Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36035 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

I pick Carlton.
  • Placegetter likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#557 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3374 posts
  • Location40m past you.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:05 PM

I didn't actually watch the game yesterday. Just had it on in the background whilst cooking up a storm. It seemed like the lacklustre spectacle it promised to be. All year everyone was saying what an even competition it was.

I think that was code for no team was playing very well or consistently.

I couldn't get to the G early in the season but from mid May onwards I couldn't get excited about any of the clashes. In normal years, as a member of the MCC, I see lots of games. More of the good non-Carlton games than the Blues. This year I didn't end up attending a single game even they cost zero (annual subs of course) including the Grand Final. The fact I arranged a dinner party on Grand Final night speaks volumes.

The style of football played wasn't terribly entertaining and I can only hope things change next year. In fact I think the only entertaining game this year was when the Tigers smashed Geelong.

The MRP is a total farce. Teams having to watch the Friday night game to see what is the rule of the week is another joke. Brisbane and the Suns are basket cases and need to be excised. Pick any other 4 teams and get to 12. Then the corrupted draw could be removed.

About the only correct thing about football this year was Dusty winning the Brownlow.

Meanwhile I don't remember missing a single Storm game on Fox. Plus many other games, all the finals and Origin of course. For entertainment the NRL has made big inroads this year. Many more people in Melbourne are taking interest in the NRL and not because of the Storm.

Ratings and attendances at the AFL give a different view to mine but another crap year like this one and the tide will turn.

I started reading this post with general disinterest and it manifested into outright boredom by the time I reached the end.

I can’t wait for the 2018 AFL season to start. Love our game and all the nuances. Go blues.
Almost regarded by one member as the best non-golf playing golfer on this forum.

#558 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11806 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

Good news, I just got off the to GMac, I said Gil, brother, have you seen Moulds' post in te footy thread. He told me he was all over it and has drafted up the resolution to take to the AGM to propose everything that was said.
He made special mention that someone who doesn't even watch the games can still pose such astute observations is wasted without being in charge.
Stay close to your phone Moulds, sounds like there's some good news heading your way.
  • Placegetter and koiom K Frenzy like this
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#559 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3374 posts
  • Location40m past you.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

That explains why he put me on hold....
  • BumpunRun likes this
Almost regarded by one member as the best non-golf playing golfer on this forum.

#560 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2857 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:56 PM

I'm from a RL state, but the NRL switched me off completely this year. Yawn fest.

And Mouldy, if you were bored by the one-sided finals in the AFL, how'd you fare with Melbournes 28-0 drubbing of the Broncs and 34-6 walk in the park against NQ Cowboys? That final was over before H/T. The AFL final was in the balance till 3/4 (well, being Richmond it was in the balance until 5 mins from time).

As for the regular season, just about every AFL game was a ripper, every weekend threw up some upsets and the top 4 and top 8 went down to the wire. Brilliant season.

• koiom K Frenzy likes this

#561 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Great Sage...Equal of Heaven...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10102 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

You mistake Mouldys summary of AFL 2017 as anything more than the bitter and disgruntled rambling of a Carlton supporter dear Baz.
Also note the way he name dropped his MCC membership as a matter of fact occurrence. Saying he watched the Storm games on Foxtel instead of attending AAMI to see them live capped the perfect trifecta. Good win.
  • Francie, tigertuff, koiom K Frenzy and 1 other like this

Whatever you do, you do to yourself

http://dorsetgolfclub.com.au/

#562 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18968 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

Good to see Jeff Kennett is back as Hawthorn's president.

Tis a very good move I reckon, and one that will ensure issues both at Hawthorn and the AFL are addressed and not swept under the carpet.

Can't wait to hear the first salvo he fires over the AFL's bow. :)

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2016.

#563 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Great Sage...Equal of Heaven...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10102 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

Hawks are in strife. Clarko might end up on Gold Coast with Hodgey.

Whatever you do, you do to yourself

http://dorsetgolfclub.com.au/

#564 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33381 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:35 AM

Good to see Jeff Kennett is back as Hawthorn's president.

Tis a very good move I reckon, and one that will ensure issues both at Hawthorn and the AFL are addressed and not swept under the carpet.

Can't wait to hear the first salvo he fires over the AFL's bow. :)

I heard him being interviewed yesterday on SEN.    Looks like it might be the Hawthorn involvement in Tasmania.

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#565 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3374 posts
  • Location40m past you.

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

I’m not usually in to this kind of “news” but I was stunned to see that Jake Lever has been told not to attend the adelaide crows b&f night. How, pray tell, is his moving to another club different to Patrick Dangerfield not only attending the same evening last year but winning the award on offer. He too chose to put off contract talks until true end of year and had the same speculation follow him for 22 rounds. What a bunch of hypocrites. So much for the “family” club or whatever it is they think they are.

#566 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I am a recovering shankaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16215 posts
  • Location45 deg right of my last shot

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

It depends on how high your profile is and how good a deal the club gets.

America has free agency, soccer has contracts to be broken and the AFL thinks this is the way to go.

Call me sentimental but I liked the days of watching Ratts and Kouta coming up through the U-19s. Just need Carlton to have Sandy Dragons as their exclusive source.

Shanklink

OOM Tour

I am mid table mediocrity !

Baconwide Tour

Runner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at Yarrambat

NAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews Beach

Team Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship Flinders

Runner up 2017 Southern Invitational

Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour

Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine

Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport

#567 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3089 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:03 PM

I’m not usually in to this kind of “news” but I was stunned to see that Jake Lever has been told not to attend the adelaide crows b&f night. How, pray tell, is his moving to another club different to Patrick Dangerfield not only attending the same evening last year but winning the award on offer. He too chose to put off contract talks until true end of year and had the same speculation follow him for 22 rounds. What a bunch of hypocrites. So much for the “family” club or whatever it is they think they are.

I'll help you out - 

Dangerfield played 8 seasons and was a free agent that had served the club extremely well when he left.

Lever played 3 seasons after the Crows took a big gamble on him given he missed an entire season with a knee injury prior to being drafted. 

Big difference imo

Lever wants to be near his mummy, I say no to that, more like his manager has done very well if the contract is to be believed, another mercenary after the $, who can blame him.

I'll help you out again, the Hawks are the "family club."

• Placegetter likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users