#46 macc

macc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:25 AM

The guru,

No money = no foreigners. Why would Spieth come here for nothing and play for barely a million US in prize money and 48% tax?

• RobNewy likes this

#47 Theguru

Theguru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:49 AM

Don’t think I’m making myself clear Macc.
It seems Scott and Leishman because all the appearance money has been spent on Day and Spieth. Is that what you are saying?
So maybe, therefore, if no appearance money was spent on anyone then Scott and Leishman would have no cause to feel aggrieved...and therefore might be more inclined to play

#48 macc

macc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

I'm suggesting the pot isn't big enough for all four of them.

My guess is, if there was no appearance money none of them would play. 

In an ideal world they would all play -  but this part of the game hasn't been ideal for an awfully long time.

#49 Theguru

Theguru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:40 AM

It’s a bit of a shame that they would not play the Oz Open without appearance money.
The top Aus players all talk about how much it means to them etc etc....I guess what you’re saying Macc is that is all just BS

#50 macc

macc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:29 PM

Absolutely and Yes

#51 Theguru

Theguru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:17 PM

That’s a real shame Macc, it seems the likes of Scott, Day, Leishman etc are so sincere when they say how important the Aus Open is to them when really in actual fact they wouldn’t be playing unless they received appearance money....you just destroyed my boyish belief that they were good blokes!
  • Lukos87 likes this

#52 macc

macc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:23 PM

Adam gets full marks for his contribution - he's played every year pretty much. 

It's always disappointing when all the best players aren't playing. It's the one week they should commit to IMO.

#53 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3120 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:37 PM

The Hong Kong Open this week is more important to our 2 Olympians than their own Open because they earn their living on the European tour. 

The "wrap around" 2 major tours means there is no off season where the Aussie tournaments once fell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users