#91 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2920 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:41 AM

Yes kind of looking for the same player BUT here's the thing I am currently working with a different type

of synthetic cover to the ProV1 and Foremost made : Forte / Vice / Volvik / Wilson / Mizuno etc,,,,,,which

you can tell come from the same factory as they all feel sticky and go off colour in play,,,,, 

so I am a little more like Bridgestone/Callaway/Srixon/Nike and perhaps Taylor-Made/Snell,,,,,, which are

slicker and perhaps longer and more durable,,,,

I do understand the rubbery / very quiet cover impact on feel that a ProV1 player will talk to me about ,,,,,

and I am working on that as my Vision : PureFeel V8 design but it is just development project right now.

Edited by The_Boz, 10 December 2016 - 10:44 AM.

Vision UV Staybright Ball Technology / www.VisionGolfBall.com by WJB / #byWJB

#92 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13270 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:27 PM

Happy to give them a go commish, always open to new options and alternatives. Cheers!

From your days at the ISGWBT games I know that you are a good ball striker and can stripe the ball off the tee.  You and PJ had some ding dong battles from memory.  I think a comparison between the balls and review from a player of your capabilities will give Boz  valuable feedback.  PM me you postal details and they will be on there way to you on Monday.

• The_Boz likes this

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER

2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National  N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie

Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#93 Never Trendy

Never Trendy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

I played the Tour Performance S today. They were fantastic. Good feel, long off the driver and as much spin as any other ball I have ever played.
Unfortunately lost the 2 I received after about 12 holes (both on the one hole.) It still looked good after the 12 holes. Will be tempted to buy a box to give them more of a try.

Burglar Extraordinaire

4 Time SEQ Winner

2015 Nats Runner Up

2015 Nats 4BBB Runner Up (With 3 Birdie Goldy)

Golflink -http://www.golflink....k_No=4072302545

GolfShot - http://golfshot.com/...0230/statistics

#94 Davepuppies

Davepuppies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:04 PM

From your days at the ISGWBT games I know that you are a good ball striker and can stripe the ball off the tee.  You and PJ had some ding dong battles from memory.  I think a comparison between the balls and review from a player of your capabilities will give Boz  valuable feedback.  PM me you postal details and they will be on there way to you on Monday.

PM send commish.

My ball striking can be ok at times, and yes PJ and I had some great tussles over the long drive silverware! I really miss him, and the ISG days. Reckon I am due for another if family and work allow it.

Cheers
  • Groove_Snob likes this

#95 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13270 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:56 PM

PM send commish.

My ball striking can be ok at times, and yes PJ and I had some great tussles over the long drive silverware! I really miss him, and the ISG days. Reckon I am due for another if family and work allow it.

Cheers

Would be good to see you back.

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....

#96 retiredozzie

retiredozzie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

I received my sleeve of 2 Forte SSz Soft balls last week. Took one out midweek and promptly lost it on the 4th hole in the first cut of the rough. Seemed a nice ball as I hit the balls reasonably straight and long (for me).

I use Srixon SF Lady, Wilson Duo, Srixon Soft Feel and Callaway Supersoft with preferences in that order.

For my next round I started with a par and 4 points on my long par 5. On for 3 and 2 putts from 7 feet. This made me take a bit of notice as this was a rare occurrence. Finished the day with 37 points. Overall I felt that the Forte compared favourably with the balls I use. Initially the cover had a sticky feel about it but that soon disappeared. The Branding and numbering really stood out for me. 

At the end of the round the ball looked duller than partners' Callaway, Taylor Made and Srixon Q Star balls. 

I hope that they soon appear in our golf shops where I would certainly add them to my favourite balls list. House of Golf operates our Pro Shop so hope to see some soon.

• The_Boz and TheTrueReview like this

#97 retiredozzie

retiredozzie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

Seems they ask you for everything else but your handicap.  No thanks, I don't give my wife that much information.  

They don't need your handicap Commish as they have your Golf Link Number to ascertain what balls to send. I had no problem giving what they asked for. 

#98 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13270 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:39 PM

They don't need your handicap Commish as they have your Golf Link Number to ascertain what balls to send. I had no problem giving what they asked for. 

Didn't mind giving the golflink #, didn't mind giving my name and address, I mean how else are the balls to get to me.  The other stuff, I only give to people I know.  Besides that, happy supporting an Ozzie giving it a go in Boz and his Vision balls.  No need to support some overseas mob with an agent in Qld.  Hope you enjoy em.  

• The_Boz, BarnEsy05 and Groove_Snob like this

#99 p4m

p4m

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Location2074 rep

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:35 PM

I must say these forte as resilient 

Every Par 3 with a water carry i am bringing it out, it fails to find its true home!

• BarnEsy05 and dizzy_87 like this

:o

#100 numbnuts

numbnuts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

Tried the Tour Performance S and I like it.  I usually play a Wilson Staff FG Tour or a Srixon Z-Star and find the Forte to be as good as either of them.  I like the soft feel off the club head and find that the control is pretty good around the greens.  

• The_Boz likes this

#101 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2920 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:02 AM

Tried the Tour Performance S and I like it.  I usually play a Wilson Staff FG Tour or a Srixon Z-Star and find the Forte to be as good as either of them.  

Would you pay more for the Forte TPS than those balls or less? 

#102 numbnuts

numbnuts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:12 AM

Would you pay more for the Forte TPS than those balls or less? 

I would be happy to pay about the same, postage included.  I can usually pick up FG Tours for around $45 - $50 per dozen at pro shops.  Srixon Z-Stars are around $40 per box when buying 2 or more boxes at a time.  I can't see the value in ProV's at $70+ per dozen - good balls, but there are balls that are just as good, and seemingly with more durable covers.

I marginally prefer the FG Tours as they feel a bit softer - very under rated ball IMHO.  Can't seem to get them in Yellow anymore though.  When I buy Z-Stars I buy them in Yellow as I can see them better.

Edited by numbnuts, 21 December 2016 - 11:14 AM.

• The_Boz likes this

#103 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2920 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:28 PM

I would be happy to pay about the same, postage included. 

Thanks for the insight as I understand  for sure ,,,, 

#104 TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3811 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:01 PM

The owner of Forte must like the cut of my jib.  I received a complimentary ball marker yesterday that has their branding but done in the style of a poker chip. 

So, from my next round I will look like one of those show-ponies as I flop it out on the green.  Mission accomplished.

• The_Boz likes this

#105 Janjuc

Janjuc

Lost Soul ©

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1591 posts
  • LocationI'm Close, Very Close

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:56 AM

Hi All

Just returned from 3 weeks OS to find a sleeve of Tour Performance S, used one on Wednesday and it finished in as good a condition as I started my round with it.

Finished the round with 34 points, which was OK as I hadn't played for ~4 weeks and my back began aching around the last 4 holes where I got a mighty 1 point on each of them.

My usual ball is a Callaway Hexbite.

Woods: Soft feel, mid ball flight

Irons: Again soft feel, mid ball flight, with short irons #9 onwards usually took one bounce and then stopped within a foot or so.

Putter: Again soft feel, rolled truly and able to get distance well, had most first putts within 20 - 30 cm when had some 10 -15 metre putts.

JJ

• The_Boz likes this

Brag Here or Insert Pithy Remark !!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users