#31 Mr_C

Mr_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6425 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:37 PM

The yellow and black truvis chrome soft are on "special" at drummond. $59.95...... fark
  • The_Boz likes this

http://www.golflink....k_No=4070706250

Southbound       

#32 The_Boz

The_Boz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2892 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:55 PM

If the A$ goes down as expected in 2017 against the US$ the prices will rise on most golf equipment ,,,

Its funny though that the CS has a recommended (highest)  retail of US$39.95 / A$57.00 in the US

so the prices are somewhat inline with the US,,,,the A$45 / A$49 retail price might not last too long

on the normal and white TruViz balls,,, ?

Edited by The_Boz, 30 December 2016 - 12:57 PM.

• RobNewy likes this
Vision UV Staybright Ball Technology / www.VisionGolfBall.com by WJB

#33 The_Boz

The_Boz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2892 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

Here is a reply I just sent to a laeding US based SpeedGolf player about TruVis to explain my thoughts on the design

approach ,,,,,,

TruVis : Callaway do not fully understand what it is all about, they licenced it last year to try as they had nothing that was really new

In the ball space for last year’s PGA show and have always supported novelty’s / accessories and new ideas as a side line where as

Titleist have never really wanted to try new ideas first. The guy that developed it was in the UK and pad printed it on existing balls

In 2004 onwards,,, it is a soccer ball concept that started this way and has developed far beyond this style today,,,

Callaway did not think it would work but it has sold well,,,,, 30% of all ChromeSoft sales in 2016 ,,, but it is flawed as a visibility

concept as it can help camouflage a ball in play,,, the players using the White balls with red are actually better off if it was one

of these brighter colours as the colours work as well and the balls are more findable,,,, but what we did see was more players

moving to the Yellow version to try and help but the Black Pentagons are worse and help to hide the ball in the rough even better.

If they understood it better they would have looked to reduce the size of the pentagon’s or make them somewhat hollow,,,,,as the

designers at Adidas and Nike have found the much older style is not the best and is not as fashionable,,,

Attached File  TruViz football.JPG   36.89KB   2 downloads

Attached File  Colour of TruViz for Dalmation.JPG   52.23KB   3 downloads

Edited by The_Boz, 08 January 2017 - 04:38 PM.

• Notupnotin likes this

#34 jacko_22

jacko_22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:09 PM

I'm using the White/Red Chromies and I think they're great. Highlights the amount of spin put on the ball.

• The_Boz likes this

#35 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6594 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:46 PM

Here is a reply I just sent to a laeding US based SpeedGolf player about TruVis to explain my thoughts on the design

approach ,,,,,,

TruVis : Callaway do not fully understand what it is all about, they licenced it last year to try as they had nothing that was really new

In the ball space for last year’s PGA show and have always supported novelty’s / accessories and new ideas as a side line where as

Titleist have never really wanted to try new ideas first. The guy that developed it was in the UK and pad printed it on existing balls

In 2004 onwards,,, it is a soccer ball concept that started this way and has developed far beyond this style today,,,

Callaway did not think it would work but it has sold well,,,,, 30% of all ChromeSoft sales in 2016 ,,, but it is flawed as a visibility

concept as it can help camouflage a ball in play,,, the players using the White balls with red are actually better off if it was one

of these brighter colours as the colours work as well and the balls are more findable,,,, but what we did see was more players

moving to the Yellow version to try and help but the Black Pentagons are worse and help to hide the ball in the rough even better.

If they understood it better they would have looked to reduce the size of the pentagon’s or make them somewhat hollow,,,,,as the

designers at Adidas and Nike have found the much older style is not the best and is not as fashionable,,,

attachicon.gifTruViz football.JPG

attachicon.gifColour of TruViz for Dalmation.JPG

I have been using this ball for quite sometime now  and basicly have used it for a good 12 months now

the only good thing in this ball i was the only one using at my club until 1 bugga copied me and played in the same group as i

to me there is no difference between a white chrome soft or a tru-vis chromesoft in how the ball reacts

as Jacko_22 said ya can see how much spin has been putt on the ball.

