#16 Theguru

Theguru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:24 AM

Plenty of choice Bets.
Precision Golf, Pure Form, Cool Clubs, the Golf Doctor to name a few.
All seem pretty good.
Got my last set from Pure Form, will probably try both Precision and Cool Clubs next.
Cool Clubs at Narrabeen have the advantage of a Trackman set up in an outdoor range so you can actually see the ball flight.
Precision, however, seem to have a larger range.
Just got to be careful about getting talked into expensive shafts when a much cheaper shaft will give nearly the same performance.

#17 bets_au

bets_au

Suspect

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:25 AM

Thanks mate,

Will do some more research on the one's you mentioned.

I would prefer one that was actually hitting balls at the range rather than a VR machine. You swing different i rekon.

Had a hit of a few today z765, apex pro, jpx900, all didn't feel as nice as my existing irons. The z765's were close.Wanted to hit the z965's but none in stock.

#18 Theguru

Theguru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:21 AM

What I think you'll find Bets is they keep trying various combos of irons and shafts until they find something that clearly outperforms your current set....from then on you just hope that the dollars signs aren't too bad because it's very hard to resist.
Vice versa, you might find that nothing they try can clearly improve on your set and you don't really need to upgrade a thing....probably unlikely though.
One good thing that Pure Form did was get me back in there a month or so after I got my clubs and check my distances with the irons and wedges.
They then slight tweaked the lofts on a couple of the wedges so that I had even 10m spacing between my 9i through to my 60 lob wedge

#19 bets_au

bets_au

Suspect

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:41 AM

Sounds like a fun experience actually.

What are the prices like of the irons compared to say golfbox, drummond etc?

I'm assuming it's all RRP.

There sites aren't very helpful in that regard.

#20 Theguru

Theguru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:10 AM

Much more expensive than a golf shop Bets because you're also paying for their time. All 14 clubs plus going back in there at the end took about 8 hours.
One good thing they did with my irons was that 2 shafts were virtually equal. However one was $90 per shaft, the other $45. They were honest about this and recommended I buy the $45 shaft even though the performance of the other shaft was perhaps fractionally better.
What the experience did teach me was how much money I had wasted buying improperly fitted clubs at golf shops.
I had a good experience at Pure Form but neither Cool Clubs or Precision were open at the time. They are much closer to home for me so I'll probably try one of them next
  • Madambo and the piranha like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users