Who will end up being World Number One by year's end?
1. Jason Day - will his body hold up and will the putter continue to run hot?
2. Rory McIlroy - Major distraction coming up. Does he have the desire?
3. Dustin Johnson - made major inroads last year. Putter? Snow cones?
4. Henrik Stenson - will he be a one major wonder?
5. Jordan Spieth - can the short game and unbelievable putting bail him out?
6. Hideki Matsuyama - the first Japanese to win a major?
7. Adam Scott - will he ditch Aim Point and actually hole something within 8 feet?
8. Others like Patrick Reed (hard to like actually), Alex Noren, Brooks Koepka (touted by some)......or dare I say it.....Tiger?
For mine, I'd like to see Jason, Rory and Dustin all have a great year, Tiger to be competitive, some new young talent come on (Thorbjorn Olesen perhaps), Adam to work out a way to make something on the greens (still the benchmark tee to green), any Aussie to do well.
Have a feeling Rory wants that Number One mantle back and may well do it.