Has lost 4 shots and now in a tie for the lead

#2 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2680 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:27 AM

Why do the governing bodies allow notifications from the general public? Not only on the day, but especially after a round is complete.

Can you imagine this years AFL grand final winner being declared the loser next day, because during their 5 point win one of their goals was subsequently found (by a TV viewer) to have been incorrect because the ball was over the boundary line before he kicked it.

Ludicrous imho.

#3 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2680 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

And what exactly is the cut off? Can we all look back over the last 40 years of Majors and find infractions? Wonder if Tiger did actually win 14 and Jack 18?

• Madambo likes this

#4 seve_

seve_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1107 posts
  • LocationSandbelt Country

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

What about the responsibility of the marker to say something ???

• Madambo likes this

#5 Never Trendy

Never Trendy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

Tough luck i reckon. If you have seen the footage she marked the ball picked it up and replaced it straight away. It's not like she walked away and came back the the mark. She didn't even stand up.

Accident? Maybe. Moving an inch to avoid a spike mark? Maybe. At the end of the day it's a penalty.

What is don't like is it being reported 12 holes into her next round. That is ridiculous.
  • Goldy likes this

Burglar Extraordinaire

4 Time SEQ Winner

2015 Nats Runner Up

2015 Nats 4BBB Runner Up (With 3 Birdie Goldy)

Golflink -http://www.golflink....k_No=4072302545

GolfShot - http://golfshot.com/...0230/statistics

#6 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8405 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

What about the responsibility of the marker to say something ???

It is not the responsibility of the marker to be the rules police i believe.
  • pom and AhBen like this
6th March 2016 - Beat the ISG Matchplay Champion!

Posted Image

#7 Monty85

Monty85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1412 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

Tough luck i reckon. If you have seen the footage she marked the ball picked it up and replaced it straight away. It's not like she walked away and came back the the mark. She didn't even stand up.

Accident? Maybe. Moving an inch to avoid a spike mark? Maybe. At the end of the day it's a penalty.

What is don't like is it being reported 12 holes into her next round. That is ridiculous.

Yeah I was annoyed when I heard about this at first, but after watching the footage it’s a pretty shocking fail by her.

If she walked away first there would be no way to tell that the ball wasn’t replaced in the same spot, but she picks it up and moves it over in the space of 2 seconds.

However, while she is in the wrong here, I still don’t agree with viewers calling in about this stuff. Sure name and shame her for doing it but we shouldn’t be adding penalties post the completion of a round.

Hopefully the proposed rule changes will put an end to this sort of thing.

| GolfLink 

#8 TNT

TNT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

She cheated and got busted for it. Good result. I bet she never does it again. 

#9 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

Mouldy has another lesson coming up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15338 posts
  • LocationEating and Drinking somewhere

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:13 PM

She cheated and got busted for it. Good result. I bet she never does it again.

Very harsh, it wasn't a foot wedge. It was a lot less than an inch and an innocent careless mistake. If she had been directly behind the ball it wouldn't have happened. She was at a funny angle to the line. The marker went down not in line. Then when the ball was replaced she put it in the line of marker to the hole.

Shanklink

OOM Tour

I am mid table mediocrity !

Baconwide Tour

Runner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at Yarrambat

NAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews Beach

Choppers Tour

Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine

Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport

"not sure that makes sense but anyway"

#10 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3015 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:24 PM

Very harsh, it wasn't a foot wedge. It was a lot less than an inch and an innocent careless mistake. If she had been directly behind the ball it wouldn't have happened. She was at a funny angle to the line. The marker went down not in line. Then when the ball was replaced she put it in the line of marker to the hole.

Reckon it was more than an inch Rob.

There is absolutely no reason for doing it other than trying to improve the line of the putt, if it's not cheating its a hell of a lot of bending the rules.

Not sure Im comfortable with the signing for incorrect scorecard penalty though.

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

#11 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3665 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

Reckon it was more than an inch Rob.

There is absolutely no reason for doing it other than trying to improve the line of the putt, if it's not cheating its a hell of a lot of bending the rules.

Not sure Im comfortable with the signing for incorrect scorecard penalty though.

Don't you think that the fact that there is no reason to do it is suggestive enough that she didn't realise she did it?  The footage that I saw didn't show her face and where she was looking, but given that she marked it in order to reorient the ball, it seems plausible to me that she was looking at the ball, and then replaced it behind where she normally marks it.

Cheating to me suggests that she did it deliberately, and it seems far fetched to me.  She was leading or close to the lead in a major and on the putting green - if it was deliberately to gain an advantage it was incredibly brazen as she must have known it would have been closely broadcast.  It's not a ball "oscillating" in the tree line.  Lexi doesn't have any form for anything like a rules violation as far as I know, so I am inclined to think it was just inadvertant.

Hell of a gutsy play to get into the playoff anyway.

• RobNewy likes this

Golflink

Winner C Grade Long Drive 2013 OOM #2 Heidelberg

Winner B Grade Long Drive 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Winner B Grade NTP 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#12 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3015 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:46 PM

Don't you think that the fact that there is no reason to do it is suggestive enough that she didn't realise she did it?  The footage that I saw didn't show her face and where she was looking, but given that she marked it in order to reorient the ball, it seems plausible to me that she was looking at the ball, and then replaced it behind where she normally marks it.

Cheating to me suggests that she did it deliberately, and it seems far fetched to me.  She was leading or close to the lead in a major and on the putting green - if it was deliberately to gain an advantage it was incredibly brazen as she must have known it would have been closely broadcast.  It's not a ball "oscillating" in the tree line.  Lexi doesn't have any form for anything like a rules violation as far as I know, so I am inclined to think it was just inadvertant.

Hell of a gutsy play to get into the playoff anyway.

Who accidentally moves their ball laterally across from the hole and their marker?

We are also talking a two foot putt here, if it was a 30 footer one to two inches isn't really going to matter but if she's seen an imperfection on the green on her putting line the 1-2 inches on a two foot putt is huge.

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

#13 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3665 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

Who accidentally moves their ball laterally across from the hole and their marker?

We are also talking a two foot putt here, if it was a 30 footer one to two inches isn't really going to matter but if she's seen an imperfection on the green on her putting line the 1-2 inches on a two foot putt is huge.

I agree that if it was intentional there is potentially an advantage, but I am not convinced it was intentional.  If I was in that situation and trying to cheat, I would pick the ball up and clean it and then put it back down, so that you wouldn't have had a single camera shot like that.  If it was intentional then she is the clumsiest and dumbest cheater ever.   To me it seems more likely that it was accidental.

Golflink

Winner C Grade Long Drive 2013 OOM #2 Heidelberg

Winner B Grade Long Drive 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Winner B Grade NTP 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#14 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1065 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

I think the rules as they exist are perfect in every way.  I won't hear from anyone who has the temerity to think the rules and how they are enforced are unnecessarily complex and penal, or that they turn the general public off the game. 

People who don't like the rules just really don't have the sufficient social standing to comprehend each ruling and how to enforce them, and it's a stain on their character to think the rules should in any way be changed, regardless of how many tournaments get decided by some 400 pound Gomer watching on freeze frame hours later. 

I noticed some other thread entitled "Rules Modernisation", but I certainly won't be opening anything with such an outrageous title.  The USGA and certainly the R & A would never admit defeat and simplify the rules, so no news will be in there I'm sure. 

• *Mouldy, Commish, Weetbix and 6 others like this

If I can win an OOM anyone can. 

http://www.golflink....k_no=3012646041

#15 AAA

AAA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2896 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:23 PM

Two years ago she would have been DQd

• RulesDoc, pom and languid like this