#1 The Gap Wedge Draw

The Gap Wedge Draw

I am a recovering shankaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16528 posts
  • LocationIn the left rough on 7th 105m from pin

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:20 PM

For those interested in who will be the star recruits in 2017 the TAC Cup Grand Final is on Fox Footy tomorrow morning at 11am.

Sandringham Dragons v Murray Bushranges.

There are 8 probable top 30 picks playing in the game and you'll read a lot about them in the next couple of months.

Dragons

5         McGrath (my Rising Star Pick)

8         Taranto

10       Scrimshaw

11       Brayshaw

13       Florent

Bushrangers

7        Brodie

20      Sproule

40      Marshall

Should be a cracking game.  Dragons are a very disciplined and tight team.  Bushrangers don't get the same chances to train together and so rely more on individual brilliance.

Dragons finished 5th and have knocked over the top 2 teams Dandenong and Geelong in the finals.  Having all their private school players back makes a huge difference.

Bushrangers thrashed the heavily favoured  Oakleigh last week.  Like the Dragons the Oakleigh was bolstered by all of their privates but just didn't click against a very strong opposition.

The footage will be up on the TAC website next week and well worth a look if you haven't got Fox.

• Hat_Trick likes this
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#2 The Gap Wedge Draw

The Gap Wedge Draw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16528 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:39 PM

Great win by the Dragons and another flag for the Mouldy family.

National Tour

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#3 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33923 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:43 PM

Who are you talking to???   :unsure:  :blink:

• Gilbert Grape likes this

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#4 Hat_Trick

Hat_Trick

Dr Bob's No.1 Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4526 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:03 PM

Who are you talking to??? :unsure: :blink:

It's scary isn't it
  • RobNewy and Francie like this

23/08/2015 - Curlewis. 5th Hole. Third Shot. Topped the ball, bounced up and hit my hat. 1 shot penalty. "Hat Trick"

23/11/2014 - Settlers Run. Vic OOM5. 18th tee. Nominee for ISG Hall of Fame Drives. "Air Swing"

#5 The Gap Wedge Draw

The Gap Wedge Draw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16528 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 05:05 PM

Only intelligent people who know my junior football prowess is without peer.

You will notice my Rising Star nomination was BoG today on the big stage and is the likely No.1 draft pick.

National Tour

#6 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Arnie's Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10936 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:56 PM

Only out of pity, who in your family played for The Dragons, no names please, was it a grandson, nephew, sperm donation?

Billionaire Genius Playboy Philanthropist NAGA

2017 VIC ISG OOM Champion

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#7 The Gap Wedge Draw

The Gap Wedge Draw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16528 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:33 PM

Stepson is the defence coach and had the best record in the comp for the year.

Helps when he has McGrath running off halfback.

As distinct from myself he is highly regarded in Melbourne football.  Especially in player development.

Grandson #1 played for the Dragons 3 years ago but was too small to get noticed.  You have to be very special like Charlie Spargo (son of Paul) to make it.  Charlie was underage this year and sure to go first round next year.

National Tour

#8 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Arnie's Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10936 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:55 AM

So your insider source has been revealed at last, poor buggar has no idea you are passing on his insight does he?

Billionaire Genius Playboy Philanthropist NAGA

2017 VIC ISG OOM Champion

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#9 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2899 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:40 AM

So, going into the draft period, can someone out there who knows about these things, tell me how good/bad was the Lions trading pre-draft.

I've heard of Hanley gone, Frost in and then just draft picks either way in various trade deals. Have the Lions done ok? Or not so good? They seem to be concentrating on getting some high draft picks this year and next year.

What's the general feeling? And is the new coach highly regarded? another Hawks assistant wasn't he?

Edited by bazinoz, 21 October 2016 - 07:52 AM.

#10 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:38 PM

I am just hoping its a really deep draft since we are probably going to have the last 4 or 5 picks or something very close to that.

#11 The Gap Wedge Draw

The Gap Wedge Draw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16528 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:10 PM

I am just hoping its a really deep draft since we are probably going to have the last 4 or 5 picks or something very close to that.

Lots of obvious talent in the first 2 rounds.  Will not take long for teams to nominate their choices.  After that it gets down to how good your recruiting staff are.

National Tour

#12 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12117 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:32 PM

Thanks for this good post

I know you are, you said you are
But what am I?
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#13 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6675 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:03 PM

look  i know everyone wants  picks at the front end of the draft,

but some great players have been picked up at high end numbers

fevola was a very late pick - yeah bit of idiot off field in his time but a fantastic forward just the same

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#14 The Gap Wedge Draw

The Gap Wedge Draw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16528 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:30 PM

fevola was a very late pick - yeah bit of idiot off field in his time but a fantastic forward just the same

That was a long time ago and the systems in place now don't miss talent very often.  There are so many full time recruiters now that smokies in the 5th round are rare.  Clubs are adopting "Moneyball" strategies to seek players with specific skills.  Bluey from the bush doesn't suddenly appear.

National Tour

#15 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:28 AM

Fevola was a late pick because of character concerns not because of a lack of talent.  I am sure most if not all clubs thought he had the capacity to be a star player.

Clubs saw him as being a serious risk, which ultimately he turned out to be.  He featured in a TV show about his draft year and I recall that he and his mum worried about him getting picked up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users