#16 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3669 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

What irons and driver/shaft combo do you play now Dan?

My driver is a Ping K15 with a ladies flex shaft.

My irons are G20s with a senior flex - I carry 5 through 9 iron.

Golflink

Winner C Grade Long Drive 2013 OOM #2 Heidelberg

Winner B Grade Long Drive 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Winner B Grade NTP 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#17 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3669 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

Cobra do a few ladies sets.
Or unisex combos as well

Ugh, ladies sets.  They would probably be pink and everything.  I don't actually test well on most of the "ladies" clubs that I have tried - my guess is that they are aimed more at my higher handicapped playing companions.

Golflink

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#18 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18351 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

My driver is a Ping K15 with a ladies flex shaft.

My irons are G20s with a senior flex - I carry 5 through 9 iron.

When I was thinking of a new driver a couple o years ago, I tried a K15 with a stiff shaft, hitting balls down the Par 5 10th at Beacy.

I'm still waiting for them to land, they flew that high. :)

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) .....  Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.

Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.

Le Hole in 1  (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner

2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS

2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team

2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic

2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic

2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)

2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)

2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2016.

#19 Rupert The Bear

Rupert The Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:42 PM

Deege, a bit of a surprise if you have seniors-lite flex in your irons & ladies in your driver.

Cindy has ladies in her irons but seniors-lite flex in hybrids, fairway & driver.

You may need a trip to see Jon and see if you can get a couple of test mule clubs to try out.

#20 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3669 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

When I was thinking of a new driver a couple o years ago, I tried a K15 with a stiff shaft, hitting balls down the Par 5 10th at Beacy.

I'm still waiting for them to land, they flew that high. :)

Inorite?  It was the odd one out club when I got fitted a couple of years ago - hence the mis-match to the rest of my kit.  I ended up getting a 10.5 degree to try and keep it down, whereas with my swingspeed I should be gaming at least 12 degrees I would have thought.

Golflink

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#21 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3669 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:53 AM

Deege, a bit of a surprise if you have seniors-lite flex in your irons & ladies in your driver.

Cindy has ladies in her irons but seniors-lite flex in hybrids, fairway & driver.

You may need a trip to see Jon and see if you can get a couple of test mule clubs to try out.

That's what supercoach observed - I hadn't noticed it myself.

Yes, I will need to have a look at driver particularly the shaft if what I understand is right.

Golflink

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#22 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2039 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

Ladies sets for ladies, what a great marketing tool from the OEM's ( maybe for beginners )

Dan, I could see you in a set of combo Srixons ( 565 - 4 to 6 and 765 - 7 to 9/pw )

I'd add in the 4 iron for the winter and windy months from June thru to November for the lower ball flight. After we played in the Nats I had the feeling that you would greatly benefit from lightweight steel in the right flex ! 

Talk to coach and your fitter to get the best setup.

I'd suggest that you can upgrade the shaft in the chief for $100/200 and get the best results for you but once again, ask coach and your fitter.

Jontheunsolicited... 

• Francie likes this

#23 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3669 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

Ladies sets for ladies, what a great marketing tool from the OEM's ( maybe for beginners )

Dan, I could see you in a set of combo Srixons ( 565 - 4 to 6 and 765 - 7 to 9/pw )

I'd add in the 4 iron for the winter and windy months from June thru to November for the lower ball flight. After we played in the Nats I had the feeling that you would greatly benefit from lightweight steel in the right flex ! 

I'd suggest that you can upgrade the shaft in the chief for $100/200 and get the best results for you but once again, ask coach and your fitter.

Jontheunsolicited... 

Interesting.  Will take this all into account with my guy.  I am sure he can give me some suggestions.

Golflink

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#24 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3669 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

Jontheunsolicited... 

Interestingly enough when I first was "fitted" with clubs (where they basically just measured how tall you were), it was before hybrids and all of that, and I had a four iron, which I found very useful.  In my current clubs, they don't make any irons below a 5 iron, so I had to fill the gap with hybrids (which I can't hit to save myself) and now have filled the gap with some fairway woods (which I think are fantastic).

It would be a good bit of flexibility to get a four iron to swap in and out - the fairways (down to a 9 wood) certainly have a high ball flight, which as you say might not be the best option depending on conditions.

Golflink

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#25 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2039 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

Depending on the results from lightweight steel in your new irons, for instance, it would be interesting to then put the same shafts into your hybrid/hybrids to get a different ball flight that suits your game. Hybrids are just a funky headed iron ! 

Given that you need a hybid to fill any gap in carry distances. I'd look to refine your set makeup so that it was as simple as possible, with acouple of options for different seasons eg: "4 iron".

But can I suggest that you should consult with coach and fitter first.

Jon...

#26 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:32 PM

So you recommend that she talks to her coach and fitter then Jon?
HandicapBest result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th WoodlandsGoal: A round at par or better!Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club ChampionBrisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the YearWinner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope IslandWinner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at WoodlandsSouth East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer<p>http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#27 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2039 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:09 PM

Yes, Weetman, it seems to be the theme that keeps on giving, if I'm being observant :)

Not that I can recommend anyone, it goes against the grain and probably some forum rules ? 

Jonthesolicitored...  

• Weetbix, Francie, Joe79 and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users