#1 upnin

upnin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1037 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:32 PM

Latest report on Kooralbyn is that with the good rain and a bit of heat returning the greens have improved out of sight, the bunkers have settled in a bit better (not perfect as the ball can still plug), and the fairways are improving by the week.

They're also removing some trees, like the palms on the 9th which opens up the tee shot, and just making general improvements.

Word is they are getting 60 - 80 players a day, many of them return players.

So, might be worth a visit once the summer growth gets underway proper. And at $99 for a room, an overnight stay after playing The Copperhead on a Thursday followed by apres golf libations, and then another round the next day are definitely on my horizon. 

• AhBen, Schmuck, Mr_C and 3 others like this

#2 dizzy_87

dizzy_87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:34 PM

Played Kooralbyn yesterday for the first time and really enjoyed it, I wont elaborate on my score but will just leave it at course 1 me nil. Still preferred lie in play through the green but was hardly needed in my opinion greens were in good nick with only one or two a bit rough,  

• Madambo and Schmuck like this

#3 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5610 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:38 PM

A dozen lads from my club played there last weekend in the comp. They were impressed with the course and facilities going from the favourable comments I heard. Guessing they will be back in the foreseeable future.
  • Schmuck likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users