ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6641 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:26 PM

Gday All

I have pretty well kept this rather quite  and is not a good thing what is happening within my family at the moment.

My Mother in law  who has worked hard all her life with her partner in life over on the Yorke Penisula

They use to own a Hotel and also had a big farm on the yorke Penisula  and some years ago they sold the pub as well as the farm as it was time for retirement

They invested there hard earned money  with a bloke called  James G.  he is currently residing in the NT  living a pretty nice lifestyle  while the police will not arrest him , nor will anyone freeze his bank accounts , and is still spending money that doesn't belong to him

1 pizza shop owner  only found out he was conned by this bloke when he got a huge tax bill  and somehow this James G. has taken over the pizza shop in the NT.

Anyway Mother in law and her partner have lost a tidy  1. something million  I do not know the exact figure but I know it  is over a million dollars down the drain that they have lost,  they cant claim Centrelink even though they have nothing to live on week by week,  they are pretty fortunate the town they live in are helping them out in someway but they shouldn't have been put in this situation

James G. was not just there financial advisor but a close friend  of theirs ... obviously not any more

So those in the NT and South Australia  please becareful of this bloke  and if you have invested your money  in James G. investments , then ya could be instrife  and the he used to work for the Madison Financial group   who have stripped him of his financial licence as well now...

Please do me one favour guys if you have investments and using a financial controller to help you with your retirement   please ask for regular statements

I would seriously hate to see  anyone of you  in the same circumstances that my family is going through

cheers  from

an Angry OZ

• Ji Bao He likes this
I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#2 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39791 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

That sucks mate - bloody appalling that sort of stuff

Scumbag

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#3 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4227 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:58 PM

That's bloody terrible oz , sadly this happens too often and has given small fin independent advisors a cautionary reputation .

#4 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 12075 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:06 AM

Gday All

I have pretty well kept this rather quite  and is not a good thing what is happening within my family at the moment.

My Mother in law  who has worked hard all her life with her partner in life over on the Yorke Penisula

They use to own a Hotel and also had a big farm on the yorke Penisula  and some years ago they sold the pub as well as the farm as it was time for retirement

They invested there hard earned money  with a bloke called  James G.  he is currently residing in the NT  living a pretty nice lifestyle  while the police will not arrest him , nor will anyone freeze his bank accounts , and is still spending money that doesn't belong to him

1 pizza shop owner  only found out he was conned by this bloke when he got a huge tax bill  and somehow this James G. has taken over the pizza shop in the NT.

Anyway Mother in law and her partner have lost a tidy  1. something million  I do not know the exact figure but I know it  is over a million dollars down the drain that they have lost,  they cant claim Centrelink even though they have nothing to live on week by week,  they are pretty fortunate the town they live in are helping them out in someway but they shouldn't have been put in this situation

James G. was not just there financial advisor but a close friend  of theirs ... obviously not any more

So those in the NT and South Australia  please becareful of this bloke  and if you have invested your money  in James G. investments , then ya could be instrife  and the he used to work for the Madison Financial group   who have stripped him of his financial licence as well now...

Please do me one favour guys if you have investments and using a financial controller to help you with your retirement   please ask for regular statements

I would seriously hate to see  anyone of you  in the same circumstances that my family is going through

cheers  from

an Angry OZ

Morning Oz.

Im really sorry to hear about this situation with your family. It is terrible to hear about how some one so trusted has broken that trust in the case of greed.

A quick note though about the post- I cant allow specific names of people mentioned in this case as it could put ISG, me and yourself into a defamation or slander issues. Ive had to take out his last name but left first initial. Its a serious enough issue that people need to be aware of him but at same time I also have to hold up the other side of the equation and cant mention his name unless he has publicly ( in courts) been charged or found guilty etc.

I hope you understand.

• GhettoGolfer, BarnEsy05, Francie and 2 others like this

#5 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2731 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:11 AM

Sorry to hear Oz.... you really just can't trust most people now a days... it sucks...

Hoping something can happen and your in-laws are taken care of and it works out. Great to hear the community come together for them!

Cap: 17.9 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#6 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8924 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:33 AM

This is an utterly and completely deplorable act. 

Out of curiosity, have criminal charges been laid yet?  Surely there are more people affected? 

Has he skipped town? 

If he worked for a firm, the firm could potentially be liable as well, and they should have PI insurance to cover these sorts of things. 

