#1 HeadsUp

HeadsUp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:04 PM

Hi Bruce
Are you aware of the 5% deduction from the Australian players prize money for events managed by the Aust'n PGA Tour?
The 5% deduction for example is not deducted from the NZ Open as it is managed by NZ Golf.
The worst part is that the 5% deduction is also taken off the OOM money, but it is recorded in full as prize money.
This could impact on OOM positions. E.G. Griffin won NZ Open and had total prize money in OOM.

#2 bruce

bruce

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3184 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:53 AM

I will check Heads Up but I imagine even though the NZ Open is owned by NZ Golf as such it is still under the sanction of the PGA Tour of Australasia and may still be subject to that. The NZ Open is actually managed by NZ Golf Tournaments. Will check for you however

#3 voss

voss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1617 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:59 PM

If so, why the 5% - is this some sort of admin fee ?

#4 HeadsUp

HeadsUp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

Bruce - it is true that NZ Open prize money counted in total to the OOM and other events managed by AUS PGA Tour have 5% deducted from OOM and payment to Australian players. Foreign players do not have a 5% deduction, such as Varner III in PGA. OOM should include all players prize money and the 5% deduction should only impact the net pay to the player.
Check OOM list and you will the total amount of a player's earnings does not equal the OOM total. It is jus a disgrace, bot the 5% levy and the deduction from OOM.
False advertising total prize money for an event.

#5 bruce

bruce

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3184 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:37 AM

Heads up just correcting you a little. The NZ open cheques for players are subject to that fee of 5%. I think the amount reflected on the OOM is the gross amount however but because all player's cheques are subject to that then the OOM figure represents their actual standing.

Vossy I guess it would be considered as an administration fee which the PGA would get in addition to their overall sanctioning fee.

#6 HeadsUp

HeadsUp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:52 PM

Hi Bruce - you should look at the OOM for a player and you will see total Earnings are greater then OOM Money.
Griffin Earnings $242,564 and OOM $239,445 Diff. $3,119 and he won $161,607 for NZ Open and at 5% is $8,080
Hendry Earnings $231,696 and OOM $223,364 Diff. $8,333 and that is 5% of Fiji Earnings of $166,660 only
Giles Earnings $105,443 and OOM $101,881 Diff. $3,562 and that is 5% of Fiji Earnings of $71,250 only
It is all over the place and no consistency between the two and Griffin definitely did not have 5% deducted from OOM for NZ Open win.
???

#7 bruce

bruce

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3184 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:02 PM

Heads Up I can't explain some of the differences you have outlined in fact my head hurts trying to work it out. Events including the NZ Open pay the bulk purse to the PGA who in turn distribute the cheques as part of their sanctioning arrangement so perhaps you should direct your enquiry to the PGA of Australia as frankly I don't have the answer to the discrepancies.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users