#106 ColinCL

ColinCL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

I know right, the amount of times I have been forced to play off a lie where there's a bit of timber or hunk of plastic stuck under my ball really grinds my gears.

Instead of grinding your gears,  why not take the free relief available to you the next time your ball is on a bit of plastic?  Lift your ball, remove the plastic, drop your ball and play it.  And if the bit of wood isn't natural  in the sense that it's been made into something, do the same.  And if you can't remove either then take relief from the nearest point of relief.   There are rules around to help you!

• Monty85 likes this

#107 languid

languid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1645 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

On the any height drop...people will find the free relief drop in a smaller area and required to play the ball in the small drop area will work better if drop height small. Sorry messy sentence.
Low height drop in bunker much fairer.

#108 ColinCL

ColinCL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

Instead of grinding your gears,  why not take the free relief available to you the next time your ball is on a bit of plastic?  Lift your ball, remove the plastic, drop your ball and play it.  And if the bit of wood isn't natural  in the sense that it's been made into something, do the same.  And if you can't remove either then take relief from the nearest point of relief.   There are rules around to help you!

I  teed my ball up on a plastic tee on the 2nd this morning.  Sometimes I tee my ball up on a wooden tee. As I straightened up I thought, "Colin, I think you've been suckered."    

I do have a fairly sharp sense of humour and both use and recognise irony frequently, but I fear I've been remarkably dense this time round.   :blush:

Edited by ColinCL, 08 March 2017 - 11:02 PM.

• Bumpy.M, pom, Madambo and 4 others like this

#109 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37578 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:24 AM

Lol - you got there eventually Colin

I didn't get the reference either

Pisser Bump
  • Monty85 likes this
HandicapBest result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th WoodlandsGoal: A round at par or better!Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club ChampionBrisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the YearWinner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope IslandWinner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at WoodlandsSouth East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer<p>http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#110 languid

languid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1645 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

I can't remember the last time i was in a divot in the fairway, it doesn't happen that often so what's the big deal?
To be fair i blast it past where tge choppers finish :)

I have another advantage. I don't hit as far as the choppers. But I might get to his lordship's massive divot with my second (third).
  • OldBogey and lord of the river like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users