Thanks stretch

#32 voss

voss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1617 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:33 AM

Thought I would re-visit Drummonds for the Masters sale last week. Besides being the only person in the store I was amazed at the lack of genuine bargains available. They had a brand of putter on sale, no clothing except for buy three for the price of two and some items discounted by a massive 10% . Complete waste of time really..... lift your game Drummonds !!   

#33 The Gap Wedge Draw

The Gap Wedge Draw

I am a recovering shankaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16528 posts
  • LocationIn the left rough on 7th 105m from pin

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

Thought I would re-visit Drummonds for the Masters sale last week. Besides being the only person in the store I was amazed at the lack of genuine bargains available. They had a brand of putter on sale, no clothing except for buy three for the price of two and some items discounted by a massive 10% . Complete waste of time really..... lift your game Drummonds !!

Just go to the new HoG opposite MGA. Wouldn't waste my time going into a Drummonds for anything.
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#34 honma boy

honma boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

I must say the guys in Drummo,s in Ballarat are all top notch,I have dealt with them for many years,never had a complaint. Off Topic., I have had the pleasure to play with Ray Drummond some years ago,he is a top bloke,he apparently had a shed that was wall to wall with clubs.putters .

hit a pretty good ball too,although,my first sighting of him swinging was at Skipton golf club in vic,he hooked 3 oob on a par3....argh...he is human,he never batted an eyelid,just grinned.

#35 the piranha

the piranha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:52 PM

I got a mixed experience here...

Was looking to buy a new driver few weeks ago, thinking about testing the M1, M2 or the Epic. I live in Sydney, where the local golf clearance outlet (my favorite store) has no simulator to test clubs, so it is either Drummond or Golf World/Mart. There are few others like Powergolf, Golf Traders or Pureform, but they are located around Stanmore - Alexandria area, where traffic is a ***** on weekend and they are selling them for the same price anyway, I checked.

Went to my closest Golf World, the simulator was barely functional, old, have to be hit in specific way to register. But the worse thing was, the chap put like 3 layers of tape on a driver with the plastic wrap still on it, before giving me the club to swing! Couldn't feel a thing when I hit the driver and totally put me off.

Then I went to Drummond, it was like a night and day, a sim with GC2 and the chap at Drummond handed me a "real" club to test, no tape bullshit. He even switched the shafts around until I got something that I like. Now, i didn't hit flush and long every time, but it was me, I know that, no new club will fix it. But I want a new club, it is my money (well was my money) and I'll spend it the way I feel like to.

Now I do see some overpriced stuffs. So moral of the story, look around and compare the pricing before you go to Drummond, or any store for that matter.

• Weetbix, RobNewy, Justlearning and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users