• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SG89

SG89

Suspect

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:19 AM

I've always had a higher than normal launch with all my shots, had many lessons with flightscope showing a very straight club path and face angle at impact but spins been a big problem always hitting 3000+, I've tried lots of different drivers,x stiff heavy shafts gone down to 8.5 degrees and spins still can't get in the 2000's.

Then today I caught upto another player with the same 913 D2 driver as me but he had a 12 degree model. He hit very low penetrating drives with this and I was confused. He said he picked it up as a used driver because it was only $100 so it wasn't fitted but it worked for him.
We had a hit of each other's drivers on one of the holes and he hit mine much higher, I tried his and it was the lowest drive I've ever hit.

I then put my driver into its highest setting which also emphasizes draw bias. Straight away my drives were lower.

hopefully this continues to work, but has anyone else had this happen for there swing?

#2 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2088 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:36 PM

Was the new setting that you discovered A3, most draw or D2 less loft ?
Why did you get the Titleist 913 D2 model, it's the one with the spiniest face, the D3 model gives alot less spin rate off the face !
I just measured a D2 model and the loft was approximately 11.5 degrees in the middle of the face, so in the top third it will be around 13 degrees plus and if you thin it off the bottom third it will be about 10 degrees !
Setting the face to a more closed position at address will give you the perception that it has less loft but being able to change the loft good luck with that :)
Driver face welded to the body of the head, either via heat or chemically. Rotating the shaft will give the look of being square, open or closed. Other than a perception it won't change the loft because it's set in stone !

Jon...

#3 SG89

SG89

Suspect

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:09 PM

I went from C1 to A3, I didnt know at the time when I bought this driver :( . I have hit a few others on flightscope including ping G30, LS tec, 915D2 and d3, r15.but my spin numbers were always 3000-3500. I did notice with the 12 degree driver I sat the ball back a little more and delofted the face, it sort of felt like hitting a huge hybrid.

#4 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5610 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:02 PM

My guess is that your release pattern through impact is related to your issues. One of the short comings of flight scope, Trackman etc is not being able to accurately diagnose what is occurring during release. The only method I know to find out what is going on is by fast frame video camera setup adjacent to the ball position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users