34 replies to this topic

#16 Belterbelieveit

Belterbelieveit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:15 PM

Rob I believe it was announced he would use the callawy gear but would not sign a deal in 2017.
From what I know (from a Nike sponsored pro) Nike have honoured the monetary part of the contract as long as you don't sign a new deal, if you do you must reimburse them a certain amount. I didn't get in to the nitty gritty details but basically he said unless you could get a better deal there was no point!
Not sure who would pay the money Rory is on with Nike!
I'm happy to be wrong but that's my understanding of it!
  • Short Putt Man likes this

#17 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2782 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:06 AM

Rob I believe it was announced he would use the callawy gear but would not sign a deal in 2017.
From what I know (from a Nike sponsored pro) Nike have honoured the monetary part of the contract as long as you don't sign a new deal, if you do you must reimburse them a certain amount. I didn't get in to the nitty gritty details but basically he said unless you could get a better deal there was no point!
Not sure who would pay the money Rory is on with Nike!
I'm happy to be wrong but that's my understanding of it!

Same, my understanding from No Laying Up report was no equipment deals in '17 and what I had read on WRX as well.

Second part of your post I have NFI on but makes sense though if it is true and why he doesn't sign a deal this year and why he has said he wont be.

Cap: 17.9 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#18 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10657 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:32 AM

Gentlemen, i stand corrected

#19 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40395 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:01 AM

Last time Rory changed gear he went backwards for quite a while - how much that had to do with the gear is debatable I suppose but it does make it interesting this year to see how it goes

If the gear works and he is in the right head space and he can tame the putter then he is a big chance to get back to 1. IMO he is the best player on the planet when he is at the top of his game.

For JD unless things keep going wrong he will stay at the top - unless Rory goes on a run. His consistency is what you need to be world number one and he has a good lead on everyone else.

Edited by Weetbix, 05 January 2017 - 09:01 AM.

• Madambo likes this

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#20 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Arnie's Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10914 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:10 AM

JD and Scott set themselves for the big tournaments so they will always do well with ranking points. Rory plays Euro events so he would have to win another Major or two. DJ could be it if he putts well.
Jordan to redeem himself at Augusta and cruise to Number 1 for me.

Billionaire Genius Playboy Philanthropist NAGA

2017 VIC ISG OOM Champion

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#21 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1617 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:36 PM

New Ladies world number 1.

#22 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40395 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

Who?

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#23 Cats are Farked

Cats are Farked

Only karnts own cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18620 posts
  • LocationKilling Cats

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

New Ladies world number 1.

Start another thread if you want to discuss that rubbish.

#24 Rsc41

Rsc41

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationLadies Tee, 2nd Shot

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:30 PM

Who?

ariya jutanugarn from Thailand. Pretty sure she sank a massive birdie putt to on the first hole of a 3 way playoff to win and in doing so took no.1. That being said if memory service she was only like 0.01 of a point away from taking it last week. 

• Ji Bao He likes this

#25 Ji Bao He

Ji Bao He

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16547 posts
  • Location#KW #CHAMPION

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

ariya jutanugarn from Thailand. Pretty sure she sank a massive birdie putt to on the first hole of a 3 way playoff to win and in doing so took no.1. That being said if memory service she was only like 0.01 of a point away from taking it last week.

She signed my longest travelling cap last April at ANA Inspirational
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#26 Rsc41

Rsc41

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationLadies Tee, 2nd Shot

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

She signed my longest travelling cap last April at ANA Inspirational

Is that a euphemism? 

#27 Ji Bao He

Ji Bao He

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16547 posts
  • Location#KW #CHAMPION

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

Is that a euphemism?

If you mean was she happy to sign the hat???? Not sure she just blew a good lead to lose a tournament with 6 holes to go
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#28 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2782 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:45 AM

Same, my understanding from No Laying Up report was no equipment deals in '17 and what I had read on WRX as well.

Second part of your post I have NFI on but makes sense though if it is true and why he doesn't sign a deal this year and why he has said he wont be.

So much for not signing a deal in 2017.... :wacko:  :blink:

Cap: 17.9 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#29 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

Who will end up being World Number One by year's end?

1. Jason Day - will his body hold up and will the putter continue to run hot?

2. Rory McIlroy - Major distraction coming up. Does he have the desire?

3. Dustin Johnson - made major inroads last year. Putter? Snow cones?

4. Henrik Stenson - will he be a one major wonder?

5. Jordan Spieth - can the short game and unbelievable putting bail him out?

6. Hideki Matsuyama - the first Japanese to win a major?

7. Adam Scott - will he ditch Aim Point and actually hole something within 8 feet?

8. Others like Patrick Reed (hard to like actually), Alex Noren, Brooks Koepka (touted by some)......or dare I say it.....Tiger?

For mine, I'd like to see Jason, Rory and Dustin all have a great year, Tiger to be competitive, some new young talent come on (Thorbjorn Olesen perhaps), Adam to work out a way to make something on the greens (still the benchmark tee to green), any Aussie to do well.

Have a feeling Rory wants that Number One mantle back and may well do it.

Jason Day was ranked number 1 in strokes gained putting in 2016. He currently sits at 54; so his putter is hardly running hot. If he can regain his accuracy off the tee and return to his 2015/16 form with the putter, then he'll challenge Dustin Johnson. If Johnson can repeat his effort at Oakmont last year, no one will get near him - except for J.Day, providing he gets back to 2015 form.

#30 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10657 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:39 PM

Jason Day was ranked number 1 in strokes gained putting in 2016. He currently sits at 54; so his putter is hardly running hot. If he can regain his accuracy off the tee and return to his 2015/16 form with the putter, then he'll challenge Dustin Johnson. If Johnson can repeat his effort at Oakmont last year, no one will get near him - except for J.Day, providing he gets back to 2015 form.

Cc, you quoted a post from Jan
His putter probly was hot back then
  • chevychase likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users