#16 The good Egg

The good Egg

oh!! that lady swallowed a baby!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7917 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:23 AM

I've not played in Rome. Is it worth $350?

...do as the romans do Goldy

#17 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35444 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

...do as the romans do Goldy

Never heard of it.

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#18 The good Egg

The good Egg

oh!! that lady swallowed a baby!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7917 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:27 AM

Never heard of it.

Yeah, we've worked that out 😂

#19 Never Trendy

Never Trendy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

Hello all. Posted on the GolfWRX forum (US based) about a work trip i'm embarking on.

Plans have me in Melbourne with an off day Sunday 4/23. Looking to play. I sent a letter to Victoria, Metropolitan, Kingston Heath and RMGC.

Only 1 of the 4 has a time available for me on Sunday 4/23 for ~$350 AUS. Just wondering if I should jump at the chance, or look elsewhere or someone has an inside track they'd be willing to share- maybe even as an accompanied guest.

I'll also be in Melbourne on Anzac day, another club has indicated I could play there that day.

Also- I'll be in Brisbane- thinking about going down to Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise the following weekend. 1 day off 4/29. Thinking about surfing lesson in the morning (I've never tried) and golf in the PM. Any recommendations?

If anyone has any insight, a hook up at a club, or is generous enough to allow me to accompany you at your club (I'll pay my own way and pints on me!) that would be tremendous.

I'm a younger guy, and a 5.7 index out of our club in the Chicago USA suburbs. Its not a top course, but it gets me out and we have a solid group I play with on the weekends. I'll shoot 78-85 just about anywhere unless it goes really off the rails!

Thanks for the advice in advance. Feel free to send a PM or post.

Cheers!

I am a member at Palm Meadows on the Gold Coast. It's a Saturday so i will have to ask about visitors but it shouldn't be a problem. I'll get back to you.
  • GhettoGolfer and Madambo like this

Burglar Extraordinaire

4 Time SEQ Winner

2015 Nats Runner Up

2015 Nats 4BBB Runner Up (With 3 Birdie Goldy)

Golflink -http://www.golflink....k_No=4072302545

GolfShot - http://golfshot.com/...0230/statistics

#20 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11462 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

Nah, ill be expensive

Thats how you can pay for Metro!

#21 Northshoregolfinsider

Northshoregolfinsider

Suspect

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

Mate - just hightail it down to the Mornington Peninsula as everything you need is down there, and at a far more reasonable price. St Andrews, The Dunes and Moonah Legends all worth a hit. And you can jump on ferry across to 13th Beach in Geelong.

As for Melbourne Sandbelt, if you want to drop some $$$ on one course, I would choose Kingston Heath. The course is superb, a LOT of fun, and the customer service provided there is first class. The times I've visited, I've been made to feel very welcome and you don't get any arrogance or elitism. It's arguably the best run club in Australia. And if you can get an afternoon round, it is a superb experience!

Enjoy!
  • Madambo likes this

#22 goduke7

goduke7

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

Flight just changed- I'll be getting in wicked early (6:30AM on the saturday 4/22), so i may head down and play one of those 3 courses. Which one do you enjoy the most?

#23 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3813 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:04 PM

St Andrews Beach no question if you are playing once course on the peninsula.

• Madambo, RobNewy and Deege like this

Golflink

Winner C Grade Long Drive 2013 OOM #2 Heidelberg

Winner B Grade Long Drive 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Winner B Grade NTP 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users