#31 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22855 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:41 PM

Isn't it as simple as anyone who has previously done time automatically doesn't get bail unless the lack of evidence is compelling.

I'm quite happy to pay more taxes for another remand centre.

I agree completely, Rob, and I'm also happy for you to pay more taxes for another remand centre.

#32 The Gap Wedge Draw

The Gap Wedge Draw

I am a recovering shankaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16528 posts
  • LocationIn the left rough on 7th 105m from pin

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

Rob, in your view, what is the purpose of the death penalty?

Risk management
If they're dead they can never hurt anyone again. Currently state governments are having to pass special laws to keep mass murderers in jail. What if Jon Faine and the latte lovers or the Christian lobby get into power. They are likely to say " he's done 30 years, time for some forgiveness".

Same with the bail and parole conditions. Week after week we have people on bail or parole committing violent crimes. If someone has already been a recidivist they shouldn't be let out until acquittal or their full sentence has been served.
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#33 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3065 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

What will happen to him? My bet is a "Do good lawyer" will take his case on and he will get 10 years in jail with parole and we will never hear of him again but he will be in and out of jail many times with a do good lawyer getting him off charges.

Absolutely zero chance of that happening, he's up for 5 murder charges, best case scenario for him is he spends the rest of his life in a psychiatric facility

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

#34 manu99

manu99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2318 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

Not getting into the argument here.

When the death penalty was abolished the government said and the legal fraternity agreed "life in prison will mean life".

This was to replace death, but now life can mean whatever a judge or parole board sees fit.

#35 TNT

TNT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:28 AM

Absolutely zero chance of that happening, he's up for 5 murder charges, best case scenario for him is he spends the rest of his life in a psychiatric facility

A bullet in his skull would be a more appropriate and cost effective solution. 

#36 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

Holing It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30459 posts
  • LocationChopperville

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:21 PM

....and who is paying for the surgery he had for the bullet to the shoulder?

The wound shooda been left to fester so he can die a slow death from gangrene! 

• Francie likes this

A

DON'T LET THE BLACK DOG WIN...

HELP IS OUT THERE

5 Time ISG NSW WBT Winner

2013 ISG NSW WBT COC Runner Up

2015 ISG NSW WBT COC

2nd ISG NSW Life Member Inductee...Got Had a Jacket to Prove It

2012 ISG National Championships...Inaugural Supreme Putting Champion

2013 ISG National Championships...3rd Place 2nd Round - Moonah Links

2013 ISG National Championships...13th place...now that's desperately unlucky

2014 ISG National Championships...13th place...no other golfer could be that desperately unlucky 2 years in a row!

2015 ISG National Championships...21st place...that's farked

2016 ISG National Championships...waaaaay down the list.

2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Yarra Yarra Satellite Game 

2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Huntingdale Satellite Game

2016 ISG National Championships...Captain of winning NSW Team, SOO

2017 ISG National Championships...12th place...heading in the right direction

2017 ISG National Championships...Winner The Lakes Satellite Game 43pts

2013 Brass Yacht Winner (Inaugural)

2014 Brass Yacht Winner

2015 Brass Yacht Runner-up

2016 Brass Yacht Winner

2017 Brass Yacht Winner

HOLE IN ONE

2017 ISG NATIONALS ROUND 2 RIVERSIDE OAKS 17TH HOLE BUNGOOL COURSE FIRST SHOT OF THE DAY (SHOTGUN START)

Life Motto: "If it's free, it's for me!"

Team Live4BarnEsy...forever undefeated angel-2-smiley-emoticon.gif

Desperately Unlucky ©

#37 simonsez

simonsez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3154 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

A bullet in his skull would be a more appropriate and cost effective solution. 

The police had the perfect opportunity and somehow managed  to only wound him. It would also have been an excellent deterrent to any who may seek

to emulate his actions.

#38 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4879 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

I can see why the coppers didn't really want to be letting off shots in the middle of the city.

Would be a very hard thing to explain away shooting a bystander, especially if the perp hadn't run anyone over at that point.

Accurately shooting a moving target with a handgun wouldn't be all that easy either. 

• Commish, Francie and Rusty_Chopper_1984 like this

#39 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

If you support the death penalty then you support innocent people being killed by the state.  There has never been a foolproof system to make sure every person sentenced to death is guilty.

That's why I don't support the death penalty, even for people like this. 

If I can win an OOM anyone can. 

http://www.golflink....k_no=3012646041

#40 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:14 PM

Risk management
If they're dead they can never hurt anyone again. Currently state governments are having to pass special laws to keep mass murderers in jail. What if Jon Faine and the latte lovers or the Christian lobby get into power. They are likely to say " he's done 30 years, time for some forgiveness".

Same with the bail and parole conditions. Week after week we have people on bail or parole committing violent crimes. If someone has already been a recidivist they shouldn't be let out until acquittal or their full sentence has been served.

Jon Faine actually strongly opposed the release of the Hoddle St massacre killer when he recently came up for parole.  It was one of his first stories as a journo. 

#41 The Gap Wedge Draw

The Gap Wedge Draw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16528 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:31 PM

If you support the death penalty then you support innocent people being killed by the state.  There has never been a foolproof system to make sure every person sentenced to death is guilty.

That's why I don't support the death penalty, even for people like this.

Are you inferring there is even the faintest shadow of doubt ?

This isn't a dingo killed my baby or the controversial murders of wives in Brisbane and Perth last year

As with Carl Williams murder in prison and the Sudanese woman who finally pleaded guilty last week to killing her children. Didak's bestie who shot people in King St. There are cut and dried cases deserving of the ultimate sentence.

National Tour

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#42 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:35 PM

This isn't a dingo killed my baby or the controversial murders of wives in Brisbane and Perth last year

As with Carl Williams murder in prison and the Sudanese woman who finally pleaded guilty last week to killing her children. Didak's bestie who shot people in King St. There are cut and dried cases deserving of the ultimate sentence.

You don't get it.  No one has ever made a system, that only ever picks out the so called 'cut and dried' cases.  Any system inevitably has resulted in innocent people receiving the death penalty. It's just the whole of recent history rather than some "I reckon" internet ramblings. 

Think of it like the third umpire in cricket - that was supposed to be for only the cut and dried ones but it has created a whole other grey area. 

Oh, and in addition -  I think killing is wrong. 

#43 The Gap Wedge Draw

The Gap Wedge Draw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16528 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:53 PM

Jon Faine actually strongly opposed the release of the Hoddle St massacre killer when he recently came up for parole.  It was one of his first stories as a journo.

Where was this published ? I can't find any record of it.

National Tour

#44 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:26 PM

I don't know.  I just listen to his show and have a functioning memory. 

• koiom K Frenzy likes this

#45 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19074 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

I reckon there would be a couple of hundred eye witnesses, and probably about as many CCV TV cameras who caught it all.

I figure if that many can eyeball the bastard, including the actual arrest as it happened, then its pretty cut and dried, just like he should be right now.

Moving targets and handguns yes, hard to get it right I agree ........... so give the good guys Uzi's instead, and lets put an end to these sick pricks before they have time to escalate their issues.

There are enough decent people in this country, so wasting a few bad guys every now and then is neither here nor there. If people have an issue with that, then perhaps the good guys could just "disappear them" like what happens overseas.

Just my thoughts though ..... :)

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2017.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users