Whilst its a crap time right now, all is not lost yet, just need to keep pushing that barrow. Best of luck to Chez's mum mate. Crap happenings. 

Edited by GhettoGolfer, 16 November 2016 - 09:33 AM.

• Madambo likes this
6th March 2016 - Beat the ISG Matchplay Champion!

Posted Image

#7 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6641 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:29 PM

This is an utterly and completely deplorable act. 

Out of curiosity, have criminal charges been laid yet?  Surely there are more people affected? 

Has he skipped town? 

If he worked for a firm, the firm could potentially be liable as well, and they should have PI insurance to cover these sorts of things. 

Whilst its a crap time right now, all is not lost yet, just need to keep pushing that barrow. Best of luck to Chez's mum mate. Crap happenings. 

there is investigation going on. ghetto 

The firm he worked for  is doing their bit but  are saying they are lodging  the right paperwork etc etc

Today tonight in Adelaide have done a story and a follow up on this germ

He has skipped Town and Now is living in Alice Springs

The only thing that has happened is that his passport has been revoked so he cant  head out of Australia

Since  chez's mother  went to today tonight ,   there has been a lot more people effected by this germ and probably , Many more

chez mum and her partner will not give up  in trying to get their money back

its just  been a couple of months  of crap for them

• Ji Bao He likes this
I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

#8 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8924 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:44 PM

Hitting the media is one thing, have they sought legal counsel? 

Just like in banking and finance, if there is a rogue operator, the firm that employs the rogue are still liable for damages and losses as they should have systems and processes in place (ie audit, file review, reporting etc) to prevent this things from happening, and if not, the firm is not providing their duty of care.

• ozdevil likes this
6th March 2016 - Beat the ISG Matchplay Champion!

Posted Image

#9 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6641 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:05 PM

Hitting the media is one thing, have they sought legal counsel? 

Just like in banking and finance, if there is a rogue operator, the firm that employs the rogue are still liable for damages and losses as they should have systems and processes in place (ie audit, file review, reporting etc) to prevent this things from happening, and if not, the firm is not providing their duty of care.

they have seeked legal counsel 

hopefully soon this culprit is brought to justice  and  chezs mum gets their money back

#10 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22504 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:51 PM

Oz, garner the relatives and 'take a holiday' to go and see him. Let him know how much his health is in danger if he doesn't immediately come good with 'a solution'.
  • Ji Bao He and ozdevil like this

#11 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6641 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:36 PM

Oz, garner the relatives and 'take a holiday' to go and see him. Let him know how much his health is in danger if he doesn't immediately come good with 'a solution'.

believe me  when I say this OB  as much as I can see where ya coming from

I am not going to do a jail time for a germ in life... I have a smidge more respect then that

This bloke has made more then enemy of mine  he has hurt my family , I stumble on him well he will not have many more  days he can breathe ob...  I just hope that never happens

• Short Putt Man likes this

#12 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I am a recovering shankaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16209 posts
  • Location45 deg right of my last shot

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:48 PM

Sadly Oz the odds are that the money is gone. Often it is gambling, drugs or propping up a failed business. If you're very lucky he's bought real assets that can be seized and sold. That is quite rare though.

As advised by Ghetto, insurance of the firm that gave him a licence is the very best bet. Sadly it involves spending money on a shark (attorney) to get some money.

The other option is Mick Gatto.

Shanklink

OOM Tour

I am mid table mediocrity !

Baconwide Tour

Runner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at Yarrambat

NAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews Beach

Team Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship Flinders

Runner up 2017 Southern Invitational

Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour

Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine

Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport

#13 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36024 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:51 PM

Because that is what you would do?

Spare me.

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#14 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6641 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:56 PM

Sadly Oz the odds are that the money is gone. Often it is gambling, drugs or propping up a failed business. If you're very lucky he's bought real assets that can be seized and sold. That is quite rare though.

As advised by Ghetto, insurance of the firm that gave him a licence is the very best bet. Sadly it involves spending money on a shark (attorney) to get some money.

The other option is Mick Gatto.

Mouldy , what I gather he has 2 business up in alice springs, he has just sold a building in Adelaide  seized a property  from a pizza shop guy  this germ owes money to   and is sitting pretty in alice springs

chezs folks are going the company he worked for

I wish I could live his life with out paying it all back  , why is it all the crocks get an easy time while the honest bastards have to pay

#15 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22504 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:02 PM

Because that is what you would do?

Spare me.

I'm too old for violence. The Gatto idea is probably better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users