#16 Notupnotin

Notupnotin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:38 PM

Ok had a putter fitting this morning, First checked out my stroke using cameras etc  determined that on the take away my wrists break open 8 deg roughly meaning I don't always get the club face back square. Also putter head was to far outside the line of my eyes.  So after that was told I needed a toe balance putter 331/2 " long. Currently game a face balanced putter 34". So after playing around with a few options i'm down to 2 choices 1. Odyssey Works Versa #9, Toe Weighted Blade Putter @331/2" and a oversized grip or a Ping version that I can't remember the name.

Anyway cut my current shaft down an inch to practice with then i'll go back have another go with both next week and make a decision.

-2015 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade & Overall Winner
-2016 Team Winner of the Vincent Cup @ Barwon Heads
-2017 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade Winner & N/P

-2017 GDGA Div 5 Pennant Winners (Winchelsea)

-2018 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "A" Grade Winner

Single figures reached(9.5) on 28//8/2016
H/C 8.7 on 11/3/17

PB Round 73/9/64 (11/3/17)
http://www.golflink....49&dt=1&skip=1#

https://www.gamegolf.../player/keggolf

#17 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3082 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:56 PM

Ok had a putter fitting this morning, First checked out my stroke using cameras etc  determined that on the take away my wrists break open 8 deg roughly meaning I don't always get the club face back square. Also putter head was to far outside the line of my eyes.  So after that was told I needed a toe balance putter 331/2 " long. Currently game a face balanced putter 34". So after playing around with a few options i'm down to 2 choices 1. Odyssey Works Versa #9, Toe Weighted Blade Putter @331/2" and a oversized grip or a Ping version that I can't remember the name.

Anyway cut my current shaft down an inch to practice with then i'll go back have another go with both next week and make a decision.

Where'd you do that mate, PureForm?

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

#18 Notupnotin

Notupnotin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:08 PM

Where'd you do that mate, PureForm?

Nah my coach has set up a putting lab out the back of the local Drummond store here in Geelong, he works out of there once a week. might not be as comprehensive as Pure Form but I was there for 2 hours still.

• RobNewy and Tigerblood like this

H/C 8.7 on 11/3/17

#19 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10954 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:08 PM

The #9 is a belter of a shape. Fantastic
I had a # 9 ProType full milled jigger for ages.

Wish i had never sold it. .

#20 Notupnotin

Notupnotin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:11 PM

It's bazar never thought i'd use that shape putter didn't give confidence just looking at it but once I used it for a while it felt right.

H/C 8.7 on 11/3/17

#21 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10954 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:13 PM

It's bazar never thought i'd use that shape putter didn't give confidence just looking at it but once I used it for a while it felt right.

I also liked it because of the flow neck.
  • Notupnotin likes this

#22 madness

madness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:45 PM

I have had two putter fits in the last month. One at vic park golf centre in Brisbane which was terrible. The guy watched me hit putts with the same putter and made no attempt to try anything else. It was on the sam puttlab. The sensor they have to place on the putter makes it feel like an E swingweight affecting the results.

Because of this poor fit I then stumped up the $200 for a putter fit at cool clubs on the Gold Coast and it was very good. They use machine putters that can be altered to any spec and have cameras instead of puttlab so nothing is placed on the putter. My action changed quite a lot without any coaching. My putter was a small mallet with a lot of toe hang which I have often bought because I like the weight in them. I started with the clubface 5 degrees open at address, the swing path 4 degrees inside on the way back and getting the face square to a little closed at impact. 

By the end I was 2 degrees open at address and 2 degrees inside on the way back and square each time at impact. They also have a camera showing the ball just after impact and it was recommended I have 4 degrees of loft because I squash the ball a little bit. The putter they recommended was a face balanced blade with full offset. My original putter was already the right length and weight. The more sight lines he put on the putter the worse my alignment got. I'm very left eye dominant and I don't see that the face and the sight lines point the same way. He put a parallel line behind the face like the versa putters and I was lining up much better.

The kicker is that the machine putter was $700! I'm trying to find something at least half that price but they emailed the specs to me. Admittedly I haven't tried the exact specs in the heat of battle but a friend has lent me a face balanced putter that I have altered the good old fashioned way with a hacksaw and lead tape and I am putting much better.

I think pureform do a similar thing with Edel putters and I know Henry Griffits had a putter fitting system years ago although it was only with a laser checking alignment. It wasn't dynamic.

• Notupnotin likes this

#23 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5611 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 10:09 PM

Why not put a cross line on the ball. The ball marking jigs allow for a vertical line and a horizontal line. This will allow you to line up the ball at the target and to line up the putter face without referencing the other line. When putting work off the face line not the target line.

The rotation in your stroke is an issue. It is likely caused by the position of your target shoulder. If the shoulder is retracted then something has to rotate to get the putter back and through. This will disappear if with a protracted shoulder. A protracted shoulder has the shoulder forward as in throwing a straight left (punch).

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.
  • madness likes this

#24 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23204 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:32 PM

The kicker is that the machine putter was $700! I'm trying to find something at least half that price but they emailed the specs to me. Admittedly I haven't tried the exact specs in the heat of battle but a friend has lent me a face balanced putter that I have altered the good old fashioned way with a hacksaw and lead tape and I am putting much better.

A friend lent you a putter and you attacked it with a hacksaw ?

I hope he was a good, forgiving, friend.

• Notupnotin and madness like this

#25 Notupnotin

Notupnotin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:56 PM

Attached File  image.jpeg   87KB   7 downloads
Picked up the new flat stick today, won't be able to use it Saturday though home track is under water after 100mm over the last few days!!

H/C 8.7 on 11/3/17

#26 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10954 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:36 AM

image.jpeg
Picked up the new flat stick today, won't be able to use it Saturday though home track is under water after 100mm over the last few days!!

Nice choice mate

#27 Notupnotin

Notupnotin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:40 PM

That awful feeling when you putt worse with your new $300 putter than your old one! :unsure:

• Weetbix and RobNewy like this

H/C 8.7 on 11/3/17

#28 mrbluu

mrbluu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1156 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:53 PM

I can concur that it is a very good putter.....😆
  • Cats are Farked likes this

#29 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10954 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:04 AM

I can concur that it is a very good putter.....

So i hear!!

Dibs again
  • Cats are Farked likes this

#30 mrbluu

mrbluu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1156 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:29 PM

So i hear!!

Dibs again