213 replies to this topic

#16 YouGottaHitIt

YouGottaHitIt

8 for 2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

Isn't it as simple as anyone who has previously done time automatically doesn't get bail unless the lack of evidence is compelling.

I'm quite happy to pay more taxes for another remand centre.

In all seriousness, do you really think you have a fair and simple solution to all the world's ills, and the only thing standing in the way is the blindness of the elite to your grand wisdom? I have as much disdain for and disappointment with the political class as the next guy, but come on, these are not simple problems that the pollies are just too stupid or disinterested to solve.

Please tell me you don't think you and the rest of the internet brains trust have all of the answers, and if you were in charge things would be so much better?

If so, why are you wasting your wisdom on ISG? Go out and fix the world Rob!

Edited by YouGottaHitIt, 21 January 2017 - 08:08 PM.

If you can read this you're too close!
http://www.golflink....k_No=3040204856

#17 goomboogo

goomboogo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:13 PM

All hail Rob Caeser. Or some such ****.

#18 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

Mouldy has another lesson coming up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15660 posts
  • LocationEating and Drinking somewhere

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:36 PM

In all seriousness, do you really think you have a fair and simple solution to all the world's ills, and the only thing standing in the way is the blindness of the elite to your grand wisdom? I have as much disdain for and disappointment with the political class as the next guy, but come on, these are not simple problems that the pollies are just too stupid or disinterested to solve.

Please tell me you don't think you and the rest of the internet brains trust have all of the answers, and if you were in charge things would be so much better?

If so, why are you wasting your wisdom on ISG? Go out and fix the world Rob!

Don't you think there is a need for some black and white guidelines.

Obviously, the bail justices have a lot of discretion within the guidelines they are given.  Why not make it easier for them to do their job !

The pollies don't have the guts to make "right wing" decisions.  They are too beholden to Jon Faine and his cohort of doctor's wives, Fitzroy legal service, human rights lawyers, ambulance chasers etc.  It's not about "stupidity or disinterest" it is fear of an election  backlash from the potential defectors to the Greens.

Howard, despite his obvious ineptitude, did impose the changes to gun laws post Port Arthur.  The chances of Andrews taking strong action are non-existent.

Why are the issues so complex ?  If someone has served time they have to pay.  Sex Offenders are placed on the register and pay forever.  Why shouldn't people that are incarcerated for violent acts par forever as well.

Sorry Pete but your glass half full approach reflects the political class.

I'd love to be in politics but since I haven't been brown nosing the power brokers for a decade or longer I have no chance.  Plus I'd never agree to a party policy that I didn't believe in.  I'm far too honest.

You're probably against the death sentence as well.  What's your erudite reasoning for not topping this arsehole ?

• TNT likes this

Shanklink

OOM Tour

I am mid table mediocrity !

Baconwide Tour

Runner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at Yarrambat

NAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews Beach

Choppers Tour

Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine

Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport

"not sure that makes sense but anyway"

#19 YouGottaHitIt

YouGottaHitIt

8 for 2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

Don't you think there is a need for some black and white guidelines.

Obviously, the bail justices have a lot of discretion within the guidelines they are given.  Why not make it easier for them to do their job !

The pollies don't have the guts to make "right wing" decisions.  They are too beholden to Jon Faine and his cohort of doctor's wives, Fitzroy legal service, human rights lawyers, ambulance chasers etc.  It's not about "stupidity or disinterest" it is fear of an election  backlash from the potential defectors to the Greens.

Howard, despite his obvious ineptitude, did impose the changes to gun laws post Port Arthur.  The chances of Andrews taking strong action are non-existent.

Why are the issues so complex ?  If someone has served time they have to pay.  Sex Offenders are placed on the register and pay forever.  Why shouldn't people that are incarcerated for violent acts par forever as well.

Sorry Pete but your glass half full approach reflects the political class.

I'd love to be in politics but since I haven't been brown nosing the power brokers for a decade or longer I have no chance.  Plus I'd never agree to a party policy that I didn't believe in.  I'm far too honest.

You're probably against the death sentence as well.  What's your erudite reasoning for not topping this arsehole ?

I honestly thought there might be more there than that, but apparently not. Won't bother with a response beyond that. Think of me what you will, I really don't care. For the record, I think you are morally bankrupt and pretty much a repulsive waste of space.

Enjoy your golf.

#20 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15660 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

I honestly thought there might be more there than that, but apparently not. Won't bother with a response beyond that. Think of me what you will, I really don't care. For the record, I think you are morally bankrupt and pretty much a repulsive waste of space.

Enjoy your golf.

Interesting.  Please explain the morally bankrupt comment.  It appears to reflect a perception that I'm two faced.

Having never been arrested or suspected of any criminal act.  Also not changing my point of view markedly for a very long time why do you challenge my lack of morals.  Is it because as a single man 34+ years ago I screwed multiple women regardless of their marital status ?

Is it because I'm not a bleeding heart and don't believe in a 3rd, 4th, 5th  etc chance for criminals regardless of age.

Please explain from on high

Shanklink

OOM Tour

Baconwide Tour

Choppers Tour

#21 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8308 posts
  • LocationTol free Zone

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:18 PM

My heart goes out to all those affected by these events.... there are a lot of questions that need to be addressed without *Mouldy lynch squad in action...

