After about 7 years of half arsing my golf it is time to get back in the ring. I see a few other journals here so I thought I would kick one off as well!
I have been playing golf for about 20 years now. Through that time I have had phases of working hard, and phases of not really working on it at all...I think it is time to try to improve again.
So right now I am playing off 4.8. 2016 I played 11 competition rounds, and only 1 was actually better than handicap so I am on the way out unless a few things change!
What is going to change?
1. I am committing to playing more. At least 20 competition rounds this year.
2. I am committing to practising more. I have been to the range 3 times this year, and 2 of those are in the last fortnight. At least 1 range session per week. Short game practise will be at home, at least 15 minutes per day.
3. I am committing to practising the right things...first lesson is Tuesday next week.
4. I am committing to playing other courses to grow my game. I have played too much at my local course and will play more Open events to see some other places!
5. I am committing to measuring it all. I bought a GPS yesterday and from this point forward I will be tracking stats to work out where I am losing shots!
6. I am committing to a weekly update here!
The long term goal is to get the handicap below 3 which allows me to play some of the large state amateur event. Ideally, Vic Amateur at the end of this year!