#1 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8544 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:57 AM

In a game-changing move for Australian golf, the commercial rights to Golf Link will return to the sport’s governing body.

From 1st April 2017 all Australian golf club members will check their handicap information and scoring history via the Golf Australia home page at www.golf.org.au.

Golf Australia will continue using MPower MSL to service the Golf Australia Handicap System, and collaborate on enhancements to the online experience for Australian golfers.

The sophisticated system ensures the hundreds of thousands of golf members will continue to enjoy a world class online handicapping service and make golf stronger in Australia.

“It’s a significant occurrence for Golf Australia and golf in this country to regain the full rights to the Golf Link program,” GA chief executive Stephen Pitt said.

“We will be able to exert more influence on the service we provide to golfers and hopefully give them a great experience as they check movement in their handicap and playing results.

“It will strengthen our ability to invest in golf and help drive our important development programs such as MyGolf and Swing Fit.

“It will allow us to better communicate with golfers around the country and make golf stronger in Australia, so it’s a very important milestone.”

Here we go again

• Parmachine likes this

VTTP 006

Miracle

#2 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3010 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:07 PM

Hopefully the god awful page is re-designed!! That has to be priority 1

Other than I don't see how this changes a lot if anything?

• Monty85 likes this

OOM 4 2017 Moonah Open C Grade and Overall Winner - 39pts

OOM 1 2018 Growling Frog B Grade and Overall Winner - 40pts

Cap: 15.4 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Stiff | Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Works Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spare: Big Bertha Mini on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

#3 Harambe

Harambe

I said "cream" not "green"!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3464 posts
  • LocationBoooooooo

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:00 PM

So how much is this costing?

#4 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:01 PM

If only they could do it without all those rotten ads.
  • upnin likes this

#5 Parmachine

Parmachine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:12 AM

If only they could do it without all those rotten ads.

Especially the auto playing of "The Week In Golf". It's a good piece by the way, just don't want it auto playing EVERY time I open up Golflink!

• AGQ likes this

#6 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:35 PM

Golflink is now up and running on the GA web site.

All I can say is "WOW!"

The page loads instantly and without all those annoying video ads.

What an improvement !!!!

• Monty85, keithblake and Parmachine like this

#7 Monty85

Monty85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1528 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

Golflink is now up and running on the GA web site.

All I can say is "WOW!"

The page loads instantly and without all those annoying video ads.

What an improvement !!!!

I was pleasantly surprised with how fast that loaded. To be fair, its not even that fast really, its just the old page was so slow.

It's a step in the right direction at least as the site is still far from perfect.

Edited by Monty85, 03 April 2017 - 01:47 PM.

| GolfLink 

#8 drgazgiz

drgazgiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3292 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

Here's some code that golf clubs can put on their websites to provide a direct link to a golfer's handicap page if they just key in their GolfLink number. For example, entering "3000012345" in the form box will take the member to the page www.golf.org.au/handicap/3000012345 etc.

It will open the link in a new page.

<p>Enter your GOLFLink number to see your handicap record.</p>

<script>
function process()
{
var url="http://golf.org.au/handicap/"+ document.getElementById("url").value;
window.open(url);
return false;
}
</script>

<form onSubmit="return process();">
<input type="text" name="url" id="url"> <input type="submit" value="GO">
</form>

You can see it running on the Trentham Golf Club page (bottom right).

Edited by drgazgiz, 03 April 2017 - 07:40 PM.

• Monty85 likes this

#9 Parmachine

Parmachine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:35 AM

When I go to golflink.com.au, it takes me directly to golf.org.au with the handicap lookup at the top of the page.

Does anyone know where I can access the mates section of Golflink? I hope it doesn't mean mates has been exterminated :o

#10 Parmachine

Parmachine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:39 AM

When I go to golflink.com.au, it takes me directly to golf.org.au with the handicap lookup at the top of the page.

Does anyone know where I can access the mates section of Golflink? I hope it doesn't mean mates has been exterminated :o

Never mind... found it under mates.golflink.com.au :)

• Madam and AGQ like this

#11 AGQ

AGQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:50 AM

Never mind... found it under mates.golflink.com.au :)

I had that same moment of panic when Mates couldn't be found.

Hope this doesn't mean that access to open days disappears. Was quite easy to find and keep track of when open days were being held.

Fulfilling my dream to play Australia's Top 100

AGD 2016 - 100 played

AGD 2014 - 100 played

GA - 2016 - 89 played

GA - 2014 - 94 played

#12 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 13830 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

I had that same moment of panic when Mates couldn't be found.

Hope this doesn't mean that access to open days disappears. Was quite easy to find and keep track of when open days were being held.

Much of the GolfLink programs etc will be housed on iseekgolf.com but they still have to transition everything over to this site.

• AGQ and Parmachine like this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#13 AGQ

AGQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:55 AM

Much of the GolfLink programs etc will be housed on iseekgolf.com but they still have to transition everything over to this site.

Thanks for the update. Did notice the tee times have already moved across.

Fulfilling my dream to play Australia's Top 100

AGD 2016 - 100 played

AGD 2014 - 100 played

GA - 2016 - 89 played

GA - 2014 - 94 played

#14 Talart

Talart

Hit the ball, Find the ball, Hit the ball...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3880 posts
  • LocationThe Nail shop next to Golgotha

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:16 AM

Well the last few weeks trying to log into the iseekgolf site has been stymied by only what I can assume is something to do with the MPower Golf setup. Told I was logged in then, I had created a new account and my existing user name was already in use. I do understand the complexity of this scale of operation. iseekgolf is nowhere near the size of facebook, or even the myspace sites yet these two operations are never as cumbersome with gliches of this duration, during change over and upgrade operations. 

This MPower Golf mob https://mpowergolf.z...sk.com/hc/en-us certainly should with their touted efficiency which is why Golf Australia chose them, been underwhelming in my experience so far. 

As this informative article http://www.golfindus...y-hub-launched/ explains the initiative. 

https://mpowermsl.com/ Seems to be nothing more than a software and management tool supplier. I think the Advisory Board willhav their work cu out for them getting this to the right balance to suit our Australian Golfing environment.

Hit the ball, find the ball, hit the ball...

#15 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 13830 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:55 AM

Well the last few weeks trying to log into the iseekgolf site has been stymied by only what I can assume is something to do with the MPower Golf setup. Told I was logged in then, I had created a new account and my existing user name was already in use. I do understand the complexity of this scale of operation. iseekgolf is nowhere near the size of facebook, or even the myspace sites yet these two operations are never as cumbersome with gliches of this duration, during change over and upgrade operations.

This MPower Golf mob https://mpowergolf.z...sk.com/hc/en-us certainly should with their touted efficiency which is why Golf Australia chose them, been underwhelming in my experience so far.

As this informative article http://www.golfindus...y-hub-launched/ explains the initiative.

https://mpowermsl.com/ Seems to be nothing more than a software and management tool supplier. I think the Advisory Board willhav their work cu out for them getting this to the right balance to suit our Australian Golfing environment.

hi talart

Pm me the duplicate accounts info and I’ll merge and clean up. Easy as that!

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users