The bail system needs to seriously looked at.... Melbourne events have a similar starting point as to what occurred in Sydney Lindt cafe...

Ummm police pursuits... what options other than those used at present are available to police.... I can understand why sometimes pursuits are abandoned in the interest of public safety .... but in cases like this what other options are available...
There are more than likely many more questions that need answers but in the meantime let the healing of all those affected take place, let the relevant enquiries take place and then lock up the offender and throw away the keys

VTTP 006

Miracle

#22 YouGottaHitIt

YouGottaHitIt

8 for 2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

Interesting. Please explain the morally bankrupt comment. It appears to reflect a perception that I'm two faced.

Having never been arrested or suspected of any criminal act. Also not changing my point of view markedly for a very long time why do you challenge my lack of morals. Is it because as a single man 34+ years ago I screwed multiple women regardless of their marital status ?

Is it because I'm not a bleeding heart and don't believe in a 3rd, 4th, 5th etc chance for criminals regardless of age.

Please explain from on high

Sorry Rob, maybe you're taking my words too literally. I was just looking for a delicate way to say I think you're scum.

#23 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15660 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:33 PM

Stuff that.

What gives these violent criminals any rights.

People complain about the violence in society but don't want to punish the offenders.

What is wrong with the system in many US states where they execute people for extreme crimes and lock up people for their entire life after 3 strikes.

Giving them a slap on the wrist has failed pathetically.  The level of recidivism is not changing very much. 

Shanklink

OOM Tour

Baconwide Tour

Choppers Tour

#24 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15660 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:36 PM

Sorry Rob, maybe you're taking my words too literally. I was just looking for a delicate way to say I think you're scum.

I'm sure you would like the Bourke St driver to move in next door when he gets out in 20 years.

Enjoy your Latte and the Sunday Age in the morning.

Shanklink

OOM Tour

Baconwide Tour

Choppers Tour

#25 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15660 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:43 PM

My heart goes out to all those affected by these events.... there are a lot of questions that need to be addressed without *Mouldy lynch squad in action...

The bail system needs to seriously looked at.... Melbourne events have a similar starting point as to what occurred in Sydney Lindt cafe...

Ummm police pursuits... what options other than those used at present are available to police.... I can understand why sometimes pursuits are abandoned in the interest of public safety .... but in cases like this what other options are available...
There are more than likely many more questions that need answers but in the meantime let the healing of all those affected take place, let the relevant enquiries take place and then lock up the offender and throw away the keys

What exactly is wrong with a death sentence Peg ?

There is zero doubt as to his guilt.

Why shouldn't he pay the ultimate price ?

What benefits has Australian society reaped with the abolition of the death penalty ?

Shanklink

OOM Tour

Baconwide Tour

Choppers Tour

#26 goomboogo

goomboogo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:29 PM

Rob, in your view, what is the purpose of the death penalty?

#27 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4558 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

Enjoy your golf.

Can you explain what it is exactly that you take such vehement exception to? Understand that you might not agree with everything Mouldy says but he seams to have hit a major nerve.
  • RobNewy likes this
I'm just pissed off OK? Don't ask.
READ EM AND WEEP
http://www.golflink....k_No=4072302355

#28 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6617 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:48 AM

ya know people want to see this pelican dead for the acts he has committed

having the death sentance who actually suffers    from this the victoms or the the executed

yes the judicial system needs a big overhaul  but i think in the case we seen on friday is to make these crinmals suffer in life rather then letting them sleep for eternity

while the victoms suffer and the crinmal is no longer suffering when he/she takes their last breath in this world 

lock him up throw away the key   

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#29 simonsez

simonsez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3153 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

Well, this has certainly taken an unpleasant and nastily personal turn hasn't it. Perhaps the moderator just isn't paying attention.

In any case , this much is fact  ( from ABC site) "Gargasoulas was charged with a crime on January 14 and was granted bail by an after-hours bail justice, despite police opposing it."

and "Bail justices in Victoria are trained volunteers and are only required to be Australian citizens and not insolvent."

That should cover it then.Where do I apply ?Have to wonder just how well the particular "after hours bail justice" who approved bail for this latest recidivist low life has been sleeping lately ?

​As to those who say he should be killed; I've no doubt that you'll get your wish, just as soon as he's able to be released into the general prison population.

Lastly, why is it that police in general and Victorian police in particular seem to be able to merely wound people who have committed heinous crimes but then shoot dead those who 

have genuine intellectual problems and were merely having a psychotic episode ?

#30 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:24 PM

There was an interview with the parents of the guy in question and they were unable to comprehend why he acted in the manner he did and more or less have given up hope for him. Was he suffering from a psychotic episode due to his drug habit and somehow craving " suicide by cop" to go out as some sort of hero to someone or anyone that would take notice. If he had a do good lawyer when he applied for bail they probably pushed the " poor misunderstood son of immigrant parents" line and their argument was stronger than the police argument and he was released.
What will happen to him? My bet is a "Do good lawyer" will take his case on and he will get 10 years in jail with parole and we will never hear of him again but he will be in and out of jail many times with a do good lawyer getting him off charges.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users