701 replies to this topic

#691 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8436 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

Congrats to CB and a flawless round of golf. Honestly I don't remember one mistake (even the 1ft lol) and was just fantastic to watch. Agree with Smergs that when you play within yourself it just comes together. (P.S. That's 2 flawless rounds for OOM wins I have played with and I think 3 winners all up. Bully and Geoff for the flawless rounds. Have to check if there was a 3rd winner).

Thanks for the company Joe, enjoyed it. You did mention on way round you had played with some of previous winners.

I think you brought me luck. I hope your turn to win comes around soon.

PS: we will Have get Deege to pair LuckyJoe with Francie for next 3 OOM's.

• Francie and Short Putt Man like this
2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2016 3 x winner on SGA tour.

2015 SGA tour Match play champion

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#692 tigertuff

tigertuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2028 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

Thanks to the committee for putting together another great OOM. Always a fun day. Carson, unlucky not to even place, played flawless golf all day mate. Nick, great to see your ability to recover and nail those clutch shots, and never a bad day walking the course with old mate Lucas. Congrats to all the winners especially duck+nicholas  :lol:

See you all at sandhurst

• Ari, iRON MiCK, Goldy and 1 other like this

#693 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36052 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:07 PM

Thanks to the committee for putting together another great OOM. Always a fun day. Carson, unlucky not to even place, played flawless golf all day mate. Nick, great to see your ability to recover and nail those clutch shots, and never a bad day walking the course with old mate Lucas. Congrats to all the winners especially duck+nicholas  :lol:

See you all at sandhurst

I probably wouldn't let him know that we can still present the vest before the start of the Sandhurst round...
  • tigertuff likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#694 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I am a recovering shankaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16224 posts
  • Location45 deg right of my last shot

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:01 PM

I probably wouldn't let him know that we can still present the vest before the start of the Sandhurst round...

I'm sure the rules will stipulate, that anyone shooting through before collecting the Vest will have to tee off first at their next event whilst wearing said vest.
  • jrg1166, Francie, tigertuff and 1 other like this

Shanklink

OOM Tour

I am mid table mediocrity !

Baconwide Tour

Runner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at Yarrambat

NAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews Beach

Team Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship Flinders

Runner up 2017 Southern Invitational

Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour

Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine

Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport

#695 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:43 AM

Geez I miss the OOMs.

Great day out with a great bunch of blokes. First time walking the course with Joe79 and DallasM and a great pleasure it was. Their front 9s were particularly... umm... scratchy? Yeah scratchy that'll do.

And whilst Joe79 improved on the back to get out of the Orange zone, DallasM's back 9 was something to behold. I personally loved the 7 for 1 on 11 which "we" settled for after originally aimed for a 4 for 4.

But the group belonged to the man we called Le MetroGnome (is a BMan Slog BBQ deck thing). He was literally faultless (except for that 1ft jab on 15) and I don't recall a fairway missed. It was TopCat-esque but with more distance, skill and less BS. Nothing flashy (although the 2 for 4 on 12 was pretty good) just proof that you hit it to the right spots and know your limits and the score comes to you without having to chase it.

So great to see him win the day. He deserves it after all the work he's done over the years with the OOMs. I'm also very proud of myself for not getting his ear and trying to put him off his game.

As for me... well... it was certainly interesting. The yellow Vision ball CB80 gave me was impossible to lose... and I tried. Highlights were the ~300m provisional ball on the 4th, which saw me hit two drives, putt twice and walk off with a 5 for 2... (Stupid game). 5i faded around the tree out of the rough on 8 was nice too.

But 32pts was certainly around 4 more than I was expecting or hoping for. Not too bad.

Good luck with the rest of the year guys, I'm off to see the country with the family. I'll keep an eye on the forums to make sure you guys don't leave too many Cleveland Steamers lying around.

Oh... and congrats to the Committee... brilliant as always...

I forgot to mention as well enjoy the trip!!! Sounds awesome and hope to do something similar with my wife and kids!

• Smergen likes this

Cap: 17.9 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#696 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2736 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:45 AM

Thanks for the company Joe, enjoyed it. You did mention on way round you had played with some of previous winners.

Lol Unfortunately I played with Francie at Monah Legends for the OOM Last year (Which may have been the OOM that got off the TBTHNWAOOM (Is that right?))

Deege was the nationals at STAB but I don't think that really counts though as it wasn't an OOM....

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

#697 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:52 AM

I forgot to mention as well enjoy the trip!!! Sounds awesome and hope to do something similar with my wife and kids!

Thanks mate. 5yrs in the thinking/planning/executing so it's great to have it finally here. All I can say is if you want to do it, make the big call and start working towards it. Like improving your handicap, it won't happen unless you work towards it.

• Short Putt Man likes this

Castlemaine Non-Handicap Winner - Net 73

2013 OOM4 A Grade Winner - Heritage St Johns - 33pts

2016 TSC Winner - Eynesbury - 34pts

Taking midtable mediocrity to the top of the podium...

Smoldy. - Baconwide Tour Creators and Ambassadors

VTTP #008

http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204213

#698 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2736 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:57 PM

I also forgot to mention that those ominous clouds we saw had hail in them. Wife told me when I got home that they had hail there (about 8km as the crow flies) so we were lucky lol.

WITB:

#699 leenn

leenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

Well done to the winners:

CB80

Notupnotin

Iron_Mick

Thanks very much to the organisers:

Deege, Geoff, Wozz, Goldy and <ouldy

Thanks to my playing group:

Ghetto

Francie

GPJ

It wasn't near my best round of golf and its frustrating to play so badly. I'm glad I missed the NAGA in an official OOM.

Nice to see Ghetto, Francie and GPJ hit the ball so nicely. GPJ you were robbed!!!

• Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#700 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33403 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:02 AM

Lol Unfortunately I played with Francie at Monah Legends for the OOM Last year (Which may have been the OOM that got off the TBTHNWAOOM (Is that right?))

Deege was the nationals at STAB but I don't think that really counts though as it wasn't an OOM....

Yeah Joe....I was thinking that when I read Geoff's post.    Perhaps it's just me and no one can get me over the line.   :(

• Short Putt Man likes this

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#701 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2736 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:08 AM

Yeah Joe....I was thinking that when I read Geoff's post.    Perhaps it's just me and no one can get me over the line.   :(

Someone would have to check but if it was the OOM where you passed the trophy to TB then you could claim that as a win.....  :D

WITB:

#702 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:13 PM

Thanks to the OOM machine for another top day at Le Frog.

Great to see all the eager fresh faces milling around the putting green and welcome to the new recruits too. 

Enjoyed the round with Rob, Chang and big John ( who hit it alot better than his final score, needs a short game and he'd shave 50% off his cap )

Sorry I had to scarper early, had a stock take to do that I'd been putting off for awhile and Sunday was about the last time available for the next month or so.

To Muzz, I did wear the white belt but by the end of the round it was hidden under several layers of wet weather gear, so I'll bring it next time just for you, Couza ! 

Jon...

• jrg1166, Francie, GPJ_Longdriver and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OOM, Vic, Growling Frog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users