#17 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

Mouldy has another lesson coming up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15702 posts
  • LocationEating and Drinking somewhere

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

Can you imagine how many dickheads will be staring at replays of the Masters footage this week trying to find minute infractions. A few of the rules forum regulars amongst them.

Might become an Olympic sport.
  • Snappy McSnapperton and Parmachine like this

Shanklink

OOM Tour

I am mid table mediocrity !

Baconwide Tour

Runner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at Yarrambat

NAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews Beach

Choppers Tour

Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine

Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport

"not sure that makes sense but anyway"

#18 Happy_Dude

Happy_Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

I don't have a problem with TV viewers calling in.  If the players knew the rules, and abided by them, and/or the officials could be everywhere, then I would have a problem with it.  Who knows what some might try to get away with if they think no-one's watching?

We'll never know if she knowingly moved the ball to that position, but she put it there and it wasn't where it was supposed to be placed.

How come she wasn't DQ'd for signing for a lower 3rd round score?  Is that a mercy rule for the pros and belated rulings?

I am not interested in your blog.

#19 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8748 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

You need to see the entire footage where she walks up to tap it in. She then decides to mark it and moves the ball.

I don't buy that it was an accident.

Yes, watched the entire footage where she half addresses the ball, marks, aligns the ball albeit strangely and then even stranger yet, places the ball adjacent to where it was originally, but still within acceptable distance from her marker. I would give her the benefit of the doubt around her intentions, as any advantage she would have gained by purposefully doing this would be marginal at best. Didn't seem like there were any visible divots or imperfections in her putting line either so who knows what was going on in here head. 

Regardless of her intentions, the rules were breached, and there is no argument about that, all else is pure conjecture. 

6th March 2016 - Beat the ISG Matchplay Champion!

Posted Image

#20 The Pres

The Pres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17858 posts
  • Location.

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

How come she wasn't DQ'd for signing for a lower 3rd round score?  Is that a mercy rule for the pros and belated rulings?

It has been that way for about two years.

#21 The Pres

The Pres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17858 posts
  • Location.

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:26 PM

Yes, watched the entire footage where she half addresses the ball, marks, aligns the ball albeit strangely and then even stranger yet, places the ball adjacent to where it was originally, but still within acceptable distance from her marker. I would give her the benefit of the doubt around her intentions, as any advantage she would have gained by purposefully doing this would be marginal at best. Didn't seem like there were any visible divots or imperfections in her putting line either so who knows what was going on in here head.

Regardless of her intentions, the rules were breached, and there is no argument about that, all else is pure conjecture.

If she walked up and marked it and walked away, I could see how it was an accident.

She marked it after she was going to putt out and she didn't even stand up after she marked it.

She marked it and moved the ball.

She got busted, simple.

Edited by ------, 04 April 2017 - 03:37 PM.

• Rodent likes this

#22 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1613 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

We better troll through all the TV footages of the last 5 years' majors.  May come up with something yippee ! 

• Madambo likes this

#23 TNT

TNT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

If she walked up and marked it and walked away, I could see how it was an accident.

She marked it after she was going to putt out and she didn't even stand up after she marked it.

She marked it and moved the ball.

She got busted, simple.

Correct. She cheated. End of story. 

She should be kicked off the Tour, or at the very least, given a thorough spanking. 

#24 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11581 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

Many other sports have had refereeing mistakes and incidents that were not noticed at the time. Golf is the only one that goes back in time to issue retrospective penalties. It's a joke and does nothing for the game.

I have seen plenty of games where a referee after learning of a mistake he made  manages to award an even up penalty to the other side

.This was a 72 hole competition and the competition is not over until it  is closed once all players scores have been submitted.

Edited by pom, 04 April 2017 - 05:00 PM.

Member of the Vision Test Pilot Project.
No VTPP11

#25 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35464 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

Correct. She cheated. End of story. 

She should be kicked off the Tour, or at the very least, given a thorough spanking.

It's ok guys...I've got this.
  • RobNewy, davenic and The Pres like this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#26 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22047 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:01 PM

It's ok guys...I've got this.

You wish !

So do I.

#27 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11581 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

We better troll through all the TV footages of the last 5 years' majors.  May come up with something yippee ! 

See post 24 above.

If she had  stood behind the ball when she marked she would not have made that same mistake. instead she stood to the side making it more difficult to line up the marker with the correct position of the ball.

Edited by pom, 04 April 2017 - 05:05 PM.

Member of the Vision Test Pilot Project.
No VTPP11

#28 YouGottaHitIt

YouGottaHitIt

8 for 2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

You need to see the entire footage where she walks up to tap it in. She then decides to mark it and moves the ball.

I don't buy that it was an accident.

Of course you don't, but in your defence, no one would expect any more from such a miserable *****.
  • Tolmij and Snappy McSnapperton like this

If you can read this you're too close!
http://www.golflink....k_No=3040204856

#29 YouGottaHitIt

YouGottaHitIt

8 for 2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

Four letter word replaced by five * - interesting...

If you can read this you're too close!
http://www.golflink....k_No=3040204856

#30 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Great Sage...Equal of Heaven...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9215 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:22 PM

inkosi

Whatever you do, you do to yourself