37 replies to this topic

#31 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8352 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

Its probably one of the more important 'paralysis by analysis' stats thats my Goal to get them diwn
Post in here hiw many timed you dont get up and diwn im committed and will post my stats from tomorrowvwaets and all

a good stat to record and use to measure improvement is "shots taken inside 50m" including putts

then measure your game in 2 parts

1) how many shots from tee to 50m radius from hole, measures your ball hitting

2) how many shots inside 50m measures your scoring.

Edited by Can Break 80, 18 June 2017 - 11:07 PM.

• Madambo and hack2489 like this
2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2016 3 x winner on SGA tour.

2015 SGA tour Match play champion

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#32 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Great Sage...Equal of Heaven...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9311 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:48 PM

a good stat to record and use to measure improvement is "shots taken inside 50m" including putts

then measure your game in 2 parts

1) how many shots from tee to 50m radius from hole, measures your ball hitting

2) how many shots inside 50m measures your scoring.

3 in each on a par 4 is good right?

• hack2489 likes this

Whatever you do, you do to yourself

http://dorsetgolfclub.com.au/

#33 hack2489

hack2489

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:01 PM

I really like the idea of these, and many other stats. But, TBH, I'm now putting more focus n mental effort into actually thinking about the shot now, and only that shot, and executing that shot as best I can.

I have one stat per hole now that I record. Total shots. Period.

I'm not even adding them up as I go along, or making any mental note of where I stand, either against par, personal par, or playing group.

I think this is a key for my better on course outcomes.

After round, next day, yeah, I'll look at the over par scores and try to recall why. But, I'm not focused on stats so much these days. Just the score, total score and how many over par at the end of the round.

It's my new minimalist approach.
  • BumpunRun and iRON MiCK like this

#34 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18835 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:56 AM

Sounds like the way to play to me ....... there is enough to consider as we play the game without trying to keep track of the score, that's what our markers are paid so handsomely for.

Post round and we don't need an actual number to tell us which part of our games let us down .... we should know that already without a number. :)

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2016.

#35 lord of the river

lord of the river

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:08 AM

I really like the idea of these, and many other stats. But, TBH, I'm now putting more focus n mental effort into actually thinking about the shot now, and only that shot, and executing that shot as best I can.

I have one stat per hole now that I record. Total shots. Period.

I'm not even adding them up as I go along, or making any mental note of where I stand, either against par, personal par, or playing group.

I think this is a key for my better on course outcomes.

After round, next day, yeah, I'll look at the over par scores and try to recall why. But, I'm not focused on stats so much these days. Just the score, total score and how many over par at the end of the round.

It's my new minimalist approach.

Fantastic, this personal par rubbish buggers people up. A playing lesson from a pro teaching course management is much more logical. Plus 86% of stats are made up :)
  • hack2489 likes this

#36 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11336 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:25 AM

I always keep all of my stats during the game, things like fairways hit, putts, scrambling that sort of stuff but I will only count the good ones and ignore the bad ones.

For example, if I hit driver 10 times during a round but only liked 7 of them, my stats will reflect that I hit 7 out of 7 drives.

and I ignore it if I happen to have a 3 putt and just say that I putted well.

Scrambling is a good one. I just say I got up and down from all of the ones that I did get up and down from. 

That way, I just say that I have done well and there aren't any stats to tell me I didn't so I know I have done well 

"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#37 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11570 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:21 AM

Fantastic, this personal par rubbish buggers people up. A playing lesson from a pro teaching course management is much more logical. Plus 86% of stats are made up :)

20% of the time!

#38 hack2489

hack2489

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

I always keep all of my stats during the game, things like fairways hit, putts, scrambling that sort of stuff but I will only count the good ones and ignore the bad ones.

For example, if I hit driver 10 times during a round but only liked 7 of them, my stats will reflect that I hit 7 out of 7 drives.
and I ignore it if I happen to have a 3 putt and just say that I putted well.
Scrambling is a good one. I just say I got up and down from all of the ones that I did get up and down from.
That way, I just say that I have done well and there aren't any stats to tell me I didn't so I know I have done well

So, basically its lies, damn lies and statistics?

Cool.
  • BumpunRun likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users