but as far as they they market these balls is exactly how boz said in his post .... even on the fairways this ball is hard to see until ya get close to it .....  any dry course you are going to really struggle to see this ball

I have 1 box of these left   and i am going back to just the plain callaway chrome softs

in ways i think callaway could be put on notice really as this ball has not lived upto  to what they have siad it would do ,,, the markings was spose to make the ball look bigger etc well it hasnt  and many like myself have been suckered into this hype..

they only good thing is with me as i don't have to mark my golf balls  and if i lose a ball on course , most people return them to me

• The_Boz likes this
I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#36 Acheron

Acheron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, VIC

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:23 PM

Tried the red/white ones for awhile and while the ball was ok, was bloody near impossible to find in light rough or dappled shade.
Also worth nothing that some marketing photos showing how much bigger they looked compared with a normal ball were not accurate? Different size balls used..
  • The_Boz likes this

#37 The_Boz

The_Boz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2892 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

Its not different sized balls Ache,,,, its an optical illusion that can be enhanced by the position of the balls

from the camera used ,,,, this is something that could be used to make a point about the concept.

My latest Yellow versions look much bigger than my White versions ,,, different effect again,,,,

#38 Davepuppies

Davepuppies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:28 PM

Just picked up a couple of chrome sorts to give a go......

Looking forward to trying them.

#39 HuJarse

HuJarse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

I've found it harder to find them in the rough then normal white golf balls.

So the "Truvis" thing is not working for me.

Yes I can differentiate my ball from my partners but I've still got to find it 1st. I'm going to stop using them and go back to Bridgestone. I was only using the Truvis to see if it was actually easier to find but they aren't.

And the Bridgestone have proven to be awesome 

#40 The_Boz

The_Boz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2892 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

And the Bridgestone have proven to be awesome 

Which model?

#41 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2426 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:41 AM

Which model?

I know not aimed at me but thought I might chip in with it. I have tried the RX, 330s and RX-S and loved all 3. Background: Played Chrome Soft, SR3, Hex Black in the last few years. Never been happy with any of them. As my Iron swing is fairly deliberate I don't swing as hard as I can, it is more controlled.

The RX was great tee to fringe but just found I couldn't adjust for the roll out it gives on the green being a harder cover. Although fantastic everywhere else the stopping was just not there that I enjoy. Was getting a club extra distance with them but the release was just causing me to have longer putts than I should have been. Having said that if I had to play it for the rest of my life I wouldn't have a problem.

The 330s was better but I just felt it lacked distance for me (expected being the type of ball it is and who it is marketed at). Stopped and controllable and loved it but just felt "too soft" for me. I know that it was just that I couldn't compress it properly with the irons and lost meters with it. I was finding half to full club distance loss. Again if I had to play it I wouldn't complain.

The RX-S has been a god send. Love it from every aspect and forgot how much impact the ball does make when you find the right one. Tee to Green has been fantastic. I am now starting to get more control of it and being able to hop and stop or release (and odd occasion of back spin but not controlled it yet). Also finding distances are about where I expect of my Irons so I am feeling I am compressing these enough. I have gained probably close to a club difference with it. The RX-S just suits it and feels perfect. It actually has given some confidence back where it has been lacking since the use of the Hex Chrome and Hex Chrome + (Which is going back a few years now).

Putting with all 3 balls was negligible in difference from what I could remember or ascertain at the time. Chipping was the same except for the release of the RX but easily adjusted for.

As a lot of this has been over the summer, I am waiting on winter to see how I feel and maybe go back to the RX for Winter.

Edited by Joe79, 24 March 2017 - 08:43 AM.

• The_Boz likes this

Cap: 16.2 Gamegolf

WITB: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha Mini 1.5 12* on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 56* S Grind | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Spares: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on "Made For" Prolaunch Red Stiff 46" | 9.5 Razr Fit Extreme on Prolauch Red Stiff 45" | X Series Jaw Slate 58* C Grind | X Series Jaw Slate 50* C Grind | X Series Jaw Slate 54* C Grind | X Series Jaw Slate 58* C Grind | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 60* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users