62 replies to this topic

#61 kevin123

kevin123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:15 PM

What about they play an exhibition like the good old days. You could have a feature match at div 1 or 2 each week and div 1 women's. Then you could promote the match.
  • voss and Parmachine like this

#62 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6594 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

this is the arguement really isn't it

pros playing in amateur events

a strugling club in whatever division is not going to be no match against a pro

and pro versus pro  defeats the purpose of the vga

• kevin123 likes this
I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#63 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8255 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

Seems were still asking the same questions that were asked when pro's were first announced - will GV check if players are actually eligible to play for a club, were they members before Jan 1, are they full fee paying members etc - and to my knowledge they havnt - as they told us they wouldn't at that same meeting - as it is the responsibility of each club to ensure they comply.

Also, no club has withdrawn from pennant because of this (mine pulled out this year for other reasons) and it seems more clubs are willing to play pro's / trainee's, only the media coverage GV hoped for, and big name players to front up has not eventuated.

Liberton you are right in what you say, two things emerge here as problem.

1 No controls in place by GV to ensure players are eligible is part of problem it seems.

A club could play anyone they liked, how would other teams know ?. Our country association is red hot on making sure pennant players are actually paid up members of clubs.

Also in our association rules a player has to have played 3 games to be eligible to play in final.

2. No clubs have yet pulled out- Isnt that is what needs to happen.

decisions need to be made by clubs at board level to boycott the pennant if GV doesnt reverse the decisions.

Here club presidents need to band together and show support.

other way to send message is for a team to not play a match (W/O against pro) (tough decision but would send message)

• Parmachine likes this

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2016 3 x winner on SGA tour. 

2015 SGA tour Match play champion

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October 

2012 winner of  BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users