#31 Jolls

Jolls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationBallarat

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:57 AM

I also received 2 x Tour Performance S in the mail today, will give them a bash tonight after work and compare to my current Chrome Soft

• The_Boz likes this

#32 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2921 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:11 PM

Received 2 x Tour performance S today, will try and do a compare on Friday morning against my current pill.

Can you let us know what you normally play when you do,,, it makes the info more helpful,,,  ;)

Vision UV Staybright Ball Technology / www.VisionGolfBall.com by WJB / #byWJB

#33 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2921 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:12 PM

I also received 2 x Tour Performance S in the mail today, will give them a bash tonight after work and compare to my current Chrome Soft

It should be interesting as that should be a similar type ball,,,,,can you compare how they feel in the hand and after some holes?  :)

Cheers,

Boz

• Jolls likes this

#34 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:52 PM

It should be interesting as that should be a similar type ball,,,,,can you compare how they feel in the hand and after some holes? :)
Cheers,
Boz

Boz, on sunday i will play 9 with the balls i got and 9 withthe PT Red.
Will let you know
  • The_Boz likes this

#35 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2921 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

Boz, on sunday i will play 9 with the balls i got and 9 with the PT Red. Will let you know

Hi Rob, thanks,,, which ones ? the Tour Performance or the Apex? Cheers, Boz

#36 Davepuppies

Davepuppies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:46 PM

Very interested in your comparison, as the chrome soft is a ball I would like to try too
  • The_Boz and Jolls like this

#37 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:23 PM

Hi Rob, thanks,,, which ones ? the Tour Performance or the Apex? Cheers, Boz

Tour Performance
  • The_Boz likes this

#38 ink

ink

Power in (p)ink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33283 posts
  • Location#keepfighting

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:16 PM

Tool down

#39 Jolls

Jolls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationBallarat

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:46 AM

Very impressed with the Tour Performance S. I played 9 holes after work with one along side my regular Callaway chrome soft and couldn't spot many noticeable differences. They both feel very "tacky" at the start of a round as you would expect from a decent ball. The feel from my driver and irons were almost identical, I was hitting them quite well and they often ended up within a few metres of each other. The ball flight was possibly slightly lower on the Forte which didn't bother me as I generally hit it quite high and it was also very windy. The spin around the greens was great as you would expect from a performance ball, immediately gave me the confidence that if I struck it well it would check up. The only noticeable difference that I felt was that the Forte felt a bit "heavier" off my putter face? Not sure what I can put that down to.

I would certainly have no problems gaming this ball full time. The only thing I don't like is the text on the ball itself, it's a bit big to my eye but that's just personal preference. Also I haven't looked into their pricing as yet but they would want to be competitive to knock off my chromey's. I currently buy 2 dozen for $99 from GolfBox, buy a $3 packet of tees to kick it over the $100 mark then use a $20 Golflink voucher that can usually be found here or on other sites. $3.40 per ball for a chrome soft is great value in my opinion.

• The_Boz likes this

#40 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4632 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:10 AM

Not related to the Forte golf samples but I got a sleeve of Titleist prototypes in the mail today. I registered to be a product tester through their website so thought I would post here in case anyone else was interested. 

https://www.titleist...lf-ball-testing

• koiom K Frenzy and Jolls like this

#41 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11827 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:23 AM

Not related to the Forte golf samples but I got a sleeve of Titleist prototypes in the mail today. I registered to be a product tester through their website so thought I would post here in case anyone else was interested. 

https://www.titleist...lf-ball-testing

and now I've just signed up for that one too...

I am going to have far too many golf balls for testing than games to test them at 

• Francie likes this
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#42 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4632 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:28 AM

and now I've just signed up for that one too...

I am going to have far too many golf balls for testing than games to test them at 

I wonder if balls go bad if you keep them in storage as long as you will.

#43 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11827 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:43 AM

I wonder if balls go bad if you keep them in storage as long as you will.

I am running with that this is a required condition for testing and it vital to their research 

• Jolls and Itchy4Scratch like this
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#44 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2921 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:05 AM

The ball flight was possibly slightly lower on the Forte. The only noticeable difference that I felt was that the Forte felt a bit "heavier" off my putter face? Not sure what I can put that down to.

haven't looked into their pricing as yet but they would want to be competitive to knock off my chromey's. I currently buy 2 dozen for $99 from GolfBox, buy a $3 packet of tees to kick it over the $100 mark then use a $20 Golflink voucher that can usually be found here or on other sites. $3.40 per ball for a chrome soft is great value in my opinion.

Ok that all makes sense,,, the core setup will be a bit harder / higher which leads to the lower trajectory and the heavier feel with the putter I would think.

Here's the part I am taking a real interest in ,,, 2 dozen are at say $45 plus Couriers Please satchel at $7.50 = $97.50 ,,, say $4.00 a ball,,, 

Most players would stay with their existing balls I would think?

Cheers,

Boz

#45 p4m

p4m

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Location2074 rep

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:23 AM

i registered for the titleist this time smart enough to not put real handicap  :lol:

Edited by p4m, 24 November 2016 - 10:24 AM.

• The_Boz, BumpunRun and Itchy4Scratch like this

:o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users