

2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)

2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2016.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users