Ari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:36 PM

Two years ago she would have been DQd

What like Tiger was at the Masters!!! They were able to wave the DQ for him saying he had no way of knowing he had signed an incorrect score card so didnt DQ him. But now that its a 2 shot penalty they apply it. Happy with 2 shot for first penalty but the second one is a bit tough! Just my thoughts

• RobNewy, Goldy and Itchy4Scratch like this

2012, 2014 ISG OOM Winner

#17 MaxxOn

MaxxOn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18138 posts
  • Location.

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:24 PM

She cheated and got busted for it. Good result. I bet she never does it again.

100%
  • TNT likes this

#18 RulesDoc

RulesDoc

Rules Rule

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2490 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

Intentionel or not, she certainly has to change the method she uses when she replaces her ball. Looks very strange and I understand the Committee Decision.

There's no blame to put on the marker, a marker wouldn't be able to see this.

• KAVL likes this

#19 SteveH115

SteveH115

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:49 PM

I am guessing the TV viewer who picked this up was watching the whole tournament on slow mo just hoping for a bit of upskirt action.

• Snappy McSnapperton likes this

#20 ColinCL

ColinCL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:03 PM

I think the rules as they exist are perfect in every way.  I won't hear from anyone who has the temerity to think the rules and how they are enforced are unnecessarily complex and penal, or that they turn the general public off the game. 

People who don't like the rules just really don't have the sufficient social standing to comprehend each ruling and how to enforce them, and it's a stain on their character to think the rules should in any way be changed, regardless of how many tournaments get decided by some 400 pound Gomer watching on freeze frame hours later. 

I noticed some other thread entitled "Rules Modernisation", but I certainly won't be opening anything with such an outrageous title.  The USGA and certainly the R & A would never admit defeat and simplify the rules, so no news will be in there I'm sure. 

You should get a job with the Trump administration peddling alternative facts (i.e. bollocks).

Edited by ColinCL, 03 April 2017 - 11:09 PM.

• pom and Tolmij like this

#21 RulesGeek

RulesGeek

Average Member; Advanced Technique

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:24 AM

What like Tiger was at the Masters!!! They were able to wave the DQ for him saying he had no way of knowing he had signed an incorrect score card so didnt DQ him. But now that its a 2 shot penalty they apply it. Happy with 2 shot for first penalty but the second one is a bit tough! Just my thoughts

Are you:

a. unaware of the difference in the two situations (Tiger's / LT's)?

b. intentionally ignoring the difference in order to try to make a point?

c. ignorant of how the difference affects the outcome under the Rules?

Edited by RulesGeek, 04 April 2017 - 03:37 AM.

sigimage.png

#22 The good Egg

The good Egg

oh!! that lady swallowed a baby!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7951 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:22 AM

It should be up to the rules officials on the day to spot these things not some armchair bandat eating doritoes and drinking light ice at home .
  • Kiwi and RobNewy like this

#23 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10410 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:19 AM

I am guessing the TV viewer who picked this up was watching the whole tournament on slow mo just hoping for a bit of upskirt action.

You say that like its a bad thing
  • SteveH115 likes this

#24 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23706 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:38 AM

You say that like its a bad thing

Yep I miss the Anna kornakova days
Half the Trentham dream team

#25 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18910 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:41 AM

Well she obviously did the wrong thing and got penalised for it, so the correct outcome was reached.

Having said that, it is farcical for a couple a reasons I reckon.

Firstly that someone sitting at home watching TV can have an impact on the result. This should never be allowed to occur, and shows the sport to be ridiculously run and officiated.

Secondly, she was not informed until halfway though her next round. This was a bad as Dustin's ruling where he played the final holes not knowing his score.

There has to be some sort of "statute of limitations" surely in order to avoid this from ever happening again. With all the money at the highest level, they should have a rules official watching the broadcast for just such incidents, and prior to the cards being signed, the official should have their input, so that any infringement can be picked up at the time, and any penalty and score adjustment can take place in a timely manner.

To have been informed halfway through the next round is just ridiculous, and again shows that the sport is run by complete tools at the highest level.

I'm sure at the moment, Greg Norman is probably going back thru the 1987 Masters footage trying to see if Larry Mize cheated in order to get a different result.

• Monty85 likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2016.

#26 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Great Sage...Equal of Heaven...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9782 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:28 AM

Boo

Whatever you do, you do to yourself

http://dorsetgolfclub.com.au/

#27 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1251 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

Are you:

Exhibit A, your honour.
  • Weetbix likes this

If I can win an OOM anyone can. 

http://www.golflink....k_no=3012646041

#28 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35819 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:52 AM

Are you:

Exhibit A, your honour.

I'm with McSnapperton.

Did they catch Tiger's before he submitted the card? Because that could be the only difference I can see. Other than..he did it intentionally.

And how can you be pinged for submitting an incorrect card, when you were unaware at the time that it was incorrect?

I'm happy enough with the first two shot penalty re the replacement of the ball in the wrong spot. I think the second penalty, however, is ridiculous.

• Kiwi and Deege like this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#29 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11614 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:14 AM

Well she obviously did the wrong thing and got penalised for it, so the correct outcome was reached.

Having said that, it is farcical for a couple a reasons I reckon.

Firstly that someone sitting at home watching TV can have an impact on the result. This should never be allowed to occur, and shows the sport to be ridiculously run and officiated.

Secondly, she was not informed until halfway though her next round. This was a bad as Dustin's ruling where he played the final holes not knowing his score.

There has to be some sort of "statute of limitations" surely in order to avoid this from ever happening again. With all the money at the highest level, they should have a rules official watching the broadcast for just such incidents, and prior to the cards being signed, the official should have their input, so that any infringement can be picked up at the time, and any penalty and score adjustment can take place in a timely manner.

To have been informed halfway through the next round is just ridiculous, and again shows that the sport is run by complete tools at the highest level.

I'm sure at the moment, Greg Norman is probably going back thru the 1987 Masters footage trying to see if Larry Mize cheated in order to get a different result.

There is  a " statute of limitations" actually. It is called completion of the competition. The competition is played over 72 holes & then the results are confirmed & posted. Once the results of a competition are finalized they cannot be changed except in exceptional circumstances. The officials, once they were made aware of the rules breach had no choice but to penalize her. As for this issue of home viewers ringing in and reporting these incidents, I am in 2 minds. One, it seems totally unfair that only some players in the field are under this type of scrutiny purely because the TV is following that group. but 2, Do we really want someone to win a competition like this when it is obvious that she did not play within the rules ,be it due to carelessness or intent?

• languid and seve_ like this
Member of the Vision Test Pilot Project.
No VTPP11

#30 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11614 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

I'm with McSnapperton.

Did they catch Tiger's before he submitted the card? Because that could be the only difference I can see. Other than..he did it intentionally.

And how can you be pinged for submitting an incorrect card, when you were unaware at the time that it was incorrect?

I'm happy enough with the first two shot penalty re the replacement of the ball in the wrong spot. I think the second penalty, however, is ridiculous.

Tigers incorrect card , as I recall, was caused by a decision by a rules official that was later altered.This case is totally different.

• RulesDoc and languid like this
Member of the Vision Test Pilot Project.
No VTPP